PDA

View Full Version : Dog go boom!

BigClive
10-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Ever knelt down at an electrical pillar and momentarilly contemplated just how many dogs have pee'd where you're kneeling?

This non dog-lover friendly newspaper snippet shows a pylons revenge.

I'm still trying to get my head round the actual fault that caused this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006490101,00.html

Trampbag
10-25-2006, 06:49 PM
WOW, Bow wow was on fire. :eek:

BigClive
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
No picture, so you'll be spared that aspect. It mentions that a guy was taking his dog for a walk and it peed on a pylon. He reported an enormous bang and when he turned round the dog was on fire. The owner was treated for burns.

Not your everyday occurence I shouldn't think.

But having said that, there are a shocking number of posts and pillars around the world with potentially fatal potentials on their ground level metalwork.

Trampbag
10-26-2006, 07:08 PM
About 8 years ago a person was cooked by “high voltage” while sitting waiting for a trolley in San Diego. I remember reading the report in the Tribune that reported it being 12kV, not 750 DC which the trolley operates on. SDG&E of course denied it was theirs. I can’t remember what the exact outcome was but you can bet the unfortunate and innocent person’s survivors got squat as compensation.

Similarly, around August 2003 in Los Vegas, a heavy rain storm pounded the city for 20 minutes or so at about 8:00 PM. During the storm a primary conductor fell somewhere and a person trying to cross the street stepped into the river of water flowing at the curb and was instantly killed. This happened right off the strip a little north of the Harley Davidson Café where we were weathering the storm, if my memory serves me correctly. I wouldn’t imagine the survivors of the person got much either.

I would guess that many on this site have similar stories.