PDA

View Full Version : NStar worker killed

loodvig
12-08-2006, 06:18 PM
It happened in Cambridge, Ma. He and a co-worker were in a transformer vault when there was an explosion. The vault was in the cellar of the building. It sent smoke all through a 15 story office building sending many to the hospital.

shaun
12-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Damn, two in two days. (this and So. Cal) :confused: WTF's goin on
??? Be careful guys. Damn.

Orgnizdlbr
12-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear of another fallen brother, prayers for him and his family.

loodvig
12-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Nstar mechanic was Hub football standout
By O’Ryan Johnson and Laura Crimaldi
Saturday, December 9, 2006 - Updated: 12:05 AM EST

Mourners lined the street and stood along the walkway at the childhood home of Kevin Fidalgo, a Boston Latin football standout who parlayed his athletic gifts into a degree at UMass-Amherst, only to perish yesterday morning in an explosion in the basement of a 17-story Cambridge office building.

“I’m still in shock,” said cousin Otelo Euvora, 27. “It hasn’t sunk in yet. I’ve known him all my life. He was always a good guy. The ladies loved him. He was the man.”

Fidalgo, 28, an operating mechanic with Nstar, was in the basement electrical room of the Kendall Square structure yesterday morning when a blast there sparked a three-alarm electrical fire that killed him andinjured co-worker Christopher Carey, and forced scores of terrified office workers into the cold.

Fidalgo was star running back for the Boston Latin Wolfpack. In 1995, his senior season, he was the leading Division 2 scorer, racking up 174 points with 25 touchdowns and 12 conversions.

After graduating from Latin in 1996, he went to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, where he played football for the Minutemen, excelled academically and was named to the ALANAI Honor Society. He graduated in 2000 with a business degree and joined Nstar.

rusty
12-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Our Prayers are with all!!! As is the offer to help " IF " needed! This month is starting out real bad, be EXTRA CAREFUL YA"LL!!!