PDA

View Full Version : Please help get me out the dog house and

Koga
12-22-2006, 11:52 AM
explain to someone very special to me. What the boots nailed on the top of a pole is all about. She thinks Im not telling her all the story .:D

Koga:cool:

Pootnaigle
12-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Koga Best I kin figger the boots on top of a pole represent the last pole a lineman plans on climbing, either he has secured a promotion or he is quitting for something different or he's just done with linework. We usta use a red flag which was plentyful and furnished by the company ( for hauling poles and flagging traffic) I bleve you and I worked for the same multi million two bit outfit.

LostArt
12-22-2006, 02:21 PM
LMAO! Koga in the doghouse???? :D Tell the "someone special" at least the boots aren't under another's bed!!! Heh.

LostArt
12-23-2006, 11:04 AM
The name Koga seems to represent that phrase also. Kiss Ole G---- @ss.

Are you retiring Koga?

Koga
12-24-2006, 06:22 PM
ain't under the same bed they were under for the last 29 years, but They aren't under anyone elses right now either:D . I don't have any plans for em to be any time soon. Maybe later on down the road but not right now. I started this thread to answer the question an old friend asked, and becausew I was laughing and said aint no tellin what you might see tacked on top of a pole I guess she thought I was not being straight about the boots. She thought it might be a secret among lineman or something.As far as retireing , nope not yet.Believe it or not I am really enjoying my work right now, even at 52 years old . I pretty much get to choose what I want to do and when. My main job is to teach the young bucks how to go home safe while getting the job done. Yall have a great Christmas.

Koga

linemanfrog
12-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Although I have never seen a lineman nail his boots to the top of a pole....I do remember in the Marines that it was tradition to do something of the same nature with your combat boots. Near our company HQ there was a patch of woods. When a member of our company was on his last "hump" or force march, he would finish the last 1/4 mile in his bare feet. The reason was that the patch of woods was 1/4 of a mile from company HQ and the individual who was on his last hump would take off his boots and toss them into the woods as far as he could. Depending on the weather though sometimes he would regret that decision if it was cold as hell or raining.

Another part of the story is that sometimes you would see a "green horn" (fresh outta bootcamp) with some real salty (well worn) boots......they would never own up to it, but I am pretty sure some of them visited those woods......