PDA

View Full Version : Death of a great one

LINETRASH
10-13-2006, 02:51 AM
I announce with a heavy heart the death of my father.

He was in the line business for over 43 years.

He fell in the bathroom this morning and suffered a massive bleed in the brain.

I scrambled to get a flight to my hometown, and arrived about 4 hours before his final breath.

This is a small tribute to a man who had many friends in the line business, many friends in AA, and who never met a stranger.

He leaves behind a wife, two kids, and two grandkids.

If any of you have ever worked for Irby const. co., you probably have heard of my dad.

He will be missed, and I am proud to be his son.

Angels are now dodging headach balls and pulling lead line.

I love you dad.

catfish
10-13-2006, 06:31 AM
sorry for your loss linetrash

Orgnizdlbr
10-13-2006, 07:04 AM
My condolenses LT, I'll say a prayer this evening for a fallen Brother.

loodvig
10-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a great man. I wish I could have met him.

thrasher
10-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear of your sudden loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Paige
10-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Linetrash: My condolences to you and your family.

Never Alone
by Rodney Belcher

I feel you in the morning
When at first I awake
Your thought is with me
With each decision I make

You'd been around forever
Since the first breath I took
Now I have to go on alone
But for love, I need not look

Cause by what you bestowed
In our time together
Will last in my heart
Forever and ever

Although you've left
And now walk above
I'm never alone
I'm wrapped in your love

Enjoy now your long waited reward
Feel peace that your love continues on
What was taught to me, will be taught to mine
Cause you live on in me even after you've gone

Trampbag
10-13-2006, 11:55 AM
My family and I send our condolences to yours.

lineman641
10-13-2006, 01:05 PM
my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. i'm sure you have and will continue to make him proud of what you have accomplished.

Line Cowboy
10-13-2006, 01:26 PM
That must have been an exceptional man to have brought someone as knowledgeable as you up. L.T. my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Newbie

BigClive
10-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Linetrash. Probably not the ending he'd have chosen.

49pan
10-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Very sorry for for your loss. Bigclive said it, guarentee you he is dogging the grunts as we speak. Don't worry the sun still needs power and i'm sure he is the one making sure it happens. Stay strong and look out for yourself. We are here for a good time not a long time.

Hemingray Insulators
10-13-2006, 04:32 PM
sorry to here that, he sounds like one hell of a man, wish I'da known him.

n_ogden
10-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss man. I will keep your family in my prayers good buddy.

LINETRASH
10-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Thanks for your kind words, folks.

I am humbled by your kindness.

It reminds me what a close-knit bunch we are.

Koga
10-14-2006, 11:26 PM
to hear of your dads passing. He and I shared the same exclusive club and he left a winner.I'll keep yall in my prayers tonight.

Koga
Glenn

lewisgwen2
10-15-2006, 12:42 AM
I'am the mother of a son that I lost on june 13 th.2006 he was 25 yrs old so i no prayers do help with out them I would not have no what to do. He died on a line he leaves behind 3 daughters 2,3, and 1and a half months old.god bless today i will pray in church for you and your family god bless.

electric squirrel
10-15-2006, 12:48 PM
May his hooks be sharp ,the poles soft,and the sun shine on that "Big Job " in the sky! E.S.

woody
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Is it just me or was this during the time of everybody losing their posts? Again...sorry about your loss LINETRASH. Man... losing a father is never easy... hope things are going well with YOU. woody

scammy
10-21-2006, 03:12 AM
sorry for your loss linetrash,,,,,,,,I always think about lost brothers when the lightning flashes and the wind howls,,,,,,scammy

old lineman
10-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Your fathers death saddens me very much.
I lost my father-in-law the same way. He was a peach of a guy.
If it helps, usually a brain aneurysm is what starts everything and the fall is secondary. Either way we both lost someone dear to us.
My wife is a nurse and she feels it's better than to survive and not be able to function at all. I guess that's true, but it still hurts.
God bless.
The Old Lineman

LINETRASH
10-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Yes sir, the doc said it was a "berry" aneurysm that struck him down.

He was responding to questions for an hour or two, and then nothing. Only labored breathing with lungs filling after that.

I was there for his last breath but was made to understand that he was long gone long beforehand.

It is my understanding like you said, he never suffered, and was better off.

You know that it's just the body trying to survive, but you see your loved one's body going through it, and it still aint easy.

I say to my dad: Put your tools away, I'll catch this one.

old lineman
10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes sir, the doc said it was a "berry" aneurysm that struck him down.

He was responding to questions for an hour or two, and then nothing. Only labored breathing with lungs filling after that.

I was there for his last breath but was made to understand that he was long gone long beforehand.

It is my understanding like you said, he never suffered, and was better off.

You know that it's just the body trying to survive, but you see your loved one's body going through it, and it still aint easy.

I say to my dad: Put your tools away, I'll catch this one.

As I said my wife is a nurse. Guess what!
She made me get a blood pressure cuff. We regularily check her BP and mine.
Mine has a tendacy to elevate. At her insistance off to the doctor I go.
It's now down again but this is a huge problem.
It's known as the silent killer.
It's caused by many things. Some are hypertension, weight, stress, anger and so on.
If you read other posts you quickly see anger. This trade is loaded with it for numerous reasons. It's also loaded with stress. Some because they are being pushed and some because they like the money but hate the electrical environment they are in.
Continued high BP can be the cause of a brain bleed, stroke, heart attack and a myriad of other medical problems.
I believe every family should purchase one of these devices and see if they are at risk.
With all the crap that's going on in these posts linemen could be dying off the job (your dad) and it doesn't even look like the lineman business had anything to do with it.
I might have. Just a thought.
The Old Lineman

LostArt
10-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm truly sorry to hear of the death of your father LT. Mine and the boss's thoughts are with ya buddy.

--LA

LINETRASH
11-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks, girlfriend, nice to see you back!