PDA

View Full Version : Progress Energy

YooperTurnedFloridian
02-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Hello again,

Well went and took the Cast test for Progress and passed! Also had my Interview today only a week and a half after I took the test. Was told to expect a phone call soon! Finally got what I have been praying for!!! Just waiting on the phone call to tell me when I start! Any words of wisdom? Thanks!!!!!

WAlinehand1970
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Yooper, just remember, that your number 1 job, is to make your lineman's job easier. Pay attention, learn as much as possible, and do your damn best to make his job easier. If you do your job, he will make sure to teach you to be the best hand you can be. Stay out of the bite.

RICH
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Im Getting Ready To Take This Test Again For Allegheny In Md.did They By Some Chance Tell You How They Determine Rather A Guy Gets A Interview Or Not?i Know When I Took It The First Time I Only Answered The Question I Knew And Left The Rest Blank That Were Un Answered,i Called Corperate And Tryed To Understand What Was Wrong With The Test And Of Coarse They Didnt Want To Disclose Anything.did They Base The Interview On The Highest Score Or The Number Of Answers Answered Correctly.anyone Else Can Give Me Some Input If Ya Wish.the Test As I Recall Had A Pipe Wrench That I Had To Determine The Missing Dimensions.

RICH
03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
i tryed to anwser all the questions scenario and it didnt do me any good the first time,when we got down to about 30 seconds left i just started to fill in left over blanks with anything or i just randomly picked a answer i shoul say.i have heard in the past that some places will make a percentage cut off like you said and thats something i hear is common for allegheny power here.in the past i have answered only the question i know and ive left the rest blank and as i said above ive answered the question rather i know them or not.i guess whats so flustering is the fact that the most recent time i took the test i still didnt make the cut for a interview and i answered well over 2/3 rds. of the question in the entire test and i know the answers were right.some people say answer only what ya know and others say answer all rather ya know them or not.so seein how i tryed both of them im just not sure how there deciding who get the interview and who doesnt.im starting to side the percentage thing.thanks for the reply ill let ya know after i get the results back sometime next week the test is friday..i have seen the sample tests available just about on any power companies web site and thanks for the info on them.by the way anyone needing the site for these tests just use eei tests as a search engine and pick a power company to use there passwords they list.

riverhog14
03-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey all,
I took the CAST about a week ago, and got an email saying I passed this section of the selection process, but it does not guarantee that they will offer me a position. I took my test in tampa. YooperTurnedFloridian, EXACTLY what did the email they sent you after you completed your CAST test say? you can pm me if you prefer dosent matter to me. And how did they contact you about an interview? Did you call them back between taking your test and when you found out about your interview? Im simply trying to find out what happens next and whether I should call or not.

EDIT

Where will you be working out of in FL?

Doggboi
04-15-2007, 11:04 AM
If I am not mistaken Progress has a sample CAST test on thier website you can practice on , and I highly recommend using that for those that haven't. Accord to the information they gave us in class, If you dont know the answer dont answer it , they use an unknown formula to determine pass/fail. And even then its not even a solid grade the final grades leave you qualified as None/Some/Most/All We had 80% of the guys in my class that took the test get a most or all if I am not mistaken Progress requires a Most and E-ON requires an All. Our guys openly admitted they did NOT complete all answers on all sections. The 'grade' was then mailed to each student

As a side note, I will be taking mine on the 23rd and Progress is actually the ones giving the test at our school. I have a number of applications in with Progress, but I am not hanging my hopes on them or any IOU at this point.

Good luck

Dave

gulf power sucks!!
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Hello again,

Well went and took the Cast test for Progress and passed! Also had my Interview today only a week and a half after I took the test. Was told to expect a phone call soon! Finally got what I have been praying for!!! Just waiting on the phone call to tell me when I start! Any words of wisdom? Thanks!!!!!

hey buddy,
I need some help here. i just want to know what is the work load like in Progress-energy, i am from south florida, so we climb almost everyday, now i am ready to get out. I already apply for progress-energy, recruiter told me that she will get back to me later, in the mean while, i just want to know more about the company. u can e-mail me at fumble97@hotmail.com i would like to know more. please give me a hand..

gulf power sucks!!
06-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Anyone who work for progrss-energy can contact me for information. I will be working in Orlando area, please email me in fumble97@hotmail.com so i can know more about the company. I am an apprentice from fpl, this place really sucks and i am ready to get out, just doing little homework before i make a move. Thank you guys and stay safe

Doggboi
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Just a noob question , but isnt Gulf Power a southern company ? yet you say you work for FPL.. and both of them suck ? And your complaint is climbing?

gulf power sucks!!
06-08-2007, 07:41 PM
hey Doggboi, long stories short, this account was created by my buddy who worked at gulf, we both got out the lineman school together and went 2 different ways. Anyway, down here, the cost of living is too high, then i was never home, force to work until your 16 hours up, they never want to pay double time, cheap to their workforce, but i am not complaining about the climbing, this is my everyday and night thing for me, it is just getting old. How about you? Are u working for progress yet?

Doggboi
06-08-2007, 07:52 PM
No , I needed to go to work pretty quick , and the big guys take way too long to hire.. so I went with a contractor.. Lived in Fla for 34 years, I knew when I decided to get into this industry I wouldnt work for FPL, never heard anyone say a nice thing about them.. the customers.. the lineman .. the politicians.. no one seems to like FP&L much . Really didnt want to work in Fla either, once I realized how much fun gloves and sleeves would be in Fla heat.