PDA

View Full Version : Job well done

hotwiretamer
03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
To all you Crew Foremen out there, have you ever had a envolved job
that your crew was "hem-hawing" on getting started, because of the
complexity of it? So much that you started second guessing yourself on how to go about it, and at the end they say: "that went a lot smoother than
I thought it would go".
Pat yourself on the back! Your tailboard, planning, and experience put the "smooth" in that job.

old lineman
03-03-2007, 08:51 AM
To all you Crew Foremen out there, have you ever had a envolved job
that your crew was "hem-hawing" on getting started, because of the
complexity of it? So much that you started second guessing yourself on how to go about it, and at the end they say: "that went a lot smoother than
I thought it would go".
Pat yourself on the back! Your tailboard, planning, and experience put the "smooth" in that job.

That's a great thought.
While your asking I would like to see the respondents mention whether they solicited indeas from the crew members. I'm a firm believer that two heads are better than one. Three or four is just a bonus.
Let us know how you handle the final decision. This could be very educational and an eye openner for those leaders who are reluctant to accept imput because in some ways they think this method of approach somehow weakens their status.
The Old Lineman

scammy
03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
sounds like someone wants a pat on the back

OLE' SORE KNEES
03-05-2007, 06:35 PM
sounds like someone wants a pat on the back

LOL............................LOL

scammy
03-05-2007, 08:37 PM
soreknees and everyone else,,,,,sorry sometimes I am a ass,, we are shot handed and overworked,,,,, and sometimes it shows,,,,does anyone have a violin? ,,,love ya all ,be safe

BigClive
03-05-2007, 09:30 PM
That's a great thought.
While your asking I would like to see the respondents mention whether they solicited indeas from the crew members. I'm a firm believer that two heads are better than one. Three or four is just a bonus.
Let us know how you handle the final decision. This could be very educational and an eye openner for those leaders who are reluctant to accept imput because in some ways they think this method of approach somehow weakens their status.
The Old Lineman

And then sometimes everyone on the crew knows a different way to do it and a fight breaks out. :)

graybeard
03-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I can only speak for myself but when we start a job we talk about how we are going to do it. There is always more than one way to do almost every job so the more input the better. But, in the end its up to me how to do the job and I have to be the one who takes responsablty for everyones safety and how its done. If its screwed up its my fault and if its a job well done then its to everyones credit.