PDA

View Full Version : Another contact

PSE Lineman
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Today around 2 pm pacific time a Potelco lineman working for Puget Sound Energy made contact with 7200. He is on his way to Harborview Medical Center as I type. When they put him in the ambulance he had a pulse and was being given rescue breaths. They took him to the nearest hospital and then transferred him to Harborview by med flight. Initial reports had him on the ground holding some winged out wire being wrecked out when it got hung up and it made contact and tripped the circuit that was on non reclose with "type C tripping mode" cut in. Burns to his hands and feet.

Trampbag
10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
God be with him and his family.

PSE Lineman
10-25-2006, 01:13 AM
10:30 pm pacific time: The lineman that made contact today is now in an induced coma to reduce stress and to be able to treat him better.

lewisgwen2
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
I hope all goes well god bless all

Orgnizdlbr
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Man I hate to hear this stuff....Prayers for a brother.

thrasher
10-25-2006, 11:27 AM
The man and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Lnemn's Mom
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the lineman and his family.

edski104
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
hopes and prayers to him and his family. :(

Hurricane Harry
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Just got done with our safety meeting. A reliable source of this accident said he had entrance wounds on hands and exit wounds on buttocks and feet. He is still in a coma that apperiently was not induced. There is still some burning inside, but they can"t operate untill he wakes up.

mscheuerer
10-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Very Sad to Hear...My thoughts and prayers are with him as well...Does anyone know how this is being handled as of yet?

Please keep us up to date.

tramp67
11-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Any more news on how our brother is doing? :confused:

Tshooter
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Our prayers are with his family and with him! Safety first is all we can say to each othe in times like these.He will be prayed for by all.

NJ glove
11-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Man that sucks. Its my worst fear to be in a situation like that. The one's that suffer alot are the families. Everyone we have to take this serious. Most companies give you all the ppe you need to do the job. Don't know how it happened or why, but it sounds to me like he should have had rubber gloves and boots on. Always play it hot that what i was told no matter what. This is a great and rewarding job we have. but we have to come home the way we left. Think of how your families would react to news like this if it were you. That alone makes me think twice about what I'm doing.

God bless the injured lineman and his family and remember ultimately you are responsible for your safety.

lewisgwen2
11-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Man that sucks. Its my worst fear to be in a situation like that. The one's that suffer alot are the families. Everyone we have to take this serious. Most companies give you all the ppe you need to do the job. Don't know how it happened or why, but it sounds to me like he should have had rubber gloves and boots on. Always play it hot that what i was told no matter what. This is a great and rewarding job we have. but we have to come home the way we left. Think of how your families would react to news like this if it were you. That alone makes me think twice about what I'm doing.

God bless the injured lineman and his family and remember ultimately you are responsible for your safety.
My son was on dead lines and the person who turned the line on him has stood up and took account and who every he is i feel for him like he felt for my family but most of all the 3 little girls who lost they're daddy. but he was my baby and I miss him every day. God bless all the lineman out there still doing they're job just no trust no ONE. god bless and all stay safe go home to your family and each and every day tell them you love them.

Budda
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM
My prayers go out his family, Please keep us informed on his situation

woody
11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Lineman regained consciousness...yesterday!!!! Not out of the woods....but good news. woody

BigClive
11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
That's great news. Hope the burn damage to his body isn't too bad.

tramp67
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Glad to hear he is improving. My best wishes, it will be a long, hard road ahead. I hope he gets the support from friends, coworkers, and family he needs.