PDA

View Full Version : Liar or Moron

DuFuss
10-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Since SBatts is on my ignore list the only part of the thing I can see is the topic. Now I'm assuming he's asking people if they thing he's a liar or a moron. Yes we do.

Dave@PSE&G
10-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I have to wonder what Battman will have left to complain about should the Democraps take control of either the House, the Senate, or both. Let's face it, there are a lot of problems in this country right now, and he's convinced that Bush and the Republican's caused it all. Well, chances are there will be some change in November. So by December 1st, all of our problems should be solved, right? Not to worry everyone. Hillary will fix everything else in '08.

wormy
10-15-2006, 11:55 AM
You guys attack Batts but what about his points.

Goathead
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
I know one thing Bush is, its a liar,and the closer it gets to election day the bigger they get.Him and his bought party are cleary worried.With that said I think both parties are a bunch of fakes.They say politics are local,being a union lineman I must support the dummacrats,the repundicans would surely eliminate the unions reduce your wages and benefits only to make thier owners richers

wormy
10-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Swamprat
Just which direction do you like that the Republican party is headed?

By the way it looks like Batts as sent you over the edge. You don't try to defend any of the Republican accusations that he gives. You just attack him and your posts just keep getting more vile.

The republican party is in control of everything but if they can't get anything done now when will they be able to move in any direction?

They say they are for a smaller government but are doing the opposite.
They say they are for morals but keep get hauled off to jail or caught up in scandals. It just goes on and on

Like I said buy Woodwards book and look at what Republicans are saying about the President. Delay and company tried to strongarm everyone and it is coming back at em

wormy
10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
He is definately a liar.
Moron, I don't think so. He was smart enough to become President. Just not smart enough to do the job

wormy
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
What's gonna be your excuse or reason if democrats Don't get back in power? If America decides to stay Republican?

I never said that republicans would lose power. I expect the democrats to make some gains but not enough to take over.

I personally like the democrats and republicans both in power. That way there is gridlock and the politicians can't screw stuff up to much. They are forced to work together to find a middle ground which I feel is where most of America stands

Dave@PSE&G
10-17-2006, 11:11 PM
You guys attack Batts but what about his points.

Hey Worm, I'm not attacking Battman. I just can't get over the fact that he believes that EVERY problem in the U.S. today can be attributed to the Bush administration. Now look, Bush is no rocket scientist, but the cause of everything? Battman "goes to bat" for the democrats. If that's what he believes in, more power to him. However, his "points" read like a Michael Moore movie script. Any politician will FUCK ANY AND ALL OF US if they think they can get away with it. I am truly disgusted at the state of politics in this country. When is the last time, at any level, did you hear a politician tell you what HE WOULD DO as opposed to telling you how fucked up his opponent is? Our elected officials, with the exception of a select few, love the fact that in this country there is banter back and forth like what you read here on this site, at the local gin mills and supermarkets, etc. Want to know why? Because while we bicker back and forth with each other, they line up in Washington and take turns ass-raping us, and eroding any chance of prosperity for future generations. We ALL better wake the fuck up and put some elected officials in that want to make a difference. Not a difference in their checkbooks, but a difference on the American political landscape. Forget Republican/Democratic party lines. The 2 parties have sodomized us for too long. The time has come for a 3rd party to emerge to dilute the power these career politicians have been drunk on as far back as I can remember. Choose wisely in November, people. Choose wisely.

Dave@PSE&G
10-17-2006, 11:40 PM
I never said that republicans would lose power. I expect the democrats to make some gains but not enough to take over.

I personally like the democrats and republicans both in power. That way there is gridlock and the politicians can't screw stuff up to much. They are forced to work together to find a middle ground which I feel is where most of America stands

Worm,
It is the gridlock that kills this country. We are the richest country on Earth. Ever. Yet people live on the streets, eat from trash cans. People can't get medicine when they're sick, yet we're the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. The list of flaws could go on and on. How is it that we can't resolve the problems in this country? Because of Greed. Nothing else. Pure fucking greed. I agree with SwampRat. Term limits are an essential element to repairing this country from the inside. The longer a politician is in office, the more powerful he or she becomes. Lobbyists buy politicians daily, and everyone knows it. How can we send billions to other countries yet tell American citizens that there isn't enough money for Social Security increases to combat runaway medication costs. It's a damn disgrace. Other countries offer their kids free college educations. I wonder how many brilliant minds never see the inside of a lecture hall because a college education costs as much as a house. I have said it before and I'll say it again. As long as we are stuck with a 2 party system, we all lose. The machine will never allow one side or the other to destroy itself. A 3rd party can sway the balance of power enough so a crucial bill in the House or Senate won't be killed or passed solely along party lines. Politicians constantly point fingers at one another, blaming each other for nothing getting done (a.k.a.- Gridlock). Mix in some 3rd party politicians and the party lines become blurred. No more rubber stamped yays and nays. Democrats and Republicans can never seem to work together, unless it is to destroy 3rd party candidates who threaten to fuck up their little game. New blood has never been more drastically needed than it is now.

Orgnizdlbr
10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Worm,
It is the gridlock that kills this country. We are the richest country on Earth. Ever. Yet people live on the streets, eat from trash cans. People can't get medicine when they're sick, yet we're the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. The list of flaws could go on and on. How is it that we can't resolve the problems in this country? Because of Greed. Nothing else. Pure fucking greed. I agree with SwampRat. Term limits are an essential element to repairing this country from the inside. The longer a politician is in office, the more powerful he or she becomes. Lobbyists buy politicians daily, and everyone knows it. How can we send billions to other countries yet tell American citizens that there isn't enough money for Social Security increases to combat runaway medication costs. It's a damn disgrace. Other countries offer their kids free college educations. I wonder how many brilliant minds never see the inside of a lecture hall because a college education costs as much as a house. I have said it before and I'll say it again. As long as we are stuck with a 2 party system, we all lose. The machine will never allow one side or the other to destroy itself. A 3rd party can sway the balance of power enough so a crucial bill in the House or Senate won't be killed or passed solely along party lines. Politicians constantly point fingers at one another, blaming each other for nothing getting done (a.k.a.- Gridlock). Mix in some 3rd party politicians and the party lines become blurred. No more rubber stamped yays and nays. Democrats and Republicans can never seem to work together, unless it is to destroy 3rd party candidates who threaten to fuck up their little game. New blood has never been more drastically needed than it is now.

I dont disagree with the premise of a third party, but where do you start? I would love to see a third party organized and bring some real opposition to the status quo.

Now to the point on gridlock, yes there is gridlock in congress, but its been that way ad infenitum. There was as much party bickering 200 years ago as there is today. Pick up some books on the riffs between Thomas Jefferson and John Marshall, thats a good starting point....

Another point on gridlock, why is there grilock in the halls of Congress when the Majority Party holds both Houses and the Whitehouse? Just a little something to think about......

Orgnizdlbr
10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Bush is a religious (reformed Drunk, Doper) fanatic, Carl Rove uses him like a magic wand to get the other religious fanatics to do his will. Atythe same time he wants to legalize 12 million slave illegals and have an open border.

Steve, I think you have that Carl Rove statement a little skewed. The puppeteers who pull the strings pull ALL the strings. Rove and Bush have their strings pulled at the same time. Rove is very good at what he does, but he is not the driving force behind agenda. He is merely a tool. The driving force behind it all is MONEY, those who have it, those who want to keep it, those who want more of it. Those who would subjegate the worker to make more and pay less. Take for instance Walmart. Walmart is not the only one but is the poster child. It affects both parties Steve. The lobbyists run many agendas. Until you take money out of the equation, and until you find a politician who is really in it to perform public service for the good of the PEOPLE, it will go on and on.....

Dave@PSE&G
10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I dont disagree with the premise of a third party, but where do you start? I would love to see a third party organized and bring some real opposition to the status quo.

Now to the point on gridlock, yes there is gridlock in congress, but its been that way ad infenitum. There was as much party bickering 200 years ago as there is today. Pick up some books on the riffs between Thomas Jefferson and John Marshall, thats a good starting point....

Another point on gridlock, why is there grilock in the halls of Congress when the Majority Party holds both Houses and the Whitehouse? Just a little something to think about......

Labor,
Thanks for the reading referral. I'll look into it (well, I'll at least Google the subject). Moving on to the subject of gridlock; you're right. There is no reason for all this gridlock when 1 party has control. Why? I suppose that the only things that get through are those that are in the best interests of the party in charge. That is why I'd love to see a 3rd party rise up and challenge these "status quo" assholes. How can it start. Perhaps the public can snap out of the spell the 2 parties put them under with all the bullshit babble and make educated decisions. Time will tell...

wormy
10-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm a independent

n_ogden
10-19-2006, 10:03 PM
haha hell yea man, i thought i was the only independent on the boards. i used to be a hardcore republican, but im not a very political person anymore. maybe being 20 years old has something to do with it haha.

"little beaver"
10-19-2006, 10:07 PM
".................... MONEY, those who have it, those who want to keep it, those who want more of it."

Doesn't the above apply to all of us?

Trampbag
10-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Nope, I don't have it.

Orgnizdlbr
10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
".................... MONEY, those who have it, those who want to keep it, those who want more of it."

Doesn't the above apply to all of us?

Real Money Beav, not the chump change that working people earn....Billions brother Billions$$$

Dave@PSE&G
10-20-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm a independent

Worm,
When I hear someone say that they're an "Independant", it means to me that they are not attached to any one party. When I was referring to a 3rd party, I meant the rise of a 3rd party that is equal in power to the Dems and Republicans, basically making it a 3 horse race. Now of course it won't happen overnight, but I feel the time has come to smash the status quo in DC.
I have been a Republican all my voting life, mainly because Democrats love to give away $$ on bullshit programs mainly to people who don't want to get up and help their own cause. I am 41, have been unemployed EXACTLY 1 week since I got out of school, and recieved no help from anyone. I worked and went to night school to better myself, all the while watching my tax dollars being handed out to those who did nothing to help themselves. To me, the Republicans stood for people like me who didn't depend on the government to prop them up. Well, perhaps I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but I don't feel like anyone stands for me anymore. I work my ass off (800-1200 hrs OT/year) and can't get ahead. Property taxes, income taxes, health insurance, car insurance are all spiraling up and out of control, and NO ONE does ANYTHING. All the assholes we put in office have health insurance, fat pensions, limo's, and huge salaries,of course. They don't give a fuck about the common folks, nevermind the poor. Well, they pretend to care in an election year,but thats it. Well, I'm tired of it. Then, as if that's not enough, I read the paper and see these scumbags caught on the take and grabbing little boys and I lose it. The abuse of office is OBSCENE!! ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE!! A lot of people laughed at Ross Perot a few years back, but he was on the right track. He wanted to break up the game, but couldn't pull it off. I know I sound like a nut job, but I don't see any other way to end the never-ending bullshit that is 21st century United States politics.

wormy
10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Worm,
When I hear someone say that they're an "Independant", it means to me that they are not attached to any one party. When I was referring to a 3rd party, I meant the rise of a 3rd party that is equal in power to the Dems and Republicans, basically making it a 3 horse race. Now of course it won't happen overnight, but I feel the time has come to smash the status quo in DC.

I know what you are talking about. I know about third parties

I have been a Republican all my voting life, mainly because Democrats love to give away $$ on bullshit programs mainly to people who don't want to get up and help their own cause.
You mean like social security, want to discuss the size of government and money spent since the Repub took control. Cause its a case of listen to what i say but not what i do

I am 41, have been unemployed EXACTLY 1 week since I got out of school, and recieved no help from anyone.
I have never received any help and have never been out odf a job and I am 49

Property taxes, income taxes, health insurance, car insurance are all spiraling up and out of control, and NO ONE does ANYTHING.
What do you expect during a Republican term. They are not for the working man. Remember welfare reform came under Clinton

Just because your party has been in office and in total control don't try to lump everyone else in with them. Right now your party sucks, its posts filled by good ole boys in that had connections but no expierance. I understand you wanting a third party. Your party has been defined by greed, stupidity and lack of direction. Think they can push everyone around and buy off all the countries. It is not working.

The Republican party is your party. Instead of abandoning it why don't you try to make it better. Work for the people and not corporations

Dave@PSE&G
10-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I know what you are talking about. I know about third parties

You mean like social security, want to discuss the size of government and money spent since the Repub took control. Cause its a case of listen to what i say but not what i do

I have never received any help and have never been out odf a job and I am 49

What do you expect during a Republican term. They are not for the working man. Remember welfare reform came under Clinton

Just because your party has been in office and in total control don't try to lump everyone else in with them. Right now your party sucks, its posts filled by good ole boys in that had connections but no expierance. I understand you wanting a third party. Your party has been defined by greed, stupidity and lack of direction. Think they can push everyone around and buy off all the countries. It is not working.

The Republican party is your party. Instead of abandoning it why don't you try to make it better. Work for the people and not corporations

Worm,
1st and foremost, I wasn't trying to imply that my plight was or is any harder than anyone else's. I was just trying to make a point. As for my "abandoning my party", it's too late; they abandonded me. It is obvious that the Republicans are all fucked up. I never thought things could get to this point, but I guess I was wrong.
The democrats are no better. Welfare reform? Please. The only thing that came under Clinton was wearing a blue dress. Al Gore? Retard. Kerry? (*insert flaw here____ ). Nancy Pelosi? Nut job. I don't want to start a pissing contest over which party has sold us out the worst. I just want to see some real leadership by real leaders in real time solving real problems. I'm tired of the mind-fuck that goes on during campaign season. I want my son to have a future in the greatest country in history. However, I fear that in the next few years, if things don't begin to change, the baby-boomers mass retirement is going to stress our economy to the breaking point, leading to anarchy. Doom and gloom? Perhaps. Impossible? Definitely not!!
Again, I haven't had it any harder than the average guy, I just don't want it to get harder for me, my family, or the rest of the country. Won't somebody step up?!

wormy
10-21-2006, 07:28 PM
The future for my kids scares me to death.

"little beaver"
10-22-2006, 10:10 AM
The future for my kids scares me to death.

What 'scares me to death' is the trouble we're in if people are 'whining and complaining' in this economy. At least in Canada and the US for sure, people have never in history had it SO GOOD. If you are ablebodied and can't prosper now you are just about hopeless.

Some of you guys must have been in the Army with me? The military was the worst place that I've ever experienced for mindless complaining although I worked in a lineroom in the seventies that was close to it (there to people never had it so good). As for me, I whistled and laughed my way through it treated it as 'comic relief' and got promoted to the next pay grade!!

Orgnizdlbr
10-22-2006, 03:45 PM
What 'scares me to death' is the trouble we're in if people are 'whining and complaining' in this economy. At least in Canada and the US for sure, people have never in history had it SO GOOD. If you are ablebodied and can't prosper now you are just about hopeless.

Really? Where d'ya buy those rose colored glasses? Do me a favor Beav, grab hold of your ears and pull hard so ya can get yer head from out of yer ass!

"little beaver"
10-22-2006, 04:07 PM
"Some of you guys must have been in the Army with me? The military was the worst place that I've ever experienced for mindless complaining although I worked in a lineroom in the seventies that was close to it (there to people never had it so good). As for me, I whistled and laughed my way through it treated it as 'comic relief' and got promoted to the next pay grade."

Thank you for your kind reply(sic); I found it predictable and quite amusing.
However, when you have to counter a point that you don't agree with a personal attack, it proves that your arguement is entirely without substance!!

Orgnizdlbr
10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
"Some of you guys must have been in the Army with me? The military was the worst place that I've ever experienced for mindless complaining although I worked in a lineroom in the seventies that was close to it (there to people never had it so good). As for me, I whistled and laughed my way through it treated it as 'comic relief' and got promoted to the next pay grade."

Thank you for your kind reply(sic); I found it predictable and quite amusing.
However, when you have to counter a point that you don't agree with a personal attack, it proves that your arguement is entirely without substance!!

Dare I say Beav, that I am no match for one so gifted, eloquent, and insightful as yourself. That is the reason for such a seminal attack on my part.

Your opinion is right on the mark, there are so many jobs here in the States that men and women work 2 and 3 of them....just to keep their heads above water.

Yes Beav, times are good....for the CEOs and such, do you read this forum? Go over to the Union forum and read about what Exelon and TXU and First Energy are doing to the industry and the worker. Open yer eyes, oh I'm sorry, have you pulled yer head from yer ass yet???

"little beaver"
10-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Why not stick to the isuues and have some fun and forget>>>>>>>>>(Open yer eyes, oh I'm sorry, have you pulled yer head from yer ass yet???).

In the late 50's, I was living on a hill farm with my folks, sisters and two bachelor Uncles. We were farming with a team of horses and if you had .10 for an ice cream your felt pretty good!! Things were pretty slow in 1958 my Dad hadn't worked (Linework) much that year. I never new my Dad (a WW II Inf Sgt) to talk 'doom and gloom', it was always good and going to get better!

It didn't look too good coming up to Christmas. Then there was a storm in New Hampshire and Dad went down on that came back paid the bills and I got a hooded sweat shirt and some secound hand skates for Christmas.

Kennedy got elected in 1960 and things started to pick up and by the time I started Line work in 1968; it was really good. It was good until about 1982-83, and by that time if you hadn't set yourself up then it was your problem for being stupid.

This 'labour shortage' economy is a 'mecca' for the working class. Although Unions have been beneficial , ultimately it is economics i.e. SUPPLY AND DEMAND that determine the prosperity for us wage earners. Unions govenment, politicians can't create wealth and therefore can only effect economies in a marginal fashion and usually negatively from interference.

What country in the world can a person come from a very 'modest means' to relative prosperty in a lifetime simply working as a wage
earner??............other than Canada or the US!!

NS Lineman
10-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Australia !!!!!!!

"little beaver"
10-23-2006, 10:14 AM
As Sgt-at-Arms of our local Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion, I extend my utmost apologies to our Aussie 'mates' who have stood with us on many a battlefield in defense of 'crown and country".

Trampbag
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
You’ll have to forgive Beaver for his “rose colored glasses” view of the world. He lives in an area where money is flowing like oil, because he lives where the oil actually flows. There are oil wells all over his area.

He got lucky in the early ‘80’s because he had enough seniority to save his job in a time when others in the trade were destitute because they lost houses and property when the interest rate went above 20%. In Canada, where beaver lives, even though the longest mortgage you could get at the time was 25 years it had to be refinanced every 5 years. Many people in Canada lost their home at the time because when they were forced to refinance their payments tripled or quadrupled over night. And beaver knows, or chooses to forget, that property, especially in his area in the eighties because oil crashed, was often worth 25% value of what it was 18 months before, leaving people unemployed with a property worth far less than the mortgage. Bankrupt!!

So beaver was able to take advantage of a collapsed property market, because he had enough seniority (protected by the union by the way) to keep a high paying job with lots of overtime. At the time, the area beaver lived in, and still lives, had an unemployment rate of around 30% and that was after the area had lost over 40% of it’s population.

Yup, beaver was able to do it all on his own.

By the way is it any wonder beaver, and those of similar thoughts, revere the right? It was Ronnie Reagan that raised those interest rates to create unemployment though lack of investment to defeat inflation. Well the opposite of inflation is deflation and that is exactly what happened to property values.

Where people like beaver prospered was by capitalising on others misfortune. Today the value of property is approximately 20 to 30 times what it was worth at the low in 1986. What about all those who became a casualty of Reaganomics? I guess they just didn’t set themselves up.

Just another prospective.

But that’s in the past, right??????????????

Liar or Moron????!!!!

Orgnizdlbr
10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Why not stick to the isuues and have some fun and forget>>>>>>>>>(Open yer eyes, oh I'm sorry, have you pulled yer head from yer ass yet???).

In the late 50's, I was living on a hill farm with my folks, sisters and two bachelor Uncles. We were farming with a team of horses and if you had .10 for an ice cream your felt pretty good!! Things were pretty slow in 1958 my Dad hadn't worked (Linework) much that year. I never new my Dad (a WW II Inf Sgt) to talk 'doom and gloom', it was always good and going to get better!

It didn't look too good coming up to Christmas. Then there was a storm in New Hampshire and Dad went down on that came back paid the bills and I got a hooded sweat shirt and some secound hand skates for Christmas.

Kennedy got elected in 1960 and things started to pick up and by the time I started Line work in 1968; it was really good. It was good until about 1982-83, and by that time if you hadn't set yourself up then it was your problem for being stupid.

This 'labour shortage' economy is a 'mecca' for the working class. Although Unions have been beneficial , ultimately it is economics i.e. SUPPLY AND DEMAND that determine the prosperity for us wage earners. Unions govenment, politicians can't create wealth and therefore can only effect economies in a marginal fashion and usually negatively from interference.

What country in the world can a person come from a very 'modest means' to relative prosperty in a lifetime simply working as a wage
earner??............other than Canada or the US!!

"Labor shortage" ...and just where is the labor shortage you speak of Beav? Is the shortage specific to your area? Please point me in the direction you speak of... The fact that you have ascended to a position of "relative prosperity" is admirable. The problem I have with your post, and those that post in a like manner, is that the post is repleat with the implied inference of "I got mine, you should have gotten yours too." Tell that to the single mother, widow, college grad, who cant find a job in the market that prevails today. Tell it to the person who has to work 2 or more jobs to keep their head above water. Is your arguement based on statistics supplied by the government?

You backhandedly cast aspersions on Unions and Politicians. Question: are you a member of a union? Were you ever a member of a union if you are not now?

Politicians in the states, namely the Bush administration, have impacted the workers rights vis a vis the NLRA and NLRB. Rights have been eroded in this country over the last 6 years that have been in place since the 30's. So when brothers and sisters 'whine and complain" they have a valid reason to do so. The world may be wonderful in your little microcosm, and in the microcosm of the linetrade in your world. But its not the same south of your border. Our trade is being dilliuted by unskilled workers, especially in the border states, who work for less than half a journeyman's wage. I hope that isnt headed for Canada. How will that affect the "Labour shortage"?

"little beaver"
10-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello TB, Welcome back and your absolutely right...in a lot of ways it's all about prospective....and that's my point exactly!!

"He got lucky in the early ‘80’s because he had enough seniority to save his job in a time when others in the trade were destitute because they lost houses and property when the interest rate went above 20%. In Canada, where beaver lives, even though the longest mortgage you could get at the time was 25 years it had to be refinanced every 5 years. Many people in Canada lost their home at the time because when they were forced to refinance their payments tripled or quadrupled over night. And beaver knows, or chooses to forget, that property, especially in his area in the eighties because oil crashed, was often worth 25% value of what it was 18 months before, leaving people unemployed with a property worth far less than the mortgage. Bankrupt!!"

First of all it wasn't senority per se that saved my job as you well know, it was the fact that I had choosen to live in an area that most people did not want to live in. I will admit (check my earlier post) that 'luck' played a part in the fact that I was virtually debt free when the crunch came.

" So beaver was able to take advantage of a collapsed property market, because he had enough seniority (protected by the union by the way) to keep a high paying job with lots of overtime. At the time, the area beaver lived in, and still lives, had an unemployment rate of around 30% and that was after the area had lost over 40% of it’s population."

If you remember correctly, working for Hydro was just an average job in this area in those days (in fact maybe less than average) and there wasn't "lots of overtime". What I was doing in those days was grain farming. While the 'others' were in the pub or playing etc I was in the field riding a tractor or combine or trucking grain to the elevators. I wasn't overly concerned about losing my job as farming was still paying good and I was already thinking about starting into the screw piling busness.

"By the way is it any wonder beaver, and those of similar thoughts, revere the right? It was Ronnie Reagan that raised those interest rates to create unemployment though lack of investment to defeat inflation. Well the opposite of inflation is deflation and that is exactly what happened to property values.

Where people like beaver prospered was by capitalising on others misfortune. Today the value of property is approximately 20 to 30 times what it was worth at the low in 1986. What about all those who became a casualty of Reaganomics? I guess they just didn’t set themselves up".

Did either of you ever play any sports? I played hockey and was the QB on my HS football team even though I was small even for those days. Life is like hockey or football. You have to 'go with what you got'. I don't concern myself with Exon or Regannomics what the 'Union' is doing or not doing. I don't bother wasting my time with things I have very little control over and can't effect anyways. If you have your head down in the neutral zone then your going to get hit and I expect the same!! In other words, play the game by the rules, take what comes to you and turn it to your advantage.

BTW OL, I always had at least two jobs until about two years ago!!

Trampbag
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
What beaver and others with a like thinking do is regard anyone who isn’t set up as lazy, shiftless and deadbeats. I’ve heard countless numbers of his ilk say that the homeless want to live like that, you can't do anything for them ‘cause they will just go back to the streets.

I think Vancouver is in beavers Province of BC. Vancouver is hosting the 2010 winter Olympics. Vancouver has a huge homeless problem and it will get catastrophic as 2010 approaches. I just checked the Vancouver Province paper on the net and found that there are protests going on about the hotels, the places where low income people can reside because cost (or rather because of low cost but seedy), are closing down to renovate for the 2 week party in 2010. This is pushing more and more low income people out onto the streets. There is no replacement dwelling for these people so they will be sleeping in the alleys of the city. The homeless shelters, according to the Vancouver newspapers, have long ago reached over capacity. This problem will exacerbate as 2010 approaches.

I know Vancouver, Canada is not the only place where there is homeless, it is a large problem in the western world, but attitudes like beavers “I got mine and anyone who doesn’t is a lazy shiftless bastard” never sits well with me.

I make a good living and have been fortunate in life, but I sure don’t try to flaunt it.I know how fast it can disappear. I’m non-partisan in my politics although I tend to be right of center. I don’t like large amounts of socialism but realise few places exist without socialism, and those are the places I don’t want to live. Brazil is one that springs to mind.

One thing I do know as well, Little Beaver and humility or compassion are not synonymous. And yes, Orgnizdlbr, beaver was in an IBEW Local union. He said,

“I put 30 yrs in for BC Hydro. BCH has a very good pension that takes care of myself and the wife with medical etc for as long as we live.”

See Lineman Shortage in this forum.

BC Hydro linemen are represented by Local 258 IBEW according to a Google search (BC Hydro + IBEW)

http://www.ibew258.bc.ca/home.html

Beaver, you really need to try and get your your story straight. There is a record on this site of all you say. While working for a utility, like BC Hydro, did you never get callouts?? Isn't that OT??

I stated once before, a lot of my freinds were hurt really badly in BC in the '80's.

Liar or moron???

Trampbag
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I just got hold of a friend who lived in central BC and worked with BC Hydro during the early ‘80’s. He told me that layoffs were strictly by seniority at BC Hydro and bumping was strictly controlled by Local 258. BC Hydro paid moves of the bumpers. So much for beavers’ lies! If you want me to publish the arbitrated award, Beaver, I’ll do so. It wasn’t all that hard to locate. January 1983 after the first layoffs and bumps, system wide, in November 1982?

Beaver you are in Canada. This thread was about the up and coming elections in the US. Why not start a tread about “my selfish ass” or something. Better yet I like your deer hunting thread. I’ll never jump your ass there as long as you stay on topic.

But every time you jump in with your “ I walked through 6 feet of snow to school which was 5 miles away, uphill both ways, but I made a great success of myself cause I’m a selfish, lying bastard!!” I’ll jump all over you.

Now can we agree to not agree and release this hijacked thread??

Orgnizdlbr
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Did either of you ever play any sports? I played hockey and was the QB on my HS football team even though I was small even for those days. Life is like hockey or football. You have to 'go with what you got'. I don't concern myself with Exon or Regannomics what the 'Union' is doing or not doing. I don't bother wasting my time with things I have very little control over and can't effect anyways. If you have your head down in the neutral zone then your going to get hit and I expect the same!! In other words, play the game by the rules, take what comes to you and turn it to your advantage.

You have clarified your position, thank you! It is as I thought, you dont concern yourself with "what the Union is or isnt doing"....you are the Union pal. But you are one of those members who only concerns himself with whats in it for him. " I got mine you shoulda got yours" fits.

Yes I played football in HS...Linebacker, I love quarterbacks!

"little beaver"
10-23-2006, 11:03 PM
TB, you were doing good until you started to lose the game and then you had to cheat and call names. I thought you had some class, but you fell apart under pressure.

Rule#1: Don't try to change the topic (homelessness) when you can't counter the arguement. Just let it go.

Rule#2: Don't misquote or take things out of context. It just reflects a desperation and a lack of class. I never said, “I got mine and anyone who doesn’t is a lazy shiftless bastard” . I can only attribute the above to a "Freudian slip" on your part.

Rule#3: Don't make ridiculous threats on the internet i.e. "I'll jump all over you" AS my kids would say it makes you like like a 'freaker' or something??

Your source on the senority issue is confused as to the turn of events. It was actually the Union that changed the rules from 'classification' to 'company' senority. I was way up the list on classification and then it went the other way. However, I didn't concern myself with it either way, as again, it's something I had no control over. $$ wise I probably would have been far ahead to get laid off as it turned out there was more opportunty over the next ten years on the outside than with Hydro.
However, I loved my job with Hydro and in those days with the company and the Union rambling around like a pair of idiots, there were laughs nearly every day.

OL, yea football is a great sport. I prefer it to Hockey as it is more 'strategic'. It suits my mindset more than Hockey. I was actually playing 8 man and even then at 5'8'' and 150lbs I had to really protect myself. I never did get a good hit laid on me in hockey, but I got a couple of tough ones in football as there is no way to avoid them......sort of like life!!

BTW: I was Shop Steward at different times in the IBEW. In the early years with the contractors and the last few years with BC Hydro. Whenever there was a difficult management type to deal with it seemed the job came my way. OL I respect your style...just state your opinion and forget the BS. Got to let this topic go for now; catch you on the next one!!

"little beaver"
10-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey OL, I don't how long you've been around, but did you ever hear of a QB by the name of Frank Mazanic, I believe he played in Hoboken (probably around 1966) or close to there? I tried out for a University team and he was there on a scholarship. He was really nice to me even though my plight was pretty much hopeless. You'll remember his roomies name, Carl DECAVALCANTE. His Dad was Sam 'the Plumber'. That'll probably ring a bell!!

Trampbag
10-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Everyone who comes here brings a little joy.

Some when they come in. Others when they leave.

I think everyone on this thread is pretty clear which pertains to you, Beaver.

Actually Snake might be a better handle. Your tongue seems to be split. As in forked.

Yup, you're forked.

Orgnizdlbr
10-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Hey OL, I don't how long you've been around, but did you ever hear of a QB by the name of Frank Mazanic, I believe he played in Hoboken (probably around 1966) or close to there? I tried out for a University team and he was there on a scholarship. He was really nice to me even though my plight was pretty much hopeless. You'll remember his roomies name, Carl DECAVALCANTE. His Dad was Sam 'the Plumber'. That'll probably ring a bell!!

Yes, I remember Sam the "Plumber" ....I dont remember Mazanic....

Trampbag
10-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Well Swamprat, Snake (beaver) reminds me of a song, “You’ve gotta stand for something or you’ll fall for anything.”

And he’s a liar. :rolleyes:

I don’t care where he’s from.

When you live out of a suitcase it’s always packed. Thanks Swamp. :)