linemanshouldblinewomen
02-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Hello how are you

linemanshouldblinewomen
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Hello how are you

LostArt
02-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm totally confused by both of your posts here. What is it you are wanting to say? That the training given by most instructors at sdg&e is inapt? Or are you bashing the linemen profession in general?

Bull Dog
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I think he has a attitude about linemen art for shure. Seems silly to come on here and bash the trade..
We been doin ok with out his advice up to now so mabey he just got lots of time to cry baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

LostArt
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I think he has a attitude about linemen art for shure.

LMAO!!!! He probably does Bull Dog! Hehehe..........oh man, I about fell outta my chair on that one! :D

Trampbag
02-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Why am I even reading this????????????

Outlaw Lineman
02-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Who lit the fuse on this ones tampon?????

LostArt
02-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Why am I even reading this????????????

Heh, heh, heh....:D

Why am I even responding? I REALLY need to go back to work......:eek:

Hehehehehe..........

Who lit the fuse on this ones tampon?????

OMG!! HA!!! I love that one Outlaw! :D Hey, you need to put that one in the Funny Sayings thread buddy!

linemanshouldblinewomen
02-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Hello how are you

loodvig
02-09-2007, 08:37 AM
It sounds like you got spanked by someone on the jobsite and you can't handle it. Did someone put you down in front of the others? They make you look bad? "It's only a job" Maybe you should look into a job at WallMart or something!

LostArt
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
hell if your gonna be a dick to me and in the end want to be my friend well thats just being fake and full of shit. and i sure aint gonna watch out for your ass thats for sure.

These last two sentences bother me. Is it your job that you feel this way or this site? If it's your current job, find another one. I don't know the first lineman (and I know many) that would want anyone working on their crews with this kind of attitude. It's too dangerous of a job to have someone on it that doesn't care for the welfare of those that work with them. Especially, in this line of work. Oh, and don't suggest a career in law enforcement, fireman, or the health areas. Maybe you need to go into a career that you work for just yourself. That way, you don't answer to anyone but yourself.

If it is just the linemen on this site, well.....you came in here shooting. You didn't even case the place. Most folks go to the bar, have a few rootbeers, look at the folks playing cards, observe a little, and choose a table to play at, relax...observe your opponent, and interact with a few words here and there. Instead, you came into the saloon firing and WONDER why the gamblers are shooting back!

johnmmcrae
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I have heard good things about the training that sdg&e provides for their line assistants, and apprentices. The instructors I have heard are very good at teaching and providing the knowledge and experience which is really good. I think that instructors that make good teachers are those who love to teach and have alot of knowledge to pass on. But then there are those who should not be instructors because they are only there to abuse and be little candidates that want to become lineman. So far I have only heard of one instructor at that school who should not be there Hey we should talk you evidently have a problem with all your instructors or you would have talked to one of us. You know me let's talk now!

damn_encode
02-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey, I don’t know what your problem is but, getting your ass chewed, and being belittled, having to take orders from journeymen with attitudes and egos is all part of the apprenticeship experience. Nobody said it was fun all the time, in fact most of the time it sucks to be a new apprentice.

Your right SDG & E does have a great program; you should consider yourself lucky to work for a great utility. You should just be grateful that you have the opportunity and just give 110% every day to earn your spot on the crew.

Unless it’s a safety, or workplace rights issue I think you should just shut up and deal with it. If you are truly doing everything and more that an apprentice should do, it will pass, or it won’t. Either way who cares?

"and i sure aint gonna watch out for your ass thats for sure." You should be dropped from the program just for saying shit like that. I think you deserve everything you get.

I hope you lose your apprenticeship because of your attitude and your mouth, which you cannot seem to control.

If you had such a problem with these people you should of went to them and dealt with it, not by saying shit behind their backs. That’s chicken shit man.

49pan
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Leaving Fla to go to work at SDG&E. I'm sure it won't take me long to figure out the attitude and even being new to the company, lineman are lineman and things will not change. Do what has to be done and keep your mouth shut. Hopefully some day you will be a journeyman, and you will with out a doubt dog your AP's. One thing you have to remember is you do have to watch out for my ass just like I have to watch out for your's. On the other hand I damn sure don't have to drink a beer with you after work. Looking forward to seeing you.

wifeofalineman
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
My husband recently moved our entire family from New England to work for SDG&E. It was the best thing he could have done for us. He works with some real riots and everyone has been wonderful to not only him but myself as well. I realize that it is hard for a lineman but it is also hard for the wives and families.