PDA

View Full Version : Faces to names.

BigClive
01-06-2007, 10:48 PM
How about seeing some faces to match the names? (Obviously not where nickname identification is not desired) They could be posted here or to the new picture area.

http://ww3.powerlineman.com/pictures/

LINETRASH
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
OK, Clive.

Here's my 3rd generation Irish Mug!

Just print it and put it in the corner to scare off the rats!

BigClive
01-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Well I guess I started it so.... Note the inavoidable gingery beard presumably also caused by Irish ancestry.

Mike-E
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Another Mick(McC) to the crew from the West Cork Dark Irish breed. Now just a Michigan APE.

Hemingray Insulators
01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
heres me, oh, and hey Mike-E you said you had wanted to see my display at the library, did you ever get a day to go do that? it comes down this friday, but i got pics posted in this forum too, so you can see those if you didn't get a chance.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/P5060140_edited.jpg

CenterPointEX
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh the inexperessable joy when at last my maker calls my name!

Orgnizdlbr
01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Looks like you're getting ready to wrestle a gator CP....BTW how ya been? Aint seen ya in a while.....

BigClive
01-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Not what I was expecting either. I had this image of CP as some clean-shaven besuited bible thumper.

I'm afraid to say I once walked off a job rewiring a steelwork crane because my coworker was bible thumping incessantly to the point of harassment. Every single attempt at conversation turned religious fanaticism.

(No disrespect CP, but you have to be on the receiving end to understand.)

LostArt
01-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow. This is great guys!!! :D I love it!

CP.........is that a recent pic? Uh....you have changed a bit in a year buddy. :D

I've seen some pics of you guys, but I've never seen a pic of Georgie. I think it's because he looks alot like that Saprano dude and doesn't want to get my heart flutter'n or something. :D Heh...had to razz ya Georgie.

Orgnizdlbr
01-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow. This is great guys!!! :D I love it!

CP.........is that a recent pic? Uh....you have changed a bit in a year buddy. :D

I've seen some pics of you guys, but I've never seen a pic of Georgie. I think it's because he looks alot like that Saprano dude and doesn't want to get my heart flutter'n or something. :D Heh...had to razz ya Georgie.

LMAO....ya aint the first to use the comparison Grace!

LostArt
01-21-2007, 03:10 AM
LMAO....ya aint the first to use the comparison Grace!

Now you are just plain tryin' to scare an innocent ole country gal like me, ain'tchya? 'Course you would be up to some tough competition Georgie.....I think Billary running in '08 scares me more!!

LostArt
01-22-2007, 07:38 AM
Taken just yesterday......

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/Cnv0024-1.jpg

loodvig
01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
This is me and my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/Loodvig/management.jpg

OK,OK, it's not really me! It's a picture of N.Grid's management.

BigClive
01-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Ooh, look at you LA. All prim and posh.

Crockery on the wall too. We put ours on the table. :D

CenterPointEX
01-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Well Swamp... most of us are in... and we know you know how to post pics...?

BigClive
01-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Well....

She's a fuck of alot better lookin than You! :D

Well that's not hard to achieve.

When I was born I was so ugly the midwife had to slap my mother to stop her screaming. :D

LostArt
01-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Loo..........you are more of a clown than Clive! :D Ummm.........almost...maybe! :D

Well that's not hard to achieve.

When I was born I was so ugly the midwife had to slap my mother to stop her screaming. :D

Jeeze Clive! LOL! You are a riot! :D

Hey guys! Now you know...I gotta at least TRY and be a lady. ;-)

Thank you Swamp for saying I am prettier than Clive.....uh....I THINK!!! LOL! Clive....you win Mr. Personality. I think the ear ring gives you more POSH. HA!

LostArt
01-24-2007, 06:12 AM
:D :D

I love ya Clive!!!! :D

You can't get into this group hug Swamp until you show your mug. :D

CenterPointEX
01-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, right. A come on if I ever heard one. :D ...I ain't all macho, though, standn out on a dock in bare feet with my shirt open, and lookin cool. :) And you DO look cool...
A hard days night.

LostArt
01-24-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't do group hugs.:p

LMAO!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!:D

Gosh.........has it been 3 yrs Swamp??? Since you wanted to stomp out my "sassyass" ways???? hehehehe........

I can't help but laugh how you wanted to stomp on my spirit. Even the boss laughed at how mad I would get!!! hehehe.........

The boss said (as he was laughing his butt off), "Dear, you wanted to hang out with these assholes....take what you are giving out! You do with me. What's the problem? Skeered of some big ole mean linemen now, are ya dear?"

Oh man. NOW I know I am nuts to stay on THIS long! :D

LostArt
01-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Hell, I just treated ya like an apprentice, still do.Ya'll women are "equal" now, right? :D

BUT, I'd have to say you've advanced to at least "second year Apprentice nowdays.

Yeah....you talk bout the "Boss". Right Robert. You're about as much the "Boss" in your house as I am in mine!

BUT! Step on this board, and you're "Fair whittlin, I don't care bout your gender."

LMAO!!!! Oh jeeze! **holds her sides from laughing too hard**

JUST 2nd year apprentice???? LOL! Hehehehe........you kill me, you really do Swamp! Now, I honestly know why the missus keeps you............

....for the laughs! :D

Hemingray Insulators
01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
We don't do group hugs.:p

HAHA, not quite what i pictured.
thanks for sharin the pic. now we all know who were talkin too, nice dog by the way.

LostArt
01-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Me looking at the pic of LA.......

LMAO!! BH....you nut! Actually that reminds me of that movie Roger Rabbit. What was the name of the hot female toon in that movie? Eeeehh...I forget.

How ya doin' BH? Haven't heard back from you in a while. Glad to see you postin' bubba.

BigClive
01-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Jessica Rabbit?

Hemingray Insulators
01-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks man...for the comment on my Dog.

So...
What the hell had ya pictured me like in your mind?

Did I have a cane?" :D

Actually, I just cut my 6" hair a couple years ago. Figured I was gettin to old to "sport" that shit anymore.:cool:

well, i kinda picturde ya as a ancient looking bent over grey haired Hard core retired lineman :-)

you remind me of my uncle in indiana with the mustche and your hair. haha. you look somewhat similar to him.

LostArt
01-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Jessica Rabbit?

That's it! I never can remember that trivia stuff. About like the music....I can sing it, but never remember who sang it! About the same with movies and the actors who played in it. :D The Boss and my kids are better at that kind of stuff.

duckhunter
01-30-2007, 02:33 PM
I'd put my picture up but I've been referred to as meloncholy. A head like a melon and a face like a collie.

harley
01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Me and Junior at Christmas

Hurricane Harry
01-31-2007, 10:58 AM
on the beach in WA

BigClive
01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Me and Junior at Christmas

Which is you? :D

harley
01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
the one without the collar.:cool:

LostArt
01-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I'd put my picture up but I've been referred to as meloncholy. A head like a melon and a face like a collie.

LMAO! I guess you inspired the last few pics here Duck!!! Oh go ahead....I think a collie is a sweet face buddy! :D

Hey Harry! That's a nice pic of the Bud Light dog. Heh.

Harley...........you look exactly how I pictured ya! Tell me, how does Junior ride on your bike??? :confused: :D

harley
02-01-2007, 08:33 AM
He don't ride on the bike - he's a tire biter

Hurricane Harry
02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks LA, thats a nice picture of you also. What part of FL are you? My family now lives in Lake City.

LostArt
02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
He don't ride on the bike - he's a tire biter

Bites'em, eh? Is that ALL????? Most dawgs like to clean them abit.

Thanks LA, thats a nice picture of you also. What part of FL are you? My family now lives in Lake City.

Thanks Harry!

Actually Harry, the Boss and I are from Live Oak. Not far from Lake City. I'm very familar with LC. Not much to do in a little ole town like Live Oak. :D In some ways, I miss my hometown, but in other ways, I'm glad we moved to High Springs.

Your family lives in Lake City, eh? Well, it's a much bigger town than it use to be, however, it's a nice place. Known as the "Gateway to Florida". Heh. My uncle is the director of the Chamber of Commerce there and it sure has grown in the last 20 yrs, that is for sure. Not like Orlando or those cities further south of here, but it's growing up here in north Florida pretty fast.

Next time you are close, let the Boss and I know. It would be nice to meet some of you nice guys.

LostArt
02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey LA, we'll be in Fla. March 3rd, just thought I'd let you know...........

OMG!!! Let me know BH!!! This will be great buddy! PM me on where you will be. If it is near Swamp..........let's just make it a 6'em!!! That will be so dag gum cool....ya hear? Swamp and his Lady would love it also!!!

duckhunter
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Barehander,
When I saw you picture with the lady I put a hat on so I could take it off to you.

"little beaver"
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
DDay Reenactment jump

"little beaver"
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE="little beaver";26657]DDay Reenactment jump[/QUOTE
I'm on the left. The kid on the right completed his jump course at CFB Trenton that summer. There was almost 40yrs differance from his age to that of the oldest jumper. I couldn't even claim the oldest jumper as there was a guy by the name of Wayne Tuttle that was 1 year older than myself. He was on the only combat jump made in Vietnam with the 173rd Airborne Brigade. He wore his original uniform to the Mess Dinner that evening!
We made the jump 'bareass' in the day light as opposed to the guys on the D-Day jump who jumped at night, with heavy kit and under fire. It's almost unbelievable the courage that must have taken. I sure we are all humbled by it when we think about it.

LostArt
02-10-2007, 09:26 PM
That is great LB! And a good picture. Almost 40 yrs older than the young man on the right? Wow. You don't look old to me buddy! :D Heh.

"little beaver"
02-10-2007, 09:32 PM
That is great LB! And a good picture. Almost 40 yrs older than the young man on the right? Wow. You don't look old to me buddy! :D Heh.

Thanks LA, coming from a 'cool chick' like yourself, it's much appreciated!!

LostArt
02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks LA, coming from a 'cool chick' like yourself, it's much appreciated!!

HA! Well, thanks LB and I meant it. However, I'm still kinda stuck on that image of bareassin' out of a dag gum plane! :eek:

:D

"little beaver"
02-11-2007, 10:02 AM
HA! Well, thanks LB and I meant it. However, I'm still kinda stuck on that image of bareassin' out of a dag gum plane! :eek:

Well LA, it's not quite so 'riskque' as it appears!! It's an Airborne term meaning to jump with no kit or equipment.

LostArt
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Well LA, it's not quite so 'riskque' as it appears!! It's an Airborne term meaning to jump with no kit or equipment.

Now he tells me! Jeeze.

Yager
02-11-2007, 01:32 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/menbug-1.jpg

LostArt
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Awww..........what a darlin' picture Yager. The girl and her daddy. Too sweet!

"little beaver"
02-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Awww..........what a darlin' picture Yager. The girl and her daddy. Too sweet!

I hate to do this to you brother, but................... We had four kids, 3 girls and a boy, all teenagers at the same time. I often said that if we would have had one more girl, I would have been in my grave!!

LostArt
02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Yager, I think LB is talking to you. :D Although we only had one daughter she never gave "me" a moments worth of trouble. Have no idea what you all are talkin' about. However, I'm sure the Boss might agree....to some of what LB is talking about. Although it was tough playing refree between the girl and her daddy. Boy howdy....they are too much alike!!

BigClive
02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
We made the jump 'bareass' in the day light as opposed to the guys on the D-Day jump who jumped at night, with heavy kit and under fire. It's almost unbelievable the courage that must have taken. I sure we are all humbled by it when we think about it.

I'm not sure they had much choice. It's like if your boss tells you to go climb a pylon or your sacked. You might not be keen on the idea, but you'll do it. :)

Dave@PSE&G
02-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure they had much choice. It's like if your boss tells you to go climb a pylon or your sacked. You might not be keen on the idea, but you'll do it. :)

Except the locals aren't shooting at you. At least not right away.

CenterPointEX
02-15-2007, 10:11 PM
rocky mountain high

Bigheadnc
02-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Here's a picture.

lewisgwen2
02-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Oh the inexperessable joy when at last my maker calls my name!

I was the mother of a 25 yr old man that was killed by 7,200 volts of electric and now the grandmother of 3 grandaughters who no longer have they're dad and that is so so true the man that turn the line on has stood up and iI don't wish him any harm I'am not the 1 to judge. osa had made there report and thats what i have been told i have always believed in god and I trust it is in his hands . To all the linemen out there stay safe and please if they tell you not to wear your gear don't trust them my son did. :)

LostArt
02-17-2007, 06:43 AM
I was the mother of a 25 yr old man that was killed by 7,200 volts of electric and now the grandmother of 3 grandaughters who no longer have they're dad and that is so so true the man that turn the line on has stood up and iI don't wish him any harm I'am not the 1 to judge. osa had made there report and thats what i have been told i have always believed in god and I trust it is in his hands . To all the linemen out there stay safe and please if they tell you not to wear your gear don't trust them my son did. :)

I'm truly sorry for your loss Ms. Gwen. It's something that stays with you forever. I also have a 25 yr old son. He shows no signs to ever go into linework. For this, I am thankful. However, accidents happen everyday and there is always someone at fault. He is a roofer, and he has fallen a few times, and managed to come unscathed, thank God.

The Boss, my husband, has lost some very good linemen friends due to this kind work. And I have been to a few funerals. Not in many years, and I hope it stays that way, but it does affect those that are left behind. And I've heard of how those deaths have came to be. Some by neglect, some by just one movement, and once was one that didn't check in on a line that was hot....something about not marking a pole. The guys here would know.

My father died at the age of 53 and his mother, my grandmother, never got over this death and she was 88 yrs old. She lived less than a year and my grandfather followed her in less than two months. A mother's love for a child is something very powerful. And no matter how old your children get, they are still God's blessing to you.

Anyway, I'm truly sorry Ms. Gwen. And for one so young. Nothing could ever replace your child. And nothing any of us could say, will make you feel any less grief.

God Bless,
LA

LostArt
02-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Here's a picture.

Welcome to Powerlineman.com Bighead! You have an inspiring story. Tell me, I don't think I read it, but how long were you a lineman before your stroke?

PA BEN
02-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Not a great picture, it's from a camera phone.

LostArt
02-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Whoa! That's some big fish Ben!! What kind? Trout?? Ummm.........doesn't look like trout.

OH! And you look nice too! :D

PA BEN
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
:) In the river thay are called Coho salmon:D

PA BEN
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Christmas 05

BigClive
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Jeez! Was there any wildlife left after your day out. :)

Hurricane Harry
02-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I can't believe you killed all of those penguins.

LostArt
02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I can't believe you killed all of those penguins.

LMAO! I thought that too Harry! But, I think that is some form of duck maybe??? Or am I wrong on that one too?!!! Did you kill Happy Feets Ben??? Whatever, I'm with Clive....that form of species is extinct now! :D

Dag gum......just don't come to Florida for hunting Ben, we won't have the little critters we have now if you came down!

Hemingray Insulators
02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
looks like canadian geese to me:D

duckhunter
02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
PA BEN the duck hunter is jealous! I hope those became goose kabobs or goose chili.

BigClive
02-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Strange. The first thing that came to mind was that they were penguins. Must have been the snow.

You Godarned penguin murderers! :D

Dave@PSE&G
02-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Strange. The first thing that came to mind was that they were penguins. Must have been the snow.

You Godarned penguin murderers! :D

I thought I was the only one who thought they were penguins!!! Is hunting penguins legal? If so, exactly what type of wine would be appropriate?;)
Just kidding. I don't drink wine.

PA BEN
02-27-2007, 08:52 AM
:eek: There are more geese then hunters can harvest. Ever park, school yard, ball field, golf course has goose crap on it over here. Even the tree huggers would like to see them thinned out. There very good eating, my partner and I shot 8 and a father and son shot 8.

BigClive
02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Penguin hunting must be quite easy. All you'd need is a two foot length of conduit. They'd just stand around waiting to be whacked.

I'll make a guess that penguins are quite greasy to eat due to their cold climate lifestyle. They'd probably just explode in a big ball of smoky flame when you barbecued them.

PA BEN
03-02-2007, 08:00 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/Pict1000.jpg

LostArt
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
OK Pa.
We know what ya look like.

Huntin is cool...if it's your thing. Enough with the dead animals and you, OK?

Swamp.......the thread is titled "FACES to NAMES" It's all about US and our FACES and what we do. :D

LostArt
03-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Now, if he was squattin by a dead "Illeagle", that he "sniped" crossin the boarder? I could dig on that.:cool:

You know.....you really ask for it Swamp! **shakes her head grinning**

Dave@PSE&G
03-02-2007, 10:36 PM

This isn't as dangerous as hunting penguins or back waxing, but it is my passion. The little guy is my son David at a show when he was 4. He wanted to stay late, but we sent him home shortly after a sound check.

LostArt
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM

This isn't as dangerous as hunting penguins or back waxing, but it is my passion. The little guy is my son David at a show when he was 4. He wanted to stay late, but we sent him home shortly after a sound check.

Shoot fire! It doesn't work for me Dave. Is it me?

LostArt
03-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I never got off the TOPIC and I still don't SEE any pics!

Nevermind....it's probably my computer. I see red X's. Jeeze I have no patience for this dag gum computer!!!

Dave@PSE&G
03-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Shoot fire! It doesn't work for me Dave. Is it me?
Sorry LA, I'm not following you. What doesn't work?

LostArt
03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Sorry LA, I'm not following you. What doesn't work?
Your pictures don't work for me Dave. I can't see them. It's okay. It just doesn't work for me. I'll take Swamp's word for it....Cute boy and cool pics. And you play the drums. :D

But, I'm really bummed out that they didn't work for me. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this thing blew up.

Dave@PSE&G
03-02-2007, 11:13 PM
COOL Picts Dave!
Handsome Boy there!

Dude...You're a Drummer? I Use to do a bit of that...:cool:

Thanks for gettin this thread Back "ON Topic".
Thanks. lucky for him he got my brains and mom's looks! :p I've been a drummer since the 5th grade. I had bounced around from instrument to instrument, trying to find something that I had an ounce of talent for. Well, the music teacher, who wore his jacket and tie during the day, was a hippie who put on the tie-dye and leather vest(with the tassels)who loved to rock out. I was in the bandroom after school one afternoon, and he had a rock station on the radio. Next thing ya know there is a live version of Led Zeppelin's "Moby Dick". When Bonham took off on that 10 minute drum solo, I was hooked. Never in my 10 years had I heard anything like it. I can only imagine the look on my face because my teacher knew immediately that I was digging it. He set me up with sticks and a practice pad and the rest is history. I took to it like a duck to water. My only regret is that I never learned how to play a "real instrument", meaning I can only read drum music. It's all good. I don't play in a band anymore(work and family constraints), but I go to open mic nights to jam, and play parties with "pickup bands". Nothing too organized, some pretty good sessions with all levels of musicians. It's not the same as being in a regular lineup, but it scratches the itch to play.:D

Dave@PSE&G
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Your pictures don't work for me Dave. I can't see them. It's okay. It just doesn't work for me. I'll take Swamp's word for it....Cute boy and cool pics. And you play the drums. :D

But, I'm really bummed out that they didn't work for me. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this thing blew up.
You can't see them on the original post? That's weird. I don't know what could be wrong. When I clicked on the attachments you sent out, the pictures opened. Maybe try refreshing the browser?

LostArt
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
How about gettin' rid of some cookies...defrag'n and just an all out computer clean up!

Great pics Dave! Well, that is neat! I laughed the other day my friend came over and showed me what she ended up with after going out to a bar the night before. Mind you, she is happily married, so she was having a good one on me. It was drum sticks with the guy's number on it! I laughed and then I noticed how beat up they were...nicks in them everywhere! I told her, "Good night! Those have taken a beatin', haven't they?" You have to know her and me, but she mocked me by doing her eyebrows up and down like she was up to no good! I died laughing! :D

PA BEN
03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Swamprat Quote: I just don't like lookin at dead animals LA.

Now, if he was squattin by a dead "Illeagle", that he "sniped" crossin the boarder? I could dig on that.

Still trying to get 500 KVs goat, ha swamp? Also I like the picture of your dog but who was the dead looking dude with him?:D

Hemingray Insulators
03-03-2007, 06:06 PM
to keep this thread "on track"...............
heres a shot of me in the air, doin my thing on my line.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/climbing3-3-07001.jpg

BigClive
03-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Whoa! Nice goatee dude. :)

BigClive
03-04-2007, 06:54 AM
OK Pa.
We know what ya look like.

Huntin is cool...if it's your thing. Enough with the dead animals and you, OK?

Trust me Swampy. If you don't like seeing animal massacre then don't visit the New Zealand liney site at www.lineman.co.nz since hunting and linework seem to go hand in hand over there. It must be the "rugged outdoor type" thang. :rolleyes:

Hemingray Insulators
03-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Whoa! Nice goatee dude. :)

Why thank you Clive. just started that this last week. 2 days later, my principal at school started his lol. didn't know there were so many people that want to be like me :D

BigClive
03-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Why thank you Clive. just started that this last week. 2 days later, my principal at school started his lol. didn't know there were so many people that want to be like me :D

Just started it last week??? It took me years to grow a bum-fluff beard and I must have been in my late 20's when the 'tache finally made an appearance! Strange how it happens at different speeds for different people.

I remember working in the Ravenscraig steel works and all the sparks had thick beards and moustaches. Made me a bit jealous. :)

poletop22
03-05-2007, 12:39 AM
When I was 16 my mates and I used to see who could grow the best beard I was cheated as my "mate" cranked up my cigarette lighter and 4 weeks went up in smoke didn't smell good had fun explaining what happened to the teachers with a very large bald spot, missing eye lashes and part of an eye brow. My so called mate is now my brother in law...

Dave@PSE&G
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
When I was 16 my mates and I used to see who could grow the best beard I was cheated as my "mate" cranked up my cigarette lighter and 4 weeks went up in smoke didn't smell good had fun explaining what happened to the teachers with a very large bald spot, missing eye lashes and part of an eye brow. My so called mate is now my brother in law...
Your family functions must be a hell of a party!!

BigClive
03-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Scorching your beard during foolish pyrotechnic pranks is a tradition for technical dudes.

Squizzy
03-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Our family does are pretty quiet except cousins wedding that was out of control the dance floor was turned into a beer and wine sodden mosh pit it was great,except the next morning. Well my 21st was another story I hired this double decker bus and piled 65 people on it. Thats after 2 kegs were already downed, put 12 blocks on (30 cans a block) and went on a truly epic pub crawl. It was a long night but my friends still laugh about it and that 11 years ago...

tramp67
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
You're only 32?:eek: I would have pegged you in your mid 40's! :p

Squizzy
03-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Aug 1974 not a bad month that one been around abit in that time though done 2 four year apprenticeships one as a electrical fitter/mechanic (electrician) another as a linesman(including cable joining (splicing). Worked as a farm hand,kitchen hand,even managed a pizza hut store (crap job but the waitresses...) during all that I served 13 years in the Army Reserve and if I had the chance I would do it all over again...

PA BEN
03-07-2007, 09:58 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/PICT2437.jpg

BigClive
03-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Ooh! That's an expensive hobby. You can combine it with your work though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zivDmJRelm8

Dave@PSE&G
03-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Ooh! That's an expensive hobby. You can combine it with your work though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zivDmJRelm8

Poof!!!!!!!!

CenterPointEX
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Hippy Hop... Easters on it's way...

"little beaver"
04-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Thats my dad, second from the right, winter of 1947/48. He was still suffering from malaria and dange fever that he picked up from 3 years in the south pacific fighting in ww2.
*Note box on the back of the truck. That was for the crew. The foreman rode up front with the driver.

"little beaver"
04-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Cutting in a 138KV switch hat on the peace river crossing. This took about a week if I remember. Spread the phases , set the poles, build the switch, cut it in.

"little beaver"
04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
110' poles at the open pit mine, Tumbler Ridge BC.

Thats me clipping in.

Hemingray Insulators
04-10-2007, 05:08 PM
great pics little Beaver.

heres the latest shots of me lol.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/mywork4-10-07-1001edited.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/mywork3-29-07014-1.jpg

BigClive
04-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Now you're just showing off. I do wonder if there's a strong twist of Irish causing that vivid ginger hair.

Hemingray Insulators
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Now you're just showing off. I do wonder if there's a strong twist of Irish causing that vivid ginger hair.

ya i've got some irish, but i'm maily german and english lol.

man i'm dissapointed. yesterday when the pics were taken it was nice and sunny and almost 50 degrees. today its cold, rain and bout 4" of snow and 31degrees.

haha, all the girls at school today were tellin me how much they liked the top pic :cool: . hey..........I'm not complainin LOL. :D

Koga
04-27-2007, 08:42 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Lineman1st/Blueeyes4.jpg

Koga
04-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Cant believe it!

Koga
04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Lineman1st/000_0008ToBlueeyes3.jpg

LostArt
04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Cool!!!!!! You are just as I pictured you Koga!!! :D

Come on the rest of ya.....how about postin' some pics of yourself!

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/topic002.gif

PA BEN
04-29-2007, 09:07 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/105_0965.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/105_0964.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/105_0963.jpg

Orgnizdlbr
04-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice lookin tele Koga......! Is that gold hardware?

BigClive
04-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Cant believe it!

Whoa! Nothing like I expected!

duckhunter
04-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Koga,
Nice looking Tele!

LostArt
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Nice Hemi Ben!

Koga.....I'm gonna be the weird one here, but who are in the picture behind you that seems to be torn? I know! I noticed the most odd things. :D But, I do know that that is an old pic, maybe taken in the 50's?

Koga
04-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Actually that is some of the old Beatle cards I still have, inside the resonater of a 1927 Gibson TB1 banjo hanging on the wall. They arent torn, just cant see em all from that angle.

Orgdlbr: First one Ive built. I just finished it. Ash body, maple on maple neck(rock maple dont take a stain easy). I put the gold hardware on it and a set 52 reissue pickups and wired it up to 52 specs. Took a month to get it all together after everything I ordered got here. Nothing ever lines up on guitars either, had to fill in and re drill holes, sand down the neck butt and the pocket in certain places to get it seated correctly. None of the thru the body string holes lined up with the bridgeplate which didn't line up with the bridge pickup when it was inplace, on and on.... I A/B'd it with my Mex/tele It does have a more mellow tone, not as much brite piercing on the high treble. I'll try and send some pics of my others , now that I have a camera I can operate.

Koga
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
What did you expect, After all the abuse (self inflicted and otherwise) wear and tear over the years I dont think its that hard to look at :cool: !

Koga

LostArt
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Actually that is some of the old Beatle cards I still have, inside the resonater of a 1927 Gibson TB1 banjo hanging on the wall. They arent torn, just cant see em all from that angle.

Oh? Well, you can't tell. It looked like it's torn down the middle.

I'll try and send some pics of my others , now that I have a camera I can operate.

Will you take a shot at that pic of the Beatles too while you are at it? :D

Orgnizdlbr
05-01-2007, 06:45 AM

Orgdlbr: First one Ive built. I just finished it. Ash body, maple on maple neck(rock maple dont take a stain easy). I put the gold hardware on it and a set 52 reissue pickups and wired it up to 52 specs. Took a month to get it all together after everything I ordered got here. Nothing ever lines up on guitars either, had to fill in and re drill holes, sand down the neck butt and the pocket in certain places to get it seated correctly. None of the thru the body string holes lined up with the bridgeplate which didn't line up with the bridge pickup when it was inplace, on and on.... I A/B'd it with my Mex/tele It does have a more mellow tone, not as much brite piercing on the high treble. I'll try and send some pics of my others , now that I have a camera I can operate.

Looks to me like ya did a nice job on it, good looking ax!

BigClive
05-01-2007, 06:56 AM
What did you expect, After all the abuse (self inflicted and otherwise) wear and tear over the years I dont think its that hard to look at :cool: !

Koga

Actually I was thinking the graduated "tache was quite neat. There's something about grey hair that adds an element of dignity.

T-Saw
05-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Well I'm not sure I got this right, but I'll give it a try. This was a picture I took , to put on my 20 year reunion website. My wife said , " You can't even tell it's you , with those glasses. " I laughed and said " exactly"

LostArt
05-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Well I'm not sure I got this right, but I'll give it a try. This was a picture I took , to put on my 20 year reunion website. My wife said , " You can't even tell it's you , with those glasses. " I laughed and said " exactly"

Hey............is that a hairy frown you be wearin' T-Saw?

Actually....ya look kinda hawt there tee saw. http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/aa.gif

Yeah! I'm just lookin' Boss!!! Yeah, kinda like you do at the river! Heh.

T-Saw
05-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Funny that you should mention the river , lol , That is what I use those glasses for, going to the river. They are dark enough that the uhhmmm , fish, yeah yeah that's it , the fish can't tell when I'm looking at them, .LOL

I just got some brand new prescription Ray Bans the other day. Holy Crap.... I just picked them out , because they fit the best, and looked halfway decent, nobody told me that they are making a comeback in popularity, and therefore also , in price, sheeesh. I'm seriously considering laser vision correction , so I can just buy sunglasses at the dollar store, that way if they get lost, no worries.

LostArt
05-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Funny that you should mention the river , lol , That is what I use those glasses for, going to the river. They are dark enough that the uhhmmm , fish, yeah yeah that's it , the fish can't tell when I'm looking at them, .LOL

You guys don't fool me none! :D

I just got some brand new prescription Ray Bans the other day. Holy Crap.... I just picked them out , because they fit the best, and looked halfway decent, nobody told me that they are making a comeback in popularity, and therefore also , in price, sheeesh. I'm seriously considering laser vision correction , so I can just buy sunglasses at the dollar store, that way if they get lost, no worries.

The Boss's sister had that done. I'm too chicken. Half the time I wear mine on my head! :D And I'm pretty well blind in one eye. I only wear them to drive, watch tv, or see a movie. The boss says it's always obvious when I put them on my nose. He says it's not very subtle. LOL!

I thought about this thread last night. We should start a thread, "Gotta Wear Shades" and post our pics in them! I think that would be fun. But, I'm going to find me some COOL ones if I do that! My presciptions are ....well, they ain't all that spectacular! :D

"I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can...."

T-Saw
05-06-2007, 10:11 AM
" ....keep track of visions in my eyes"

LostArt
05-06-2007, 10:20 AM
" ....keep track of visions in my eyes"

You are going to think this odd, but that song reminds me of my father. My children were really small (before school age) and were out by my parent's pool. My daughter had on her cute little bathing suit with some shades on... rubbing in her suntan lotion like I told her to. My father came out with is shades on and started singing (at that time the new song) "I wear my sunglasses at night..." My daugher looked up at him and grinned, "Mama, Papa knows that new song!" I laughed and said, "Papa is so hip! Papa is no square! No siree! Not Papa!" He laughed because......as you know, I was using words back from the '50's....his era.

Man....some days are so hard without his presence. I sorely miss him. But, I have my memories....no one can take those away.

Alan Mac
05-20-2007, 02:27 PM
got a picture that doesn't scare the cattle away.

Mac

LostArt
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM
The cattle, eh Alan? So, that means the crickets are still rubbin' their legs together too!

Great pic Alan! I'm glad you shared your face with the rest of us knotheads! :D

BigClive
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
got a picture that doesn't scare the cattle away.

Mac

Irish ancestry by any chance?

(Pretty hard to avoid in the UK I guess.)

Alan Mac
05-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Scottish Clive, Scottish. Great Grandfather (John) moved from the Black Isle to London in 1895 at the age of 25 to work as a gardener at Kew Gardens. He married a Jessie Alexander the following year. The English have been breeding it out of us for two successive generations now.
Johns younger brother James (Jimmy) was a sheep farmer on the banks of Loch Ness. He went into a partnership with a weaver called James Pringle. I don't know where the money went, but it didn't come our way!

Good to hear from ya Clive, take care man.

Mac

BigClive
05-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Ah. So you don't think there's a touch of Irish ancestry in there at all? I do see a strong hint of Irish in your facial features.

Umm, that's a lovely wooden necklace by the way.

Alan Mac
05-28-2007, 04:38 AM
We are pretty sure there's no Irish in us, but you can never be 100%. I we went back far enough I'm sure we's find apes! Guess that's why I'm a lineman!

Mac