PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day 2006

linemanfrog
11-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Please be sure to express your gratitude to the Veterans of our great country this year on Veterans Day. Without them our country would not be what it is today. Although some people have disagreed with the wars veterans have fought in, please don't let this prevent you from honoring America's heros. Many people forget those valiant men and women from WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Somalia, Haiti, and all the other small wars that didnt make the history books. Lets all make an effort to not forget this year. If you are a veteran let us know who you are so that we may thank you.

Ray
USMC 1993-1997

Budda
11-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Ray, What you said was well deserved. Myself I have 3 tours in Bosnia and would like to head down to Kandahar. There is alot of Vets out there that no one reconizes or even cares about, if it wasn'tfor them these poeple. They would not have the freedom they have to day. However with that said as being a soldier, I have the right to fly my flag, I have the right to serve my flag and when my time is up to be drapped under my flag, I earned that right.

Ron
Line dawg /Wire dawg

"little beaver"
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey Budda, what deployments were you on and who were you with?

Budda
11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I was Deployed with Stabilization Force, NATO Headquarters in Bosnia 2001 as the Design Engineer for Signals. Then Back again in 2003 as the Line Chief working for NATO Headquarters, and then back again in 2005 working for European Community in Sarajevo. So I guess a total of 20 months in theatre.

"little beaver"
11-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Budda those were some pretty cool taskings that you were on! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous. You can really say that 'you've been there done that'. I admire you for taking the time and making the sacrifice. Have a good Remebrance Day!

lineman641
11-11-2006, 09:15 AM
To all the veterans and their familys........thank you!! http://www.clermontyellow.accountsupport.com/flash/UntilThen.swf

NoName
11-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I guess no matter what the ties two people together, alcohol and guns do not mix well together.

I know that from first hand experience also. Nothing mixes well with bullets. Two men on the same side divided by a few hours of drinking that will change them forever.

Hope the hurt man will be able to forgive the other. Guns seem to bring out the worst in all men especially when mixed with booze.

LostArt
11-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh man. Sorry to hear that Steve. And I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I like that pic Swamp. You did a good job on that.

Well, I spent Veteran's Day at UF. The boss and I wore our Florida t-shirts. He wore his Gator cap and I wore my red, white and blue visor. I noticed that there were many wearing some form of red white and blue with their orange and blue. I'm glad to know that many still remember.....no matter what function activity they may be at.