PDA

View Full Version : SanFrancisco

loodvig
12-21-2006, 07:00 AM
I will be going out to SanFrancisco in April of 07. I was wondering what there is to see in a linemans eyes. It's for a wedding but we'll be on vacation too. So what is there to see in a linemans point of view?

Orgnizdlbr
12-21-2006, 07:32 AM
I will be going out to SanFrancisco in April of 07. I was wondering what there is to see in a linemans eyes. It's for a wedding but we'll be on vacation too. So what is there to see in a linemans point of view?

Check out the electric public transit Loo, the wire the buses run on was pretty funky when I was last in San Fran in the early 90's. It's a great city, alot to see, Alcatraz tour was interesting. Lombard street is a must to drive down if you rent a car, it is the crookedest street in the world. Anyway, its a great town, enjoy your trip Loo.

loodvig
12-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Yes, we were out there last June, to meet the future inlaws, which is another story, and I saw the overhead transit system. It was also 'gay pride week'! LOL And there was a parade too! WOW! They are out of the closet out there!
Anyway we want to see napa valley, etc.

Orgnizdlbr
12-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, we were out there last June, to meet the future inlaws, which is another story, and I saw the overhead transit system. It was also 'gay pride week'! LOL And there was a parade too! WOW! They are out of the closet out there!
Anyway we want to see napa valley, etc.

Loo, napa is great, Inglenook and christian brothers winerys stick in my head. Like i said, enjoy your vacation!

BigClive
12-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Love to visit that place, but it's a pretty expensive place to stay. How do the linemen that work there cope with the high cost of living? (Higher wage rates?)

I wonder if the electric trade has as high a ratio of "liberated" individuals as the other trades. Honestly. Centrepoint Ex would be choking on his Christmas Pudding. :D

Orgnizdlbr
12-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Loo, if you have the time drive down the Pacific Coast hiway to monterey and check out the 17 mile drive through the pebble beach area, and Carmel