PDA

View Full Version : service jacks

Linemanblood
03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know of any good venders were I could find the nylon and service block and tackle for light pulls such as long services and etc

PA BEN
03-08-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.hallssafety.com/catalog_tools/tools.htm
This page is from Halls safety

linemanfrog
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
This is the name of a set of jacks that Klein makes. They are sweet for all light and medium weight pulling for services as well as small primary jobs. I really like the flat strap that they are made of since it does not get tangled up in itself or other things. While they are a little $$$ they seem to last a long time.

LINETRASH
03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Klien makes a single shieve "Jock Strap " with a hook and a grip to sag services.

I personally dont use it, as I can do quite well with my own brute strength or, If needed, a set of "Slack Blocks"

Even if I cannot sag the service enough on my own, which I almost always can, I only need a handline and a strong grunt to airline any wire, service, secondary, or primary.

Its all about leverage, guys.

That includes single fall, double back into the block, and triple pull for death.

All were included in the scenerio. Few will listen. Only the strong survive.

I feel sorry for guys who dont know rigging.

I respect all who are military.

I have no knowlege of battles.

I have knowlege of men.

I will defend to the death your right to express your opinion.

WHAT??? They bombed the World Trade Center?????

No More MR. Nice guy.

I am Death. Be Nice or else.

Linemanblood
03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Klien makes a single shieve "Jock Strap " with a hook and a grip to sag services.

I personally dont use it, as I can do quite well with my own brute strength or, If needed, a set of "Slack Blocks"

Even if I cannot sag the service enough on my own, which I almost always can, I only need a handline and a strong grunt to airline any wire, service, secondary, or primary.

Its all about leverage, guys.

That includes single fall, double back into the block, and triple pull for death.

All were included in the scenerio. Few will listen. Only the strong survive.

I feel sorry for guys who dont know rigging.

I respect all who are military.

I have no knowlege of battles.

I have knowlege of men.

I will defend to the death your right to express your opinion.

WHAT??? They bombed the World Trade Center?????

No More MR. Nice guy.

I am Death. Be Nice or else.

Linetrash
Trouble men dont have the luxury of grunts pulling all their wire up to them. We have to take care of our selves 98% of the time.
When you get older you work smarter not harder

PaLineman1775
03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I find that troublemen that don't have the luxury of grunts are usually(not always) the ones that cowboy it. They don't want to wait for a helper or grunt, so they violate reach rules and glove it.
Or they'll pull their guts out trying to sag something and then wonder
why the company gives em time off. These companies send you out
by yourselves to get every little bit of extra out of you, but won't
back you when you get hurt. Linework is more than a one man job.
So call for help when you need it!