PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Calls

LostArt
02-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Okay....what is this thing called Trouble Calls??? :D From a few of these, I'm thinking I have trouble calls all confused. Heh.

http://ww3.powerlineman.com/lforum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I am wondering why some of us can't post there though. Are you sure you guys aren't pullin' my leg???? I wouldn't put it past a lineman to do!

CHICAGO HAND.
02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey It Works Finally.

LostArt
02-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey It Works Finally.

Really? Now CH is pullin' my leg!

Nope, I still have no access. However, I can start my own thread. Which is kinda strange since I can't post on CP or Pootnaigle's thread.

Well, at least I have access to the other all male forums. I ain't complainin'. :D

CenterPointEX
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
LA, I have noticed lately that if you take to much time composing your post, it times out and you can not make a post until you log back in. So composing your post off line then jumping in and dumping it has been the soultion for me. But yes I get that message when I take too long. The reason you could post on a test is because it was a quick compositoin an post.

LostArt
02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
LA, I have noticed lately that if you take to much time composing your post, it times out and you can not make a post until you log back in. So composing your post off line then jumping in and dumping it has been the soultion for me. But yes I get that message when I take too long. The reason you could post on a test is because it was a quick compositoin an post.

No, the "time out" is because you don't have a "save" on your sign in. How you have a "save" is when you log in you CHECK the "remember me" box. Then you NEVER time out.

So, no..........that is not the problem here. Byron has something either "on" or "off" in that forum. It's basically having to do with either the "reply to post" option or something else. I'm not sure since I don't know the ins and outs here.

But, that is a good point CP. However, not all of us sign out when we leave here. That is we don't "log out". So when we pop back in, we are automatically connected. So, if I get rid of cookies, I have to try and remember to "check" the "remember me" box so I won't "time out" I hate that!!! Drives me nuts! And it takes losing a few posts and then I REMEMBER to log in and save it! :D

There are other components within your "UserCP" (UserControlPanel) which give you options to be "invisible" or not. Or if you want the "pop up" option when receiving PM's (Private Messages). I personally like that one, because I don't always know if someone has PM'd me (I don't look at my PM's. And I haven't checked the option to be notified by email of a PM. I just don't like that one.

So, as an administrator, there are instruments like the above small ones that have to be either turned on or not. But, it affects those of us that, for some reason or another, can't post in the threads that other members have started. And it only seems to be a problem in the Trouble Calls thread. But, until Byron notices it or is notified of this problem.....or is called to take this "trouble call", it will still stay all messed up!

Also, those of you who I have been razzin' really bad on this....thanks for being good sports! LOL! You know who you all are! I'd apologize.....but I was just having too much fun doing it! :D

But, for the record.......I really did think I might have snooped where I shouldn't have when that forum wasn't working for me!!! :D

LostArt
02-16-2007, 06:52 AM
You are welcome Dave about learning the quotes!

If you guys hit the "quote" button underneath the party you want to quote, it will copy it on your reply. Then you can post to that person. But, "backspace" out what you don't want or you can split the quote. Just make sure you start a quote like this [ quote ] and end it with this [ /quote ]

You can bold, use the italic, and underline, change the font, by chosing those options above the box when posting and even change the color like CP does. :D

It's all on just getting use to what is there. Play alittle bit. I ain't smart, I just play and read some! LOL! And I've even been told I'm suspicious now! LMAO! Uh......no. I call it being inquisitive. I just want to know why some of us can't post a reply in the Trouble Calls forum is all! :D

CenterPointEX
02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
That CP is a hoot... sometimes I don't know if'n he's commin or goin...:)xxxooo................................... .........................................:D

LostArt
02-16-2007, 05:02 PM
xxxooo............................................ ................................:D

That must of been an old quote CP! :D Now, what provoked me to make that quote, I wonder?????? Heh.

LostArt
02-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I emailed Byron about the posting deal guys. When he gets a chance, I'm sure he will fix it.

--LA

shaun
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe he doesn't want replies to trouble calls that somebody posted. Like every trouble call is different and if he allows replies it might end up like a bunch of new trouble calls under one thread or someone trying to analyze this and that with a call? Not sure how it works but I could understand he doesn't want replies like," oh yeah that happened to me this one time and then this.... and then this...Kinda get what I'm sayin? I guess he has his reasons anyways and it's not out of spite or anything like that.

shaun
02-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Another way to look at this. Imagine if I started a new thread about a part power call at midnight. Now bear with me on this.

Thread title: Part Power call

It was about midnight on a Saturday in July. It was about 85 degrees outside and the call comes in. So I roll out to the house and do the usual. Check at the pole, weather head, and meter just for what it's worth. Full power all the way around. So I say, "let me knock and let them know it's all good on our side." The door opens up and there stands a beautiful red head with green eyes and double D's wearing something you'd expect to see only in a Howard Stern flick! :eek: "Ma'am, tryin not to stare at the twins, your power is all good out here. Her: "Yeah but I think you might need to come in and check my box because only half of my house is workin." Not wanting to do so but can't say no, you head in. You get to the panel and notice a tripped breaker..simple. "Oh, here's the problem," you say. Her: Wow, you're sooo good. I can't see why that would happen"? "My breaker isn't that old, do you think"? "I mean, take a look at it here." Blah blah blah............ Can you imagine what kind of replies you'd get from that thread? Now, I know what I'd say, but maybe he's trying to avoid that? (sorry I thought I wasn't "esplainin" it right on my first reply and this was more entetaining!?!) pls insert ending if you wish!!:rolleyes:

LostArt
02-16-2007, 06:55 PM
LMAO! Oh my............

Okay.....now I'm trying to imagine the Boss in this situation Shaun.....and it just cracks me up every time I imagine it. You know, the avoiding the eyes, trying not to stutter, trying to keep calm....I don't know. It just sends me into laughter!

Oh, he would let the guys know and play it down some (on how he reacted) but I'm thinking he would be sweating bullets at the time! :D But, he would be.......well, I don't think I have to tell any grown heterosexual man this! DO I??????????????????????????????

LostArt
02-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Maybe he doesn't want replies to trouble calls that somebody posted. Like every trouble call is different and if he allows replies it might end up like a bunch of new trouble calls under one thread or someone trying to analyze this and that with a call? Not sure how it works but I could understand he doesn't want replies like," oh yeah that happened to me this one time and then this.... and then this...Kinda get what I'm sayin? I guess he has his reasons anyways and it's not out of spite or anything like that.

Ooops! I read your other trouble call before this one Shaun. Sorry!

You maybe right on that buddy. If so, then dbrown20 might have been the only and last post to be able to reply. 'Course we won't know unless Mr. Brown would curtious with another reply back there.

Byron? Doing something in spite??? Oh, I don't think so....actually, I know not! Byron has been nothing but polite to me and has always been very forth coming. What I mean is, he says it like he calls it. I very much like that!! So, if Byron did in fact mean it like that, then I'm sure he will let me know! :D

shaun
02-16-2007, 07:46 PM
LA, wouldn't let me reply either. Dunno how Brownie did it?:confused: And you could reply to your own thread.??

LostArt
02-16-2007, 09:08 PM
LA, wouldn't let me reply either. Dunno how Brownie did it?:confused: And you could reply to your own thread.??

Yep, no problem with starting a thread and replying to it. Kinda weird though. I really don't like posting to myself. ;)

RWD
02-17-2007, 08:59 AM
BAck in the 80's I knew a guy that went out on a trouble call on friday night. When he got home monday morning he got a divorce.

RWD

lineman
02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I made the trouble calls and tributes so that you can't post a reply. Each trouble call is a story on it's own. The same for tributes. I didn't want anyone to respond to a tribute either.

I am going to work on putting in all the old trouble calls from the archive as time permits.

Sorry for any confusion.

Byron

LostArt
02-21-2007, 10:20 PM
I made the trouble calls and tributes so that you can't post a reply. Each trouble call is a story on it's own. The same for tributes. I didn't want anyone to respond to a tribute either.

Ten four Byron.

Okay guys...........guess ya'll are just gonna have to put up with my many Private Messages! :eek: Heh. Most of ya'll know me........I always have a question or two. ....or three.....**cough** OKAAAY, but I ain't THAT bad, am I? Don't answer that Georgie!!!

LostArt
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Uh...........ya might want to delete my thread in the Trouble Calls forum. Uhh......I guess it is about troubles....but not THAT kind of Trouble Call. You can delete it. Actually............please delete it, will ya? I mean...it kinda looks retarded there, don't ya think???? :D