PDA

View Full Version : "Offended"

topgroove
11-22-2006, 05:32 AM
I find all the overweight women you see at walmart wearing spandex extreamly offensive. Also the young drivers with the boom boxes that you hear three blocks away thumping down the street.Ather than that, not much bothers me.

LostArt
11-22-2006, 09:48 AM
LOL! Oh man..........Swamp, you are ONE OF A KIND and that can get most feathers ruffled around here. But, I personally like to hear what most folks think or their opinions. I might not AGREE with them, but I will take the discussion for ..........well, for just that.......Your opinion and then there is MINE. :D

But, when talking about a person's character, I think most folks will be offended. However, sometimes it just depends on who is doing the offending. Now if it's the Boss, and he has done some offensive stuff, I can do some "counter attacks" of my own! LOL!

I find all the overweight women you see at walmart wearing spandex extreamly offensive. Also the young drivers with the boom boxes that you hear three blocks away thumping down the street.Ather than that, not much bothers me.

LMAO! This pic is for you Groove! :D

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/eu_and_usa.jpg

topgroove
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
LMAO Good Picture LA.

loodvig
11-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey! she's hot!

LostArt
11-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Hehehe.........Swamp's gonna kill me! LOL! I think there are some things that might just be physically offensive..........to some folks, you understand. NTTIAWWT pic on the right, but if it hits home for some of you, then I am deeply sorry. Uh.........very apologetic. **cough, cough** Really, I mean it.

Uh........maybe I just might need to tip toe myself right out of this thread! EGADS!!!

BigClive
11-22-2006, 05:52 PM
So which one is you LA? ;)

Only one thing offends me. F*cking pen pushers who meddle with my trade.

Orgnizdlbr
11-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Swamp, I am offended that you perceive that I am offended.http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon12.gif

LostArt
11-22-2006, 08:44 PM
So which one is you LA? ;)

LMAO! I'll leave that one to YOUR imagination Clive! And much to everyone else's too! There are only a few here that have seen my picture. ;)

otpig2
11-22-2006, 10:58 PM
LA
You must be the one onthe left
(It's a Jeep Thing) :D or not

TRAMPLINEMAN
11-23-2006, 12:08 AM
"offended"

What a piece of shit word.

How come Black people can use the N word to anybody they want?
Let a White guy say the N word, and ...."Everybody's Offended". It's a fuckin joke. White people invented the N word. :-)

I'm fuckin OFFENDED by all the ASSHOLES that are so insecure in their belief or opinion or race, or religion.... that they are offended. FUCK YOU!!

You people who are "Offended"...go fuck yourself.

If it offends you....Tough shit. Sorry. Is that a good enough apology? :-)

AMEN!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

LINETRASH
11-24-2006, 10:59 AM
I aint real fond of tv preacers.

Blownfuse
11-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I was in McDonalds the other with my 5 year old son when a 18 year old came thru the door wearing a t-shirt with F*** YOU and the Horse you rode in on................ Uh Yea this offends me............Public Shirts like this should'nt be allowed !!! :mad:

LostArt
11-24-2006, 07:24 PM
LA
You must be the one on the left
(It's a Jeep Thing) :D or not

:D Well, let's just say I don't show my under garments OT. Although, I have worn hip huggers in my early years (way...way EARLY YEARS!!), I don't wear them anymore....uh...duh. I like my jeans up around my waist in public.....THANK YOU!!!

Oh.....and btw, Mr. Batts has never offended "me"............*cough*.....that I am aware of. Have you talked about me lately Steve and I've missed your raw edged sword?

Of course I am INSTIGATING!!! I've learned this from you guys! :p

BigClive
11-24-2006, 08:22 PM
I was in McDonalds the other with my 5 year old son when a 18 year old came thru the door wearing a t-shirt with F*** YOU and the Horse you rode in on................ Uh Yea this offends me............Public Shirts like this should'nt be allowed !!! :mad:

Not half as offensive as a shirt I saw being worn in Glasgow city centre which said "Jesus is a c*nt." in HUGE lettering that covered the entire back of the shirt. I wasn't offended, but I guess the bible thumpers were.

LostArt
11-25-2006, 10:03 PM
"Respect" There's a Politically correct word that's been LOST.

Ain't THAT the truth!!!!

Dave@PSE&G
11-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I am not easily offended, but I am offended by the ACLU. It seams as though every time you open the paper, there is a story about a lawsuit that the ACLU is behind. 9 times out of 10, it is a backwards-ass ridiculous suit, lowering the bar of standards for this country. Are people legally allowed to wear a shirt that screams "FUCK YOU! on it? Yes, they are. Is it in good taste, and should they wear it? No. But the ACLU would sue the nuns who run the Catholic school that kicked out the kid for wearing that shirt. Years ago, it seamed like the ACLU would pick and choose the "good fight". Not anymore. The glut of lawyers in this country have made law a free-for-all. I'm sure the ACLU would have no problem if a teenager, if he posseses the proper paperwork, brought a gun to school. Not to shoot the place up, but just to do it. They take the laws and twist them to suit a particular instance. That, my friends, offends me. What, Jose can't take a drivers test because he can't read english? Ok, sue to make a spanish version of the test. In school, kids can curse out their teachers, but they can't pray to God out loud. "God" must be removed from the pledge of allegiance because athiests don't like it? What the fuck??I'm getting angry, so I'll stop now. That, my friends, offends me. -- Dave

Orgnizdlbr
11-26-2006, 11:28 AM
I am not easily offended, but I am offended by the ACLU. It seams as though every time you open the paper, there is a story about a lawsuit that the ACLU is behind. 9 times out of 10, it is a backwards-ass ridiculous suit, lowering the bar of standards for this country. Are people legally allowed to wear a shirt that screams "FUCK YOU! on it? Yes, they are. Is it in good taste, and should they wear it? No. But the ACLU would sue the nuns who run the Catholic school that kicked out the kid for wearing that shirt. Years ago, it seamed like the ACLU would pick and choose the "good fight". Not anymore. The glut of lawyers in this country have made law a free-for-all. I'm sure the ACLU would have no problem if a teenager, if he posseses the proper paperwork, brought a gun to school. Not to shoot the place up, but just to do it. They take the laws and twist them to suit a particular instance. That, my friends, offends me. What, Jose can't take a drivers test because he can't read english? Ok, sue to make a spanish version of the test. In school, kids can curse out their teachers, but they can't pray to God out loud. "God" must be removed from the pledge of allegiance because athiests don't like it? What the fuck??I'm getting angry, so I'll stop now. That, my friends, offends me. -- Dave

Dave,
interesting post. I am no fan of the ACLU, conversly, I am no fan of "Right Wing" courts or justices either. You are a working man, you happen to be from the same state as I, you work for the largest Public Utility in the state, I work for the second largest. Some of the decissions coming out of the courts today affect you and I directly. Recently the "Kentucky River" decission by the NLRB in responce to an opinion by Justice Scalia says you and I, depending on your position, may not have the right to join or be a member of a Union. That, I find, is offensive. The fact that President has appointed over 250 Federal Circuit court justices with like mind and views should be of concern to you as a working man. I know you and I dont agree politically, I certainly can see some issues from your perspective. You are obviously someone with a rational thought process, all I ask is you look into some of the decissions made by the courts lately and see how the decissions directly affect you as a working man.

BTW, I have absolutely no problem with the words "under God" in the pledge of allegiance. That being said, those words were not always there....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance#History

Dave@PSE&G
11-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Dave,
interesting post. I am no fan of the ACLU, conversly, I am no fan of "Right Wing" courts or justices either. You are a working man, you happen to be from the same state as I, you work for the largest Public Utility in the state, I work for the second largest. Some of the decissions coming out of the courts today affect you and I directly. Recently the "Kentucky River" decission by the NLRB in responce to an opinion by Justice Scalia says you and I, depending on your position, may not have the right to join or be a member of a Union. That, I find, is offensive. The fact that President has appointed over 250 Federal Circuit court justices with like mind and views should be of concern to you as a working man. I know you and I dont agree politically, I certainly can see some issues from your perspective. You are obviously someone with a rational thought process, all I ask is you look into some of the decissions made by the courts lately and see how the decissions directly affect you as a working man.

BTW, I have absolutely no problem with the words "under God" in the pledge of allegiance. That being said, those words were not always there....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance#History

OL,
Thanks for the education. I was not aware of the pledge's history. I feel stupid never researching it. Also, let me be clear about my original post. I am not offended by the ACLU as a body. It is the trivialization of the Constitution that bothers me. That purpose of that document is being reduced to meaningless when the ACLU defends an idiot's right to scream "fire" in a crowded theater, or burning a flag to incite a crowd. It seems to me that as a society we used to conduct ourselves in a manner that was respectful of our neighbor. Now it seems as if it has become a case of "let me piss off my neighbor, because I can". And when the ACLU steps up to support this attitude, I get crazy.
Touching your other concern, I think the appointment of conservative justices by the Bush administration is part of a cycle, as was expected. With total GOP control of all the branches of government for the last 6 years, I am not surprised by the conservative judicial appointments. The House and Senate belong to the left now, so this cycle will undoubtedly cease. If a democratic president takes office in '08, the pendulum will swing the other way. As for the Kentucky River case, I did read up on this(and again before this post) but I don't see a connection to what we do. I assume you work for JCP&L, and I don't know how things are done there. At PS, there is a definitive line between supervisory positions and non supervisory positions. The KR decisions would affect situations where "supervisory" positions and "non-supervisory" positions co-exist in a gray area. If I'm wrong, please correct me. When I first read about the issue last summer, I didn't sense any urgency with it. Interfering with organizing efforts does concern me, however. I haven't seen an actual verdict. Has the case been finalized?

Dave@PSE&G
11-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Outstanding Link Labor. An outstanding, informative read.

Being an agnostic, I'm not "offended" by the reference to god in the pledge or on our money. Some people are. Somebody's always gonna be offended. :-)

I believe there is a "god", Supreme being....

I also don't believe "god and politics" mix. Especially when politicians start "professing" "God is on our side".

That shit's wrong. God don't choose sides. Hell, he ain't even payin attention...
Swamp,
Sorry buddy, but I disagree with you here. I think God's definitely paying attention. A lot of people are gonna have some explaining to do. ;)

BigClive
11-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Swamp,
Sorry buddy, but I disagree with you here. I think God's definitely paying attention. A lot of people are gonna have some explaining to do. ;)

That's already being used as an easy cop-out by politicians.

To quote Tony Blair... "God will judge me for Iraq."

Or to translate. I've comitted genocide, but it's OK 'cos I'm going to be punished once I'm dead.

He also used faux Cristianity to buy up the votes of gullible bible thumpers when he first appeared.

Religion IS politics, but preying on peoples fear of death to force them to comply.

Orgnizdlbr
11-27-2006, 06:35 AM
OL,
Thanks for the education. I was not aware of the pledge's history. I feel stupid never researching it. Also, let me be clear about my original post. I am not offended by the ACLU as a body. It is the trivialization of the Constitution that bothers me. That purpose of that document is being reduced to meaningless when the ACLU defends an idiot's right to scream "fire" in a crowded theater, or burning a flag to incite a crowd. It seems to me that as a society we used to conduct ourselves in a manner that was respectful of our neighbor. Now it seems as if it has become a case of "let me piss off my neighbor, because I can". And when the ACLU steps up to support this attitude, I get crazy.
Touching your other concern, I think the appointment of conservative justices by the Bush administration is part of a cycle, as was expected. With total GOP control of all the branches of government for the last 6 years, I am not surprised by the conservative judicial appointments. The House and Senate belong to the left now, so this cycle will undoubtedly cease. If a democratic president takes office in '08, the pendulum will swing the other way. As for the Kentucky River case, I did read up on this(and again before this post) but I don't see a connection to what we do. I assume you work for JCP&L, and I don't know how things are done there. At PS, there is a definitive line between supervisory positions and non supervisory positions. The KR decisions would affect situations where "supervisory" positions and "non-supervisory" positions co-exist in a gray area. If I'm wrong, please correct me. When I first read about the issue last summer, I didn't sense any urgency with it. Interfering with organizing efforts does concern me, however. I haven't seen an actual verdict. Has the case been finalized?

Dave,
the "Kentucky River" final decission came from the NLRB in October. It, as yet, is to be determined whether or not the definition of supervisor means what it meant before the decission. The ruling says that if you give any instruction, you are a "supervisor", example, a chief lineman running a crew, a journeyman instructing an apprentice. It is already in the courts, an IBEW LU in Ohio is fighting a case exactly like this.....

You are correct, I work for JCP&L, the bargaining unit is clearly defined in the recognition clause of the CBA, but if the NLRB changes what the definition of a supervisor is, it may trump the CBA.

I too hold the Constitution in high regard, the fact is that the 1st amendment does not protect ones right to yell fire in a crowded movie theatre. The rights enumerated in the the Constitution are and have been interepreted differently since Madison V. Marbury. And will continue to be.....

Dave@PSE&G
11-27-2006, 11:01 AM
That's already being used as an easy cop-out by politicians.

To quote Tony Blair... "God will judge me for Iraq."

Or to translate. I've comitted genocide, but it's OK 'cos I'm going to be punished once I'm dead.

He also used faux Cristianity to buy up the votes of gullible bible thumpers when he first appeared.

Religion IS politics, but preying on peoples fear of death to force them to comply.
Clive (and everyone else), it's a joke. I'm only kidding. It is a play on words about the politicians. Sorry for the confusion.

Orgnizdlbr
12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Speaking of being offended... The Gospel is offending as we speak. http://www.aclj.org/news/Read.aspx?ID=2476

CHICAGO (AP) -
A public Christmas festival is no place for the Christmas story, the city says. Officials have asked organizers of a downtown Christmas festival, the German Christkindlmarket, to reconsider using a movie studio as a sponsor because it is worried ads for its film "The Nativity Story" might offend non-Christians.

(http://www.aclj.org/news/Read.aspx?ID=2476)

Sit down CP, I dont want you to faint....I agree. I find the conduct of the City of Chicago to be Highly Offensive. Frankly it is absurd!

Orgnizdlbr
12-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Swamp, apparently you are offened by the word"offended."http://ww3.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Displays of the Nativity, the Menorah, or whatever on any City, State, or Federal property has in the last decade or so become a rallying point for those in the "far left" who frankly have nothing better to do. In your words, yeah that "pisses me off."

dirtdobber
12-09-2006, 05:53 PM
being a lineman and comming up thruogh the ranks.(SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS) if you were offended by some words you were rased a little more about the same thing.so I have learned not to wear my feelings on my sleeve. the way we were raised aint the way it is anymore. Im here give me a paycheck!!!!!:confused:

CenterPointEX
08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
No...People being "offended". THAT's absurd...
I'm not offended. I've Never been offended. I've got more Personal self worth and conviction than pathetic people who are "offended".
"Offended" is just the new Politically correct word for....."that pisses me off".
.. Is that so Swamp?