PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time.............

LostArt
02-19-2007, 06:44 PM
.....you hung or wore clothes from the clothesline? Well, the new dryer lost an heating element. Yeah, it's still under warranty. But, did you know it takes repair a week or more to come and make a service call??? Wow.

The funny thing is the Boss says, "We make enough money now dear. Call repair. I don't want to fool with the thing." I'm sitting here thinking that he will have enough work shirts so I won't have to iron! LOL! I know, but who still irons these days? I'll have to find the iron. Where did I put that thing???

And WHO still has a clothesline? And if you do, are you still using it???? :D

Boy are we spoiled these days, eh? I can remember hanging clothes on the line when we were first married. Then the following Christmas my parents bought us a dryer. Boy did I love that thing! :D

The boss is late tonight. Just called to tell me that a pole is down. I'm sure I will "make his day" when I tell him this latest development! Heh.

When was the last time you guys wore stiff jeans???

Hemingray Insulators
02-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey LA, dont ya know MOST linemen have clothes lines? not nessisarily for hangin clothes tho :D ya, most linemen have 40' clothes lines, mostly for showing off their climbing skills or hangin wet apprentices out to dry on:D
HAHA;)

KyLineman
02-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I have a clothesline that my wife uses during the summer. And it is a three phase line that I built for her. Just the right height 4'.

LostArt
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Alright Hemi.....you are becoming too much like a man already. Wiseguy! :D

Hey, I ain't got nuttin' wrong with folks having clotheslines! I just don't want to use one! :D

I told the boss the news tonight and he says, "What??!! Let's hire someone to do it then." I grin and say, "But, ours is still under warranty and it won't cost us anything." He pauses and says, "Well, can you hang them out or use the neighbor's dryer for a few days then?" I only grin and laugh. "Yeah, I think I can handle it."

Later, out of the blue, he says, "But, it sure sucks having stiff towels dear." Oh goodness.......*chuckles*