PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to dislike UG.

BigClive
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Thats the worst thing about UG. Big electrical explosions in confined spaces.

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2005/5/19/102570.html

CenterPointEX
02-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Spent a lot of my career working UG. And a lot working OH... and to tell the truth they are both dangereous.When you realize that you have just dropped twenty feet in less than a second and nothing is broken, after a Holy Sh@t, then a quick praise God... you put your gaffs back in the pole and continue on... dont ask me how I know... If you are on a pole when sh@t hits the fan, there really ain't no place to go except down very fast... if you are lucky. Like when the secondaries go to sh@t right there where you are, all you can do is pray the fire goes out soon. Then do a check of all your apendages to see if'n they are still in working order. Don't ask me how I know. When you get that feeling that some one just grabbed your hand and tried to jerk you arm out of its socket, and you realize that though it hurts it still works, you understand that this is no occupation for the faint of heart... don't ask me how I know. I do know that if my maker had desired my presence... I have given him ample oppertunity... evidently He still has use of me here on planet earth.

CenterPointEX
02-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Maybe, just maybe he kept my dumbass around just to share the hope that lies within me with a fella calls himself Swamp. Living is cool, but sometimes it hurts. Sometimes lonliness comes in a plops itself donwn like an uninvited guest who has overworn his welcome. We, all of us long for an intimate relationship in which we can be ourelves with out fear. At times even among those closest to us we do not enjoy this comfort. A comfort I have found Swamp only in our Father, the Lord our God. Don't get me wrong, still I suffer at times the ravages of sin. As I speak I have been lieing on couch for fourty eight hours with the flu. Life hurts... but as long as my Father keeps me here in this tent you call flesh, I will serve Him... anything less is hopelessness. Cause eventually you get too old to dodge the Ball... Not just are you born dying Swamp... You are spiritually still born... and if you were to die to your self and put your trust in Christ... You would draw your first breath... and understand that though this tent you live in will return to wince it came... You Swamp will live forever free from the defects that came with it.