PDA

View Full Version : Info on FLEAS

Jasper
12-19-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm curious if anyone has heard of the FLEAS recently or has any idea where I can get info on their past
Federation of Lineman and Electricians Association

loodvig
12-19-2006, 02:49 PM
OK I'll bite. WTF is FLEAS? Wait a minute my dog says he knows!

tramp67
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Your spelling is incorrect. Go to Google and do a search for "fun loving electricians". I think this is what you are looking for!

BigClive
12-20-2006, 05:49 PM
So the FLE's are basically the electrical industry equivalent of free-masons?

I hppe they don't do the rolled up trouser leg bit. It's so undignified.

tramp67
12-24-2006, 08:13 PM
More along the lines of the freemasons before they started letting in anyone that was interested. The freemason society used to be just the working people. You won't find any lawyers or doctors in amongst the fle(a)s!

Goathead
12-29-2006, 12:21 PM
The way I understand it Flea stands for Fun loving electrical association,its a union within a union.Its a group of employees that band together,to change the outcome of policy to benefit themselves.Its illegal and can get you in bad standing with your union.

Orgnizdlbr
12-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Why would it be "illegal"? You mean Literally Illegal? or just "morally" as a union member?
I personally don't know nothin bout em, but I can't see why it would be "illegal".

The word Unconstitutional should probably be used instead of "illegal" in this case. Some of the practices employed by "fleas" may be in opposition to rules and regulations set forth in the IBEW Constitution.