PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Progess Energy

funcap
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Have been looking at going to Florida , can anyone tell me about Progress Energy ? They sound like a good company but wuold like some info on wages, union or not, I feel like there is good info on this site and would really like to know before I load and go all the way to Florida. Thanks for the help,funcap

YooperTurnedFloridian
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
From what I have learned over the last couple of months is that they are a very good company to work for. Wages are very competative and yes they Are IBEW. I just took the cast test and passed. Also had a interview and that went awesome! Everything I was looking for and more. The only thing is don't just pack up and come down here before you will even be considerd you have to apply for some of there jobs and get signed up to take the Cast test. You have to pass that before they will even consider talking to you. Also you have to come here to take it. Progress is also out of a couple of other states if you didn't want to move as far. Good luck!!!

LostArt
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Welcome to Powerlineman.com guys! And congrats to you Yooper!

Out of curiosity, where are you guys coming from?

funcap
02-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I hope to be in the same good fortune as you are yooper. Set up to test the end of the month, coming from Illinois. I'm tired of the cold and I would love to have the chance to start a line career. Thanks to all for the info. Funcap