PDA

View Full Version : Web site upgrade coming

lineman
12-10-2006, 04:39 PM
As most of you old timers know, every now and then we have to go through an upgrade here on the web site.

We are about to upgrade the web site again. Of course it is going to be different and a little uncomfortable until we break it in so please forgive the growing pains.

The Picture page is going to turn into personal scrap books that you can post and maintain as you desire. Add to it, take away from it, or delete it. It is all yours. All you have to have is a username and password.

If you are a member of the forum, your username and password should allow you to create a scrap book in the pictures section. Help us test this.

I invite all of you forum folks (members) to be the first to help me break in and populate the new “Pictures Page” on Powerlineman.com. Do me a favor and try it out. Go to http://ww3.powerlineman.com/pictures/ (http://ww3.powerlineman.com/pictures/) and post some pictures Remember you can change what’s in there as you want to in and out. It is way better once you get the idea.

I have only one account there now. It is me with all of the old pictures from the old site.

Byron

mrnick
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Right on. Can't wait to start postin' some pics

BigClive
12-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Hmm, just put some up. Are you bothered about the larger image sizes? I know the site scales them down for the display page, but it does offer the full size image too so it could eat a fair amount of storage space. (Don't want to make a dent on your bandwidth.)

Hurricane Harry
12-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Great idea, should be fun.

CenterPointEX
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Just Curios Bryan, are there archieves of old posts that leave the forum or have they gone to cyber heaven or hell as they warranted?

lineman
12-14-2006, 11:41 AM
To this point I have been just deleting them if no one has posted to the thread for 6 months or moe.

I am going to start an archive and keep them from now on.

bd

CenterPointEX
12-14-2006, 07:06 PM
I hate to hear that. A better judge of value of a thread would have been the number of hits it was receiving. One thread in particular I was thinking of was an exhaustive discourse on Delta vs. Wye systems, how they worked and acted... written in Linemanease. I noticed that even though the thread was buried, the hits kept climbing. I discovered that it was being referenced in a couple of different lineman schools as a helpful discourse written by lineman for lineman.

lineman
12-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I will pay more attention to this and figure out a better way to handle the Forums. I have a friend who is going to be training in all the ways to take care of this area so we can do a better job.

BD

tramp67
12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Just wanted to say "thanks!!!" This is a great website, we all can learn a lot on here, as well as have fun with each other. It's an easy site to use, too! Keep up the great work, we appreciate it!

BigClive
12-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Well guys, c'mon. Dig through the files and put up some pictures.... preferably the silly, candid, posed or best of all the "embarassing accident" pictures. :)

http://ww3.powerlineman.com/pictures/

22900013A
01-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I have pleanty of pics of linesmans landrovers etc if they are useful?

Dan.

Trampbag
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey Byron,

I’ve been on this site since around 1997 or earlier, I just can’t remember. I have seen it evolve into one of the most impressive communication tools the trade has and is destined to be an indispensable tool, especially where safety in the trade is involved. You are to be commended.

I truly hope you have the site protected in such a way that if, God forbid, you are no longer able to maintain the site it will continue as your legacy well into the distant future.

You have my thanks for giving us the platform in the line trade likened to “Speaker’s Corner” in Hyde Park. Congratulations and please keep up the excellent work.

BigClive
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I have pleanty of pics of linesmans landrovers etc if they are useful?

Dan.

Stick some up Dan. It's time the US linetruck versus UK landie balance was equalised. :)

22900013A
01-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Stick some up Dan. It's time the US linetruck versus UK landie balance was equalised. :)

Hi BigClive, will see what I can do - you never know, you might recognise some of them. ;)

Dan.

22900013A
01-06-2007, 08:23 AM

http://ww3.powerlineman.com/pictures/showgallery.php?ppuser=3921&cat=500

There ya go - enjoy!
For more pics have a look at www.geocities.com/electricityboardlandrovers/index.html

Dan

Budda
01-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Sounds great, this web- site gets better and better, I think every lineman gets alot out of this site

BigClive
01-06-2007, 08:29 PM
http://ww3.powerlineman.com/pictures/showgallery.php?ppuser=3921&cat=500

There ya go - enjoy!
For more pics have a look at www.geocities.com/electricityboardlandrovers/index.html

Dan

Good pics. I know at least six guys who have personal Landies.

How about some unimogs. :)

22900013A
01-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Good pics. I know at least six guys who have personal Landies.

How about some unimogs. :)

Personal landies? How do you mean?
I only have one or two pics with unimogs in - and they are in the backgrond - I only collect the landy ones really, or SEB/SSE vehicles. If any unimog pics turun up will post them up for you.

Dan.

BigClive
01-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Personal landies? How do you mean?
I only have one or two pics with unimogs in - and they are in the backgrond - I only collect the landy ones really, or SEB/SSE vehicles. If any unimog pics turun up will post them up for you.

Dan.

I'm just talking about guys who have bought themselves a Land Rover as a personal vehicle. Most of them work in the technical side of the entertainment industry, one's on a farm and one just likes industrial vehicles. (He's also a standby lifeboat man)

We got the use of a unimog once and I've been trying to get to use one since. It was just such a neat big boys toy.

22900013A
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Unimogs are pretty cool, but I will always prefer my landies. Mine is a 1969 ex-southern electric, was basedin portsmouth for 14 years. Its a lot older than me by the way I should add!
I only know of one other ex-electric board landy that has been restored, and even that is not exactly an authentic restoration. I would like to find an old yorkshire electricity one and do that up, as I live in yorkshire, for the time being anyway.