PDA

View Full Version : Little Beaver in the good old days

"little beaver"
02-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Little Beaver circa 1950

"little beaver"
02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Little Beaver circa 1950

My Aunt made the imitation Carhart Overalls. Those are my Dad's Klien's in my pocket and his lunch pail. My Dad was my hero and my best friend!

LostArt
02-10-2007, 09:47 PM
That is too cute LB!!! We should start a "back in the day" photo thread. You have a good start here buddy. I'll have to ask my brother to send some of mine. You guys would be shocked by my white hair. No kiddin'. I was a ginuine towhead.

Too cute! Thanks for sharing buddy. These kind of pics make me grin.

LostArt
02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm not starting a new thread LB. And it ain't a thread for "best pictures" either! LOL! But, I took a pic of the pic of me and my dad back in ....ummm.......1966, I think! Whoa! Anyway, I think I am very mad at my mother, or so she told me, because she wouldn't let me wear my favorite bathingsuit. My father is shown here trying to console me, I guess. Poor man. Now, I KNOW I gave my father a hard time and some extra gray hairs.....actually, I think he was starting to lose his hair here!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/Cnv0024-3.jpg

"little beaver"
02-11-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm not starting a new thread LB. And it ain't a thread for "best pictures" either! LOL! But, I took a pic of the pic of me and my dad back in ....ummm.......1966, I think! Whoa! Anyway, I think I am very mad at my mother, or so she told me, because she wouldn't let me wear my favorite bathingsuit. My father is shown here trying to console me, I guess. Poor man. Now, I KNOW I gave my father a hard time and some extra gray hairs.....actually, I think he was starting to lose his hair here!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/Cnv0024-3.jpg

Well LA, I had three like ya, as I said, all teens at the same time(4 kids in 51/2 yrs). All four married, living close..........5 GK's and 1 on the way. It makes for a few laughs as we think back, not as humerous at the time. Even my wife who tends to be very calm had a few excited moments, but now with all the GK's; it was all worth the effort and the heart ache..........not tomention the grey hairs!!

LostArt
02-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Well LA, I had three like ya, as I said, all teens at the same time(4 kids in 51/2 yrs). All four married, living close..........5 GK's and 1 on the way. It makes for a few laughs as we think back, not as humerous at the time. Even my wife who tends to be very calm had a few excited moments, but now with all the GK's; it was all worth the effort and the heart ache..........not tomention the grey hairs!!

Wow. 4 kids in 5 and a half years???? Like the boss would say, "Could you not afford a tv????" :D He can't say much though. My two children aren't even 13 months apart!

Although I won't claim to be an angel when growing up, but I was a pretty good kid. Actually my mother always told my father, "It's YOUR fault she is always trying different things! You shouldn't have told her she could do anything her brothers could do!" My dad always looked kinda... guilty until he turned to me (his back towards my mother) and would wink at me. LOL! Oneday when I was older, a teenager, my mother would say it all over again. I would grin and so would my dad. Then my mother, with her back to us said, "I see that!!!" My dad and I laughed. We didn't have anything over my mother.

electric squirrel
02-13-2007, 12:53 PM
LB you will appreciate this one,the very first colt I ever busted!!! E.S.:cool:

LostArt
02-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not LB, but I love that ES! Too cute!!! Did that one ever throw ya??? :D

"little beaver"
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM

It's weird how things go.........linework, cowboying, it's like it'salmost genitic!!

Hey ES, go over to sayings. I just thought of a cowboy saying that I bet you'll like. It's totally cool........as my kids would say!

LostArt
02-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, Mom has been sending me pics the last few days guys! I have laughed at many with my brothers. But, I won't bore you all with them. I'll save them for the right moments.

I promise you all that I did start liking the camera, but it just took me a few years to get there! LOL!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/Mepicnictable.jpg

BigClive
02-14-2007, 03:28 PM

The question is... Would your parents have bought you a rocking horse if they'd known it was going to have the effect it did? :)

(What DID they think?)