PDA

View Full Version : Still puzzled.

dbrown20
10-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, I'm still puzzled over the gloving of 4 KV from the pole. We just recently pasted into our safety book an addition that forbids gloving of anything over 1000 volts without the use of an insulated platform or insulated aerial device. Now I only know this for fact with Pub. Serv. Co. of Ok. I haven't talked with any other of the former CSW op cos. about this. What the hell?

I spoke with an acquaintance of this and he said he mentioned it to some AEP people he ran into. He said. "Well how do you guys like no longer being able to glove 4 KV from the pole?" The other chap replied. "What the hell are you talking about?" "We still glove it all the time from the pole." This fellow from outside the former CSW said. How do you guys like working primary off Baker Boards?" My friend said. "Hell we don't even have a Baker Board." The other chap said. "How do you work it then, don't you have easements?" My friend said. "We either stick it or kill it out." This was in reference to voltages over 4 KV and not referring to our new 4 KV rule. It seems the people outside Pub. Serv. Co. of Ok. may be gloving higher voltages from Baker Boards. Now I don't know how many of you have gloved from Hot Boards but I find them mostly a one man device in many instances.

Do any of you AEP people outside Oklahoma know what in Hell is going on concerning this subject. Would be interested in hearing the views of some of the working hands and not some little boss. dbrown20 Hi Bill.

buckethand56
10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
From what I understand osha is the one that no longer allows us to work primary off of hooks, hell, I used to work 34.5 off hooks. They raise cain if we try to work 7.2 or 14.4 off hooks now.
When I started 32 yrs ago thats the only way to work primary, we had 1 bucket for 4 crews.

wudwlkr
11-01-2006, 08:06 AM
OSHA has absolutly no rules about what voltages can or can not be worked off a pole.