PDA

View Full Version : College Football: A Turd in the Punch Bowl?

LostArt
12-02-2006, 10:02 PM
:D I know, but THAT is what the Boss calls it! Only an avid college football fan would know what I mean. It's happened before, and I'm sure it will happen again!

I'm sure Michigan will play Ohio State. But, after the turn of events with USC and UCLA, that's when it started rolling. Then when the Boss and I "struggled with crossed fingers"----once again, that's all the commentators could talk about. We laughed at how they were making fun of Arkansas and they didn't just pick on them! They took turns poking fun at Florida too! Oh man.....it was a topsy turvy game. "OH MY" (as Hubert says) "what a game!" That's college football though! And oh how I love it!! :D

So, when it comes down to some top teams losing at the end of the season, then that is when "the turd gets thrown into the punch bowl" I guess Florida is one. Not that Florida could win against Ohio State, but......since it is college football............ya never know! :D All week I heard folks saying there was no way UCLA could win against USC. I also heard (and I had my doubts) about Florida might lose their SEC game.

So, where do the chips fall? Where does the line up fall for the National Championship or should be placed in your opinion? Any thoughts or opinions guys?

LostArt
12-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Here is a link for those that are college football fans:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2684392

And another....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2684345

Now I'm just left to wonder. Last night I was sure it would be Michigan. I had began thinking of another simular time...... in '96 it was Florida that was playing FSU in the Sugar Bowl for the National Title. Those were two teams that had already played each other also.

And BTW, where are the college football fans at??? I thought some of you liked watching?

loodvig
12-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Yawn! It just seems that they have a bowl named after everything now a days. Pretty soon almost all the teams will have a 'bowl' to go to.

NJlineman55
12-03-2006, 10:07 AM
If you lose your division you should not be able to play in the national championship, bottom line. I am impartail as well since I am not a fan of either team. Oh yeah Florida hardest schedule iin college football. I cant see how anyone can justify Michigan in the championship game. The NCAA should make a rule that if you dont win your division you cant play in the national championship.

LostArt
12-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Yawn! It just seems that they have a bowl named after everything now a days. Pretty soon almost all the teams will have a 'bowl' to go to.

LOL! I know what you mean Loo. So, you basically don't give a turd which or what team is going where???? :p

If you lose your division you should not be able to play in the national championship, bottom line. I am impartail as well since I am not a fan of either team. Oh yeah Florida hardest schedule iin college football. I cant see how anyone can justify Michigan in the championship game. The NCAA should make a rule that if you dont win your division you cant play in the national championship.

Well, I'm a Gator fan, and of course we would at least like to have a shot at Ohio since Michigan had their chance. Well, all because USC couldn't pull a win, there is controversy. So, every year that this happens, there will always be some kind of issue with it. But, since Florida did pull off the SEC championship, they would have a chance.

I understand that it will be announced tonight at 8pm. I guess we will all find out then. But, boy howdy......is it ever talked about today on ESPN! :D I think the Boss just liked that it gave the BCS something to think about..........if they are even considering it. **shrugs her shoulders**

LostArt
12-03-2006, 02:27 PM
The coaches poll is out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Florida is #2

Like I say, it's interesting to know where we go from here. Does BCS have no choice but to let Florida play Ohio?

Whether it happens or not, when the chips fall like this, is there another solution?

From what I gather listening to this today is that a team that wins their national conference should be able to play in the National Championship. Agree or not?

LostArt
12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Well, the news is in:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6234416?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8901

All I know is.... Florida has alot of work to do if they expect to beat Ohio State. Alot of work.....

JD426H
12-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Late October....early November,1956- A Trojan goes bust. Nine months later I popped into the world :)

Late November......early December,2006- Trojans go bust. Gators land in college football superbowl !

Moral of the story.....Sometimes ya just gotta count your blessings!

I predict Gators by 3 ;)

scammy
12-03-2006, 11:11 PM
those cornbread fed boys are gonna whoop them gators,,,,,no problem,,,,,have fun be carefull,,,scammy

dungnfam
12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Well Florida is in. Should have been Michigan though. If #2 USC hadn't lost to UCLA on Saturday would #4 Florida have jumped to #3 over Michigan or would Michigan and Florida have remained #3 and #4 respectively? I don't think so. Florida's coach did a lot of whining and crying all week leading up to the game about how they should be considered for the national championship game if USC lost. He probably had a big bonus written into his contract if they win the national championship.

Another similar but different subject: Does anyone else remember when all the big bowl games were played on new years day? This stopped about 8 years ago. Now the games are played through the first week of january. I can see not playing on new years day if it falls on a sunday because of the NFL. Too much money involved in these games being televised. Who wants to watch games involving something like Ohio University vs Montana State playing in Georgia infront of 5000 people in a 60000 capacity stadium? Televise the important games and play them on New Years Day so I can watch great football for 12 straight hours!

scammy
12-04-2006, 11:33 PM
yea fla. is in ,,,,,,,,,for the whoopin of their lives

LostArt
12-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Well Florida is in. Should have been Michigan though. If #2 USC hadn't lost to UCLA on Saturday would #4 Florida have jumped to #3 over Michigan or would Michigan and Florida have remained #3 and #4 respectively? I don't think so. Florida's coach did a lot of whining and crying all week leading up to the game about how they should be considered for the national championship game if USC lost. He probably had a big bonus written into his contract if they win the national championship.

He he he. And I thought everyone hated Stevie. Go figure. Sorry Stevie, looks like Meyer might get some attention. Heh. Well known fact.........you either like the Gators or you are a Gator Hater.

Another similar but different subject: Does anyone else remember when all the big bowl games were played on new years day? This stopped about 8 years ago. Now the games are played through the first week of january. I can see not playing on new years day if it falls on a sunday because of the NFL. Too much money involved in these games being televised. Who wants to watch games involving something like Ohio University vs Montana State playing in Georgia infront of 5000 people in a 60000 capacity stadium? Televise the important games and play them on New Years Day so I can watch great football for 12 straight hours!

Twelve hours? Whoa. That would be nice. I kinda get in the dumps after college football. I hate it when it ends. It's like taking your last ride on the rollercoaster..... I watch every college bowl game....only to have it end so quickly. Nothing really perks me up until springtime.

I predict Gators by 3 ;)

WOW. Only 3? I've not read anything since Sunday. Too much drama. Had to recoupe from that this week! :D Anyway, I read that Ohio had us by 10. But, between you and me, I LOVE going in as the UNDERDAWG!

No one has said a blowout yet. Unless Scammy is saying that. Are you Scammy? :D

As Swamp said............."we shall see." And I sincerely HOPE it's a close game................with the Gators on the winning end, of course. ;-)