PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

spikenup
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi there I'm 23 yrs old from central wiscosin, I've been a line clearance tree trimmer for the past 5 yrs for asplundh (IBEW local 2150), and finally I took the advice of some lineman that I know and sent in my application to Movalley jatc. Well I have my interview on march 8th, I'm pretty good with math and algebra so I think the test should go fine, but the interview is what scares me. Do any of you know what kind of questions they ask or any good hints to get the best ranking I can. I have alot of climbing and bucket expierence as well as some general knowledge about distribution and transmissions from 7200's to 345kv's. Should I try to tell them how much I know or just answer their questions simply. I think this is a great forum with alot of good guys "that know their shit" and any and all info would be well appreciated.

suddsy
02-04-2007, 11:05 AM
If I remember right the interview is a standard 5 question interview, name something youve done that your proud of an stuff like that. I cant remember all the questions but they really dont matter I couldn't form a complete sentence and quite honestly I interviewed poorly, but, I took my oppurtunity at the end of the interview when I was supposed to ask questions and laid it on the line. I told them that I would be the best app they ever had and that my goal wasnt to just pass the J-test but to get a 100 and to be a lineman that was looked up to by my supperiors as well as my suboardanetes. it must have worked I got called the next day.

INDUSTRY INSIDER
02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Relax, be honest, give complete sentence responses, DON'T say the main reason you're in it is for the money or you're sunk.

You will just be asked a few questions about your interest in the program, your experience, possibly a few hypothetical problem solving type questions, nothing major.

The setting can be intimidating, so RELAX.

92trlb
02-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Good firm handshake
Make/keep good eye contact
Ask / tell them you want the job
Relax

racinsprintz10
02-23-2007, 03:26 PM
My interview was only about 5 years ago and let them know you are into the work because you believe you have a passion for it. Also, make sure and let them know you are ready to go to work tomorrow. Make sure they know you have a CDL, tools, and what is needed to get started and above everyone else.