PDA

View Full Version : Made in America?

loodvig
01-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am. While his coffee pot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his computer (Made In Malaysia), Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN France ! FRANCE !!) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in... AMERICA...

49pan
01-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I think you said it all. WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrnick
01-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Have you looked at the figures on the American Economy lately?

NOT too shabby......

We are doing DAMN good in the economy! Now is a good time to buy silver and gold bullion squares lol...I remember back in middle school(2000, 8th grade), I bought a one ounce bar of silver for 5 bucks haha.

catfish
01-13-2007, 07:22 AM
well said sully

Orgnizdlbr
01-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Sully, are you the author of your post? If not, who or where did it come from?

"little beaver"
01-13-2007, 10:08 AM
"I suggest we sit back and count our blessings for all we have. If we don't, what we have will be taken away. Then we will have to explain to future generations why we squandered such blessing and abundance. If we are not careful this generation will be known as the ''greediest and most ungrateful generation.'' A far cry from the proud Americans of the ''greatest generation'' who left us an untarnished legacy".

People tend to be whiners. Ever go to a union meeting? That's why we had the 'cut off' rule.....2hrs......7-9.........it's over!!
A number of yrs ago I went to a S/foremans seminar of some sort. (I can't remember the topic as I only went because it was in Vancouver and I could get to go to a NHL game).
Anyway it started with the usual, pissing, moaning by the cry babies etc. When the facilitator got to me, I really laid it on on how I loved BC Hydro and what a great Co we were so fortunate to be working for etc. I was watching the whiner complainers out of the corner of my eye as they 'contorted' in their seats. That spurred me on the more and I launched into how the Supervisors were next to God they were so well meaning and virtuous treated us so fairly etc. Like it made the whole thing worthwhile....It was great entertainment!!
A number of yrs later, I was at Summer (Army) Camp and I ran into a Lineman that said he remembered me from that seminar. Nothing was said other than that!!

shaun
01-13-2007, 09:00 PM
[quote]Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig.[/qoute]

Hey Sully, can you explain this part to me one more time?? Having served 6 years in the military, I might be overlooking something. (gulf war)

CenterPointEX
01-15-2007, 09:38 AM
"Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig."

"Hey Sully, can you explain this part to me one more time?? Having served 6 years in the military, I might be overlooking something. (gulf war)"

I know a kid who got orders for Iraq. He was to train Iraqi soldiers in Bagdad to be MP's. He got cold feet, complained about head aches and anxiety troubles and was given a medical discharge.

CenterPointEX
01-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Next time you buy a union cap at the hall, look at the label? I'll never understand that one.

Orgnizdlbr
01-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Next time you buy a union cap at the hall, look at the label? I'll never understand that one.

Dont tell me......you're joking right?

Orgnizdlbr
01-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Nope.

Sorry Labor.
I've seen em man.

Union Hats, "Made in China". Check your tag on your hat. :mad:

The tag in my hat is stamped with the ILGWU logo and made in the USA!!!

Any LU selling hats with their LU # on it made outside the USA should be ashamed of themselves.

porky pig
01-20-2007, 10:25 PM
[quote]Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig.[/qoute]

Hey Sully, can you explain this part to me one more time?? Having served 6 years in the military, I might be overlooking something. (gulf war)

Hell I thought God lived in New Zealand?Cheers .

CenterPointEX
01-22-2007, 05:50 AM
For the record Mr. Batts that quote was from Sully, I think he pulled it off the web somewhere. I just knew the kid who got the medical discharge because he got cold feet.