PDA

View Full Version : Favorite or funny sayings

loodvig
02-05-2007, 08:05 AM
We've all worked with people who have come out with some real funny stuff. You know when you think of it later you chuckle at it. I've worked with some old timers who had some good ones. I worked with 'Homer' who had the best ones! "It looks good to me and I'm fussy". Another time Homer and I were up a pole making room for a new xfmer. A new groundman just couldn't send up rubber the right way. He'd tie on 2 or 3 pieces and half way up they'd fall off the line. Now this kid has so many half hitches in the rope you can barely see the rubber. It falls off again! Now Homer has had it and he yells down, "hey kid a single tight is better than a double loose". Or how about the foreman who says "we finish this pole and we're done for the day" only to decide later we're going to "rubber up for tomorrow". So lets hear the all time best lines you ever heard!

LINETRASH
02-05-2007, 02:01 PM
How 'bout "you cant see it from my house"

"I cant look up your ass and read your mind"

"Gonna send you down the road kicking a can"

A friend of mine to a grunt holding the fall line of a handline with the line split and the hook in the sheive,"Push up on it, it'll come down!" (yeah we laughed as the dumbass tried)

"I fell of more poles than you ever climbed"

My lineman when I was a grunt throwing stuff up to him in the bucket "Boy, my catching makes your throwing look good."

"I'm gonna get you a belt with yer name on back so when you pull yer head outta yer ass you'll know who ya are!"

"Forget brown nosing, that dude has ring around the coller!"

After being told to tighten up: "I'm so tight I squeek when I walk"

"If you wait'n on me yer backin up"

duckhunter
02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain. And most do." Mark Twain

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." Emerson

"Get er done" Larry the cable guy

BigClive
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

It's much easier to apologise later than it is to ask permission in the first place.

He's got his tongue so far up management ass it's coming out red.

Mike-E
02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Journeyman used to tell me he was a dollar waitin on a dime

Used to say don't try to cut a fat hog in the ass

Don't go short in the land of plenty

Hurricane Harry
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Who you gonna believe? Your lyin' eyes, or your lovin' husband. I've been fired more times than Daniel Boone's rifle.

graybeard
02-05-2007, 10:57 PM
If you would'nt have stopped you would'nt have gotten stuck

what are you scardy

I'm not here to make friends(he didn't)

better tie a strait line to me so I don't go over the top

hows that worken for ya

(this one is going to get me in trouble) if it was easy they would let woman and children do it

work smarter not harder

and when your done with these can you do this one quik a minute

LINETRASH
02-05-2007, 11:42 PM
you gotta be smarter than the crossarm

whats the matter, your pussy hurt?

it aint the fall that gets ya, its the sudden stop

if I want any shit outta you Ill squeeze your head

i thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

to a clumb sum ape up the pole "what to do, what to do"

I actually saw a buddy up the pole holler "headache!" just before he threw up all over the pole.

on why I wear my shades all the time, rain or shine:" 'cause when you're cool the sun always shines on you" or "the future's so bright I gotta wear shades"

good thread, brings back memories...

duckhunter
02-06-2007, 08:08 AM
That boy is dumber than a box of stupid!

She danced one one lege then she danced on the other, between the tow she made a livin.

He ain't got the brains of a retarded baby duck.

I was doin this when your head was no bigger than a grape.

Iwas doin this when you was still shittin yellow.

Orgnizdlbr
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I only call you sonny cause your so f**king bright

the following was from an old timer who wasnt crazy about climbing anymore...
If ya cant reach it with a bucket f**k it

loodvig
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I worked with this guy from waaaay down Maine. His usual line was "f**k it we'll hang doubles".

polehiker
02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
How about
"You're so far behind you think you're first"

On whether a pole or crossarm is straight "A man on a galloping horse will never notice it"

You have all heard this one, " There are old linemen and bold linemen, but there are no old bold linemen"

To tamp a pole in good, "it takes one lazy shoveler and two good tampers"

Used to have an old foreman who told me to build things right," he would say you're not just setting poles, you're building monuments, they will be here for 50 yrs. Do it right"

He also would say "why do you never have time to do it right, but ya always got time to go back and do it over"

"little beaver"
02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
The culture in Newfoundland (pronounced NEW-FOUND-LAND,not Newfundlund as Americans pronounce it!) is totally unique in North America. They have some pretty unique 'cool' sayings.

When cutting a piece of wire so that's it not too short, "better to say here it is than where is it"!

If it really didn't make any difference one way or the other, they would say, "it's as near as it is far"

"Stay where you're at and I'll come where your to"

I was working with an older Newfie Lineman in the 60's. It was his first time off the 'rock' onto the 'mainland'. The Foreman asked him, somewhat jokingly, if he could make it to the top of the 75' H-Structures. He looked the Foreman in the eye and answered, "I'll go anywhere ye can put wood!!"

BigClive
02-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Justifying a slight overmeasurement of cable.... "It's better looking at it than looking for it."

thrasher
02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
"Measure twice cut once."
"That pole leans so much, the drunks think it's straight"
"If you moved any slower we'd start CPR"
"Were you born stupid or did you have to study"
"When God was handing out brains you thought he said trains and you didn't want to be a conductor"

Trampbag
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I thought you had already said the supidest thing I ever heard, but you just kept on talking.

dbrown20
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
He's eat up with the dumb ass.

If his brains were nitroglycerine he wouldn't have enough to blow his head off.

On measuring. "How long do you want it?" "Oh about 28 inches and a whole bunch of them little bitty marks."

Like to buy him for what he's worth, and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

How long you been doing this crap? "Son, when I started there weren't no moon and the sun was just a little bitty feller." or "When I started Tom Edison was just a first step apprentice."

He's strong as a mule, and not a damn bit smarter.

He's such a suck ass that when we had that xmas dinner he was eating out of the boss's plate half the time.

You heard of them Northern Lights? Son, I ran a crew on that job.

The Lineman. " Dammit Rome wasn't built in a day." Foreman. "Yeah and I wasn't pushing that crew either."

That electricity will go through there and it don't make a damn how it looks, just as long as the meter turns.

Don't worry about that shit, the Clippers will pick it up.

Hell yes I got a key for that lock. Hand me them red handled bolt cutters.

Perfect, but it'll have to do.

Grunt was cranking a generator. It didn't start. One of the linemen said. Crank it again. It failed to start. Another lineman said. Nother gin. (Pronounced like the the last of again.) This struck me as funny.

One groundman was called mushhead. Since this was in Louisiana, it took me awhile to figure out his name was really Mothershead and they were pronouncing it in their natural vernacular.

I'll knock a fart out of you that will whistle like a freight train.

I didn't come into town on a load of pumpkins.

I've been to 2 country fairs and a goat roping and haven't seen anything like that.

Let the big dog eat. dbrown20

LINETRASH
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM
"He fell outta the ugly tree and hit every limb on the way down"

nicknames for a few guys, Stanly two block (always in a bind), Darell and Darell (He was alway talking to himself) Swamprat (no relation to our beloved)Skidmark (motor bike accident)Thrasher (tended to be a little rough on distribution stuff)

"I'm gonna hit you so hard your grandkids will be hairlipped"

"I'll stomp a mudhole in your ass and walk it dry"

Bigheadnc
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I Live by: I didn't come too see the show...
I came to put it on.

Orgnizdlbr
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
"Ive been to 2 worlds fairs and a fat hog show, but I aint never seen nothing like that."

Outlaw Lineman
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Here's one... FAMS
Fu(king
Amazing
Magical
Shit
That's how transformers work!

Alan Mac
02-08-2007, 02:20 AM
When fitting steelwork, "My end fits". Gets my buddy every time.

I'm gonna learn to ride this bike if I have to push it all the way home.

First time I went up a ladder was down a hole.

A blind man would be pleased to see it.

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

Lineman counting 101. One, some, lots.

Mac

A Laska Lineman
02-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I tell my apprentices " You need to be 5% smarter than what you are working with and 7 1/2 if it has moving parts. If you can't get a rock out of a ditch you're dumber than a rock"

Yager
02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I had a old time lineman say to me .
I get more p*ssy on accident than you get on purpose !
God may have said let there be light but he had me throw the switch.

She must be one of the LEE sisters portLEE,homeLEE,or ugLEE
Who do you work for "DOLESS N SEEMORE" ?

cj28
02-08-2007, 09:38 PM
you are my favorite horse if you never win a race. i'll slap you so hard your shoulder blades will slap together. it takes 5 minutes to go first class. if i tell you a chicken will pull a train you get the chain.:D

linemanfrog
02-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Its raining so hard you could swim straight up.
Up the pole or down the road.

One about the good old USMC... God loves us Marines, we keep heaven full of fresh souls.

Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?

If your brains were on the sharp edge of a razor blade, they would look like a BB in the middle of a 4 lane highway.

If assholes could fly this place would be an airport.

You can't see it from my house.

That looks like hammered dog shit.

Outlaw Lineman
02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
another one...if a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops

sad 67
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle.

Dave@PSE&G
02-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Good enough for government work...
or
Hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch...
or
Incompetent people are great to have around; can't make you look bad and ALWAYS make you look good...

(**this isn't a saying,it is a poem my grandfather used to recite when I was a young kid. I smile every time I think about it.)

"One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight;
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other;
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed the two dead boys;
If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blind man- he saw it, too.:D

Dave@PSE&G
02-10-2007, 01:46 AM
With all the contridictions in that poem, you'd swear it was penned by some management type somewhere.

LostArt
02-10-2007, 09:21 AM
"One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight;
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other;
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed the two dead boys;
If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blind man- he saw it, too.:D

Heh. My cousin from Miami taught my brothers and I that saying way back in the '70's. He listened to Alice Cooper and we all thought he was a little wacky. But, you didn't post the first part of it Dave. The beginning starts like this:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. Crosseyed misquitos and bowlegged ants. The mission is free, pay at the door. Bring your seats and sit on the floor. And this is what we will talk about...."

Just thought I'd mention this! :D

graybeard
02-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I didn't think there was anything in the ground there

Isn't that crew work

my bucket wouldnt reach

my belt and hooks are in the shop

someday when the wars over maybe we can get some good help

got one more in ya

ya look like a monkey f*****g a basketball up there

doe's your mother know you talk like that

thats good enough we'er not taking it to the fair

its only gota last till I retire

naw we'll just corn field sag it

its only temporary

been doing it that way for 30 years and never had a problem before

Trampbag
02-10-2007, 12:09 PM
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

Trampbag
02-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Years ago I was with my Dad when he went out to watch a blasting crew shoot a rock cut about 250’ long and 25’ deep. He held the permit on the 69Kv line that ran parallel to the rock bluff to be blasted. The powder monkey foreman told him that there wouldn’t be any problems because it was pretty much a standard shoot.

Well the 12 whistles went then the blast. Like a 250’ hand the rocks just swept the line to the ground obliterating 1 pole and breaking several on either side of the blasted area.

My favourite funny saying was his quite comment as he reached for the radio mike.

“Ah shit.”

polehiker
02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
On sagging wire, - Take all you can get, then take two more for what you will lose, and make it up.

Good enough for the girl I go with.

To a new grunt, -I hit my wife harder than than you hit that tamp (before hydralic tamps)

When you think there may be a water line close by. - Go in with the auger one more time. "O SHIT"

Dave@PSE&G
02-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Heh. My cousin from Miami taught my brothers and I that saying way back in the '70's. He listened to Alice Cooper and we all thought he was a little wacky. But, you didn't post the first part of it Dave. The beginning starts like this:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. Crosseyed misquitos and bowlegged ants. The mission is free, pay at the door. Bring your seats and sit on the floor. And this is what we will talk about...."

Just thought I'd mention this! :D

LA,
Are you kidding me?! That was from AC? I don't know what is screwing me up more: the fact that I didn't know that or the fact that my grandfather did!!!

"little beaver"
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
From my Dad( 33 yrs a Lineman, Plt Sgt USArmy WW II):

"It's a poor man that you can't learn something from"

"A wise man will change his mind, but a fool never does!"

Yager
02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
'Say what you mean and mean what you say!'

Dave@PSE&G
02-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Do unto others... then run!

LostArt
02-10-2007, 10:00 PM
LA,
Are you kidding me?! That was from AC? I don't know what is screwing me up more: the fact that I didn't know that or the fact that my grandfather did!!!

LMAO!! Uh................no, I don't think that was from Alice Cooper. :D At least, I don't THINK so! LOL! I was making a crack at my "worldly" cousin from Miami. Although we liked him, he was just a slight bit different from us. :D

So, it's just an old school thing, ya think? I hope so, for I wouldn't think I'd be old enough to be a grandmother with a grandson in linework.

BTW, I might as well contribute:

"You are as old as you feel. And right now I'm feelin' pretty darn old."

:D

Dave@PSE&G
02-10-2007, 10:20 PM
LMAO!! Uh................no, I don't think that was from Alice Cooper. :D At least, I don't THINK so! LOL! I was making a crack at my "worldly" cousin from Miami. Although we liked him, he was just a slight bit different from us. :D

So, it's just an old school thing, ya think? I hope so, for I wouldn't think I'd be old enough to be a grandmother with a grandson in linework.

BTW, I might as well contribute:

"You are as old as you feel. And right now I'm feelin' pretty darn old."

:D

Whew!! For a minute there I thought I was ofiucially becoming "a square". If Gramps knew Cooper lyrics that I didn't, I'd have to check myself in for treatment.
BTW- Would someone please tell me how to pick out part of a quote. I can only seem to grab the entire thing. Thanks in advance. - Dave

LostArt
02-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Whew!! For a minute there I thought I was ofiucially becoming "a square". If Gramps knew Cooper lyrics that I didn't, I'd have to check myself in for treatment.

LOL! That's what I was thinking for me too! :D

BTW- Would someone please tell me how to pick out part of a quote. I can only seem to grab the entire thing. Thanks in advance. - Dave

Just "backspace" what you don't want "in" the quotes "out". If you want to separate two posts like I did above, just keep the beginning [ ] brackets and then end it with [ /quote ] (without the spaces of course) And then post want you want in. Then you make sure you have [ quote ] in the beginning of the next one.

Always make sure you have a / at the end of quotes and no / at the beginning.

However, there are some that use the more sophisticated ways but I'm OLD SCHOOL and have never figured those out or tried! :D

Trampbag
02-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Once I heard a hand say,

“I don’t know whether to quit and put this company in a bind or stay here and keep them in a bind.”

That same hand also said,

“I never quit a job, I was always fired.”

He also used to say,

“I got that yellow line fever.”

His name…. Hard Drawn Slim

Dbearman
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I have heard these said a few times , This Company is so FUBAR ( F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition ) that I am ready to quit .
That guy is so confused that he couldnt find his own A@s with both hands.
While talking about a bad driver I heard my boss say , That guy couldnt drive an ice pick up a bulls a@s with a sledge hammer.
The same boss once said to me while we were drinking beer after work to always remember son, that they will always make that beer faster than you can drink it !!

"little beaver"
02-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I worked with one Foreman for many years. Just a great guy. We both had the same thinking on how to get things done. Get at it, get things done and have lots of laughs every day. With Ralph everything was a joke, great sense of humour. However, he was a little 'hard on rigging'.

One time after wrecking the digger truck the Supervisor said, " that Ralph could wreck anything, he could tear the horn off an anvil."

loodvig
02-11-2007, 05:09 PM
"I came here looking for a job and I'll leave here looking for a job"

Outlaw Lineman
02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
One time after wrecking the digger truck the Supervisor said, " that Ralph could wreck anything, he could tear the horn off an anvil."

I heared a foreman tell a guy " Yuo could fu(k up a steel ball with a feather"
I about died

Dave@PSE&G
02-12-2007, 09:34 AM
"I'll be right back, I have to drop the kids off at the pool."

*This is a cleaner version so as not to offend anyone. Why is it that I offend myself when I go out of my way to not offend others?

RWD
02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I was looki'n for a job when I found this one .....

RWD

"little beaver"
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM

I heared a foreman tell a guy " Yuo could fu(k up a steel ball with a feather"
I about died

Some of the 'sayings' posted on here, 'have been beat to death'........kinda boring. However, OL yours is cool and different..............never heard it before. You from Newfoundland?????

LostArt
02-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Some of the 'sayings' posted on here, 'have been beat to death'........kinda boring. However, OL yours is cool and different..............never heard it before. You from Newfoundland?????

LOL! Uh....no. Although, the place he lives in is pretty easy to FIND!! No, I ain't forgot what that hammer knocker said!!

I'll PM him this thread LB. He might miss it. Heh.

loodvig
02-12-2007, 08:52 PM
We were sitting in the truck one cold winter night. We were between calls and we were soaked and tired. My partner says; "A night like tonight makes you wonder what you did with your summer earnings"

Outlaw Lineman
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Nah Little Beaver... I'm from The Peoples Republic of Northern Mexico....
formerly known as California

hotwiretamer
02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
"They made you an apprentice for one reason: you can't fry yourself with no potential!"

"If that's kicking your ass, maybe you can move onto something else and let me get it!"

"Maybe we can get your mom out here to help you"

Koga
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
the standard reply is "if it was up your a$$ you'd know where it was"

Koga

staggerlee
02-13-2007, 02:17 PM
you're making more work than your doing!

If you think God doesn't have a sense of humour take a look at this guy!

Here's the rest of our crew....use and less!

Pootnaigle
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Truck died : DAMN THING SWALLERED ITS ASS
working too slow : PICK UP THE PACE THE BUZZARDS ARE BEGINNING TO CIRCLE
To A grunt digging a hole by hand: YOUR LUCKY THE HOLES ALREADY THERE ALL YOU HAFTA DO IS GET THE DIRT OUT OF IT.
To An apprentice:IF YOU WANNA START OUT AT THE TOP WE CAN SET THE POLE UPSIDE DOWN.
On a screwed up job : I BEEN TO 2 HAWG CALLINGS AND A COUNTY FAIR N NEVER SEEN NUTHIN LIKE THIS.

"little beaver"
02-13-2007, 08:42 PM
BC is big cowboy/rodio country. ( remember Darrell Mills, World Bull riding champ is from our area).

Whe my boy was hanging out with the cowboy crowd, he had one of those fancy cowgirl friends. After a while, things went south and they parted ways.

I was in town with him and we ran into some of his rodeo buddies. One says to him kinda smarty ass, "hey Pete what happened to that fancy girl friend of yours"?

Peter looked at him with a bit of a smile and replied," I pulled the halter off her and turned her out to paw"!

( You gotta be inside to get the humour on this one, right ES?)

electric squirrel
02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I turned a few out to pasture before too!!!
I got a good little "filly" now, I think I might just put a my "brand" on her if things go the way they've been.

I have always told some of my Lineman and the lower steps that linework is like "Puttin' socks on a rooster!" Some days it'll plum make you crazy trying to do it, but, if you sit back and think about it, it can be done, linework that is,,,, I've done the other and it was quite the adventure!!!!!!!!!!:cool: E.S.

Oh yeah LB isnt Darrell from Pink Mountian ????

"little beaver"
02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I turned a few out to pasture before too!!!
I got a good little "filly" now, I think I might just put a my "brand" on her if things go the way they've been.

I have always told some of my Lineman and the lower steps that linework is like "Puttin' socks on a rooster!" Some days it'll plum make you crazy trying to do it, but, if you sit back and think about it, it can be done, linework that is,,,, I've done the other and it was quite the adventure!!!!!!!!!!:cool: E.S.

Oh yeah LB isnt Darrell from Pink Mountian ????

Yea ES, Darrell is from Pink Mt. which is about mile 156 on the Alaska HW. His Aunt lives a couple of miles from our place. Peter (my boy) team roped with his sister in High school Rodeo. Peter's mother-in-law is from Pink Mt.

Pretty good Elk hunting around Pink MT!!

linescum
02-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Well, Hell, I built the Mason-Dixon Line

shaun
02-16-2007, 08:52 PM
How is it possible for someone to have their period for 30 days in a row?

Bigheadnc
02-16-2007, 10:32 PM
How is it possible for someone to have their period for 30 days in a row? LOL LOL LOL

LostArt
02-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Heh. Shaun seems to be on a roll today! But, hopefully not that many days of a roll!!!

OLE' SORE KNEES
02-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Hell that boy burnt down more wire than he ever put up !!!

If you're a lineman then I'm a astronaut !!!

Mailman's coming !!!

MrStub
02-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Do something even if it's wrong

The rope is in. There's tension on the line. Let's run wire!

Trees or electricity. You decide

Tie a knot that might save your life

We handle everthing from doorbells to lightning.

otpig2
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
1.It's hard to say without really knowing
2. If brains were gun powder you couldn't blow up a thimble
3. For the cowboy crowd : Hold her head Jake I think she sniffin alfalfa
4. You don't have sense to pour piss out of a boot with the directions written on the heel
5.what do cowboys and flys have in common:they both eat shit and bother people
6.Who's STUPID now?
just a few that I have heard

RWD
02-18-2007, 12:12 PM
We the unwilling .... Led by the unknowing ..... have done so much with so little for so long, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

SeaBee's Can Do!

The difficult we do in a day ... Miracles may take a little longer.

RWD

Getting on the plane to Miami today ..

RWD
02-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Ape! Go over to the soft dirt over there and dig me a few holes. Load em on the truck cause we're working in a rocky area today and I don't want to spend too much time diggin' rock.

RWD

RWD
02-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Son ... the best part of you ran down your mamma's leg.

Or

Son ... how far back can you remember .... can you remember going to the movies with your dad and comming home with your Ma?

Think about it!

TTFN

RWD

poletop22
02-25-2007, 01:24 AM
I've been doing that since Adam was a cat!

If you want some great sayings watch the new Australian film Kenny that is full of them.

Dave@PSE&G
02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
If life is a waste of time,and time is a waste of life,
then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.

or

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Dave@PSE&G
02-26-2007, 01:08 PM
If voting could really change things it would be illegal.;)

poletop22
03-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not a complete idiot some parts are missing.

as it won't let me put a link in try urbandictionary.com use your imagination when searching there's not much you cannot find there....

poletop22
03-04-2007, 08:12 AM
here is another one I came up with while we working on a huge transformer upgrade project across the metropoliton area a senior manager asked me
"how many trannies you guys done so far?" to which i replied
"We've done more trannies than Elton John". Went down like lead balloon but the saying has stuck around...

PA BEN
03-09-2007, 08:51 AM
When I finish a job. I say, "Thats good enough for the girls we go out with, and their use to the BEST"

CenterPointEX
03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
When ya finish n it aint quite how ya wanted it... ya shrug yer shoulders and say, "one twenty, one twenty, two fourty... lets go!"

Closely related is , "I cain't see if from my house!"

And when you are on the road and you look up at a perticularly knarly pole... its, "I think the hall is closer than the top of that pole!"

When its time to move on you feign swatting bugs from around you and say, "These drag on flies are getting thick!"

taco
03-09-2007, 06:52 PM
hit it with your purse

Squizzy
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Closely related is , "I cain't see if from my house!"
"

We use "Looks good from my house"

or if you are sneaking a early beer or two
" It's 6 o'clock somewhere"

When patching up a fault or doing something you are fed up with
"Its got a drive away guarantee"

Dave@PSE&G
03-09-2007, 07:20 PM
hit it with your purse
That's a good one, T. Welcome to the board!!

moose
03-11-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't know whether to shit or go blind. I think I'll close one eye and fart!!:eek:

When a crew member gives his advise on how a job should be worked. "You ain't no damn engineer!!":D

Well if that the best you can do, come on down, I'll finish it!!:cool:

loodvig
03-11-2007, 07:32 AM
If the job was easy they'd have women doing it.

LostArt
03-11-2007, 10:03 AM
If the job was easy they'd have women doing it.

Why I outta....

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/fight001.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know! He did it on purpose.

PA BEN
03-11-2007, 12:09 PM
We have done so much with so little for so long we can do anything with practically nothing at all.

If you can’t tie a knot tie a lot.

If it’s too hard for the other crew it’s just right for us.

The wind was blowing so hard, I saw a horse lift it’s tail, and the bridle blew out of it’s mouth.

thrasher
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Was doing some target shooting over the weekend and reminded of some other lines.
"Gun control is hitting the X"
"that guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, from inside."
"that guy couldn't hit the ocean from a rowboat in the atlantic."
"mind trading lanes I'm getting tired of dodging your brass"
"NO don't use the other hand to hold the barrell of the revolver, both hands belong on the grip."

walrus
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
The best part of this job is the rearview

Dave@PSE&G
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
-- Ronald Reagan

PaLineman1775
03-14-2007, 08:23 PM
My wife and I have been married 15 years. Early on, when we still celebrated our nuptials, I told her " Get off me I'm done". Maybe that's why we don't celebrate as much anymore.

taco
03-14-2007, 08:55 PM
when someone's takes a long time doing a simple task yell "hey, are you building a substation"?

CenterPointEX
03-30-2007, 04:29 PM
On working for North Houston Pole Line..
Lineworks hard... doing it with nothing is harder....

Squizzy
03-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Here is a couple of measurements you can use
you can move it one bees dick remembering that a bees dick is 2/3's of millitad which is half of one poofteenth...

EyeNut
03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
should always be referred to by girls' names. Preferrably something that's easy to yell when you're angry. Susan, Jessica, Sarah--all good ones.

When you're not yelling and want to give praise, always say "Atta girl, I'm proud of ya" before walking off.

EyeNut
03-31-2007, 12:47 PM
If you're gonna stand that close, we're either f**kin or fightin. Move or pick.

linescum
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
she's so ugly she could scare the cheese off of a pizza

LostArt
06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
"What doesn't kill ya will make you strong."

"When they are young, they step on your toes. When they grow older, they step on your heart."

Daddyof2
11-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I heard these as an ape and have had to pass them along a few times as a journeyman
"Son that looks like a bears a$$ sewed up with a logging chain"
"Just walk and talk boy. If ya cant walk and talk just walk."
"That was a great idea. Now just write it down on a piece of paper, roll it up in a little ball, and shove it up you a$$."
"Atta boy. Come back tomorrow and we will try something harder like grabbing you butt with BOTH hands."

h0tgl0v3r
11-03-2008, 06:52 AM
of the apprentice who just cut himself with a skinning knife;....

"shouldn't be allowed to handle anything sharper than he is!!!"

"dont tickle it... HIT the f*#%ing thing!!"

"ah... its only a country job!!"

"You make my back hurt"

"10 feet of snow.... an' no-one'll know we been here!!!"

"get amongst it"

Daddyof2
11-04-2008, 12:39 AM
" the company is paying for both hands today, so USE them"

"leave the water cooler alone.you better not drink no more than you can sweat cuz i aint paying ya to piss"