PDA

View Full Version : Caught on tape

loodvig
01-26-2007, 06:33 AM
http://www.dumpalink.com/videos/Att_oranges-4fg1.html

Stealing oranges.

BigClive
01-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Be careful of those pop up windows! That looked like spyware to me.

Don't click either of the buttons. Just close those windows with the red X in the corner or alt-F4.

If you have clicked them then consider downloading spybot search and destroy, a free spyware scanner.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Also consider downloading ad-aware, another good free scanner.

http://tinyurl.com/5kgsl (link to free version at download.com)

BigClive
01-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Ccleaner does seem to get some good press. I'll try it out.

LostArt
01-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey Loo....your "dumpAlink" came in handy! Now we can all clean up our PC's! LMAO! Oh man. Heh, it just struck me as funny. I know! Doesn't take much. :D

loodvig
01-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I guess your right. I find things wrong and swamp finds the fix!

loodvig
01-31-2007, 07:33 AM
Good Program man....
Especially the Registery Cleaner, and the "Tools" Startup "Remove" tool.
Tired of that "Quicktime" Icon? Take it out of your startup, in Registery cleaner.

Not to mention....just removin "CRAP". Trust me, you'll Love it.

Interested to hear "Your take".

It sounds like Swamp knows what he's talking about, but people should be carefull what they remove from the registry. One mistake and the puter won't boot up!

LostArt
01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
It sounds like Swamp knows what he's talking about, but people should be carefull what they remove from the registry. One mistake and the puter won't boot up!

Uhh.....can you still boot up Loo???? :confused:

Heh.

loodvig
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Uhh.....can you still boot up Loo???? :confused:

Heh.

You know it!

loodvig
02-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Nope, I got rid of quicktime some time ago. But there's a ton of other stuff runnin!

Irishup
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I hate to assume that we all use Windows,,,,,,,,but I will. After visiting the web go to the 'control panel' and 'internet properties' and then 'general' . There you should delete 'internet files' and 'cookies' and clear your 'history'. This will eliminate most of the dirt you catch. When you first boot up your computer, try hitting 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and then 'Delete'. This will give you 'Windows Task Manager' , the running 'processes' should not exceed 35-40.If it does invest in a product such as "Spy Sweeper". it will take care of spyware alot better than any free stuff. I am not a salesman, just a lineman and father of two teenagers.

LINETRASH
02-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep, swamper, that little bugger works good!
Thanks for the tip...

loodvig
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Yep, swamper, that little bugger works good!
Thanks for the tip...

He does seem to know what he's talking about. I've used adaware ever since he posted about it. That's way I call him Swamp-geek!

billg
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
You can also try clicking on start, then run, and then type in msconfig. Next, click on the start-up tab. The screen will show exactly which programs automatically start running every time you start up your computer. Any or all of these can be disabled. (The programs will still be there, just not running in the back ground every time you start up.) Be sure not to disable ones you want to keep running to protect your computer, (such as ccApp).

Gridhotstick
02-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I've been looking for a registry cleaner thats free...thank you!:)