PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to Work

leiching
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Where do you work? what are the conditions? Are they hiring?

BigClive
02-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Scotland. Shit. No. :)

WAlinehand1970
02-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I work up here in the NW, and there seems to be tons of work. Potelco is working time on Puget property doing storm repair. Michael's just started a 230 line. There should be some more "wind project" jobs coming up in the spring. I work for Hawkeye, and they treat us real good. Contract is up, but in negotiations. We've got a vote coming up, hopefully we vote it down. Cuz, now is the time.

Dbearman
02-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Work for a IOU if at all possible. Co-Ops are too political and try to nickle and dime their employees to save money.

42linehand
02-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Working in the state of Connecticut, Conditions are Good In the next couple of months we will be starting a big highline job going from Middletown to Norwalk. anyone with interest concerning rates of pay, per diem or annuities let me know.

johnmmcrae
02-23-2007, 03:44 PM
San Diego Gas & Electric is hiring journeymen linemen. Come on out for an interview.

Stick-it
02-23-2007, 09:51 PM
WA is good. 77, 125, 659 VOTE NO!!!!

woody
02-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Yup... and 483 too! Hope the members just VOTE...NO. woody

lineleader
02-24-2007, 09:13 AM
if you are looking for a good investor owned utility, First Energy is not one of them.recently, all they seem to care about is detracting from the labor agreements and making more vice presidents. we in Akron havent won a grievance in approximatly 3 1/2 yrs. everything has to go to arbitration.wages are about in the middle for journeyman and the hosp. the company offers is weak and expensive.safety is a tool now used for discipline with the emphasis on minor details as wheel chocks and traffic vests.moral is at an all-time low and in spite of how they operate, stock is at an all-time high;their main concern!.......look elsewhere.

graybeard
02-24-2007, 09:21 AM
MidAmerican Energy has openings around Iowa, small shops arnt as good as the bigger ones. The bigger get more (equip and people)and the smaller have to get by with less but less politics. New hires get same wages but less retirement. Not bad money for Iowa but nation wide you can do better elsewhere.

grillman
02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Aquila in western Missouri. Around Kansas City. Wages arent bad and retirement is pretty good. Bunch of grouchy guys waiting for retirement. We are in the middle of being bought out by Kansas City Power and Light. 5000 dollar sign on for journeymen.

poletop22
03-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Perth Western Australia conditions are good pay is good. Always looking for more guys the boss is looking putting an add on the employment page soon...

Bigheadnc
03-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Home. aaahhhh

BigClive
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah bighead, you're right there.

Aside from my contracting work I also sell a range of components to complement a bit of lighting control software I wrote a while back. It's not a full time thing, but it trickles a little extra cash in on a steady basis. It's nice when things are quiet to be able to keep earning a living packing the components into kits as the wind and rain pound the window. :)

Never thought I'd ever have an online shop selling computerised lighting control equipment! It just kinda happened.

Line Cowboy
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Great Southwestern is a good company to work for great guys on the distribution side and the transmition side is some of the best I dont know if they are hireing or not
:cool: