PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are retired

polehiker
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Just curious of how many of us old guys log on here to keep up with what is going on in the trade. I enjoy reading all the posts, even though some of them get a little technical for my old brain. I guess a lot of what I did just was common sense and what some old lineman ahead of me showed me. No tech schools and such. Must have been good enough thou cause I did it for 38 yrs. and left with all my fingers and toes and a hell of a lot of good memories. Nothing wrong with all the training the guys are getting today so don't take me wrong. Anyways how about a thread of old timers telling how it used to be.

loodvig
02-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I retired last Dec. 1, 06. So I haven't been away that long.

Pootnaigle
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
I also retired from the local utility company in Dec 06. I just got fed up with their crummy attitude. I always enjoyed the work however and now I work out of the local , But only when The weather suits me. So Now I am a fair weather Lineman.Having been a member of the IBEW for over 30 years I can't imagine a better trade for those of us who like using our heads as well as our backs. What other trade could a fellow step rite in where he left off and make decent money.I truly beleive Linework is a lifetime commitment and I enjoy helping the younger guys learn how to use the appendages attached to thier shoulders for something other than a place to hang a hat.

Bigheadnc
02-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm retired but not old. Down but not out.

jpcon
05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I am 66 and still going
work in K C area and just love the work
seen today was polehikers birthday
Hope you have a great one

Trbl639
05-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Not Retired yet......but can go anyday now Planning on turning in my papers the end of this year, after 38 years in the trade!! gonna convert my card from a utility, to an A card, so if I want to make a little extra jingle I can!!!! All the old guys I used to work with that have retired, tell.......Go just as soon as ya can.....you'll Love retirement!!

Can't wait!!!!!!