PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Line Builders

WONTSTAYSILENT
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Thinking about going to work for this outfit in Wisconsin. Heard they have an open call with the hall.

Anyone know anything about them, good or bad?

tramp67
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I haven't worked for them personally, but a couple friends that had worked there were "unimpressed", to put it nicely. But, you never know for sure until you try it yourself. And the hall's never too far away if things don't work out!:D

seanm402
11-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I am at line school in Green Bay, WI at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and one of the guys that graduated last year is working for Great Lakes Line Builders and he said he really enjoys working there. I guess most of the people running the company are ex-Michels Power employees. I think one of the reasons he also likes working there is that they are getting most of the work in Wisconsin right now, so he doesn't have to work out of state. It is also my understanding that they are becoming quite the large company.

woodwalker66
11-30-2007, 02:46 PM
All the boys refer them as "Great Leakers" Line Builders, not enough tools,
banking of time so they don't have pay OT, make alot of promises and back
out of them. As for work, PieperPower, MJ,Hooper,Michel's & TrenchIt has their fair share of the work,

TRAMPLINEMAN
12-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I've heard opinions split right down the middle on Great Mistakes. Like said above, try it out for yourself. I've never worked for them myself, but I've been on jobs where they layed all our mats and they did an excellent job. By the way, right now the bigger jobs in Wisconsin are with MJ and Par.

TRAMPLINEMAN
12-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Just out of Couriosity........

Are these Union outfits?:confused:

Pieper, MJ, Michels, Great Lakes and Hooper are. I've never heard of TrenchIt.

woodwalker66
12-01-2007, 05:47 PM
TrenchIt is based out of Chicago area, is minority own company. Big in
URD market for ComED, making big push in OHL. Saw ad in T&D looking
for Journeymen Lineman, they are union. They have call out for men,at
LU 9 & LU 196.

RDawgs
12-07-2007, 08:41 PM
The company I work for has had pieper for a couple years do big Jobs in Wisconsin, I have met a few lineman they seem on the most part decent and do a good job. Great Lakes is Pretty new and do good work also. I was told they are out of the hall. I know they wouldn't be working here if they weren't. Are union makes sure of it. Other Then being new (the company) I Think great lakes is a good start. Go From There. Just an Idea.