PDA

View Full Version : 500 Kva Says So!

500 KVA
03-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I guess you just cannot get your fill. I'm willing to oblige. This will be my opportunity to express myself about you. It will be my own little World.

This is my place. What I say is all that will matter here. Come at your own risk!

Post your hearts out, but know this. I don't care what you say! It will be considered fuel for the fire. Do what you will, but know it will come right back at you. Don't get your little feelings hurt now.

500 KVA
03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Is boring most of the time. The characters who play regulars on here for the most part are boring. You need individuals such as myself to spice things up.

You can complain all you want to about how mean I am, but if it weren't for me and a couple others what would you have to talk about? Your boring assed crap that amounts to nothing.

I look at it as performing a necessary function. I am here to provoke thought and stir your natural senses. Just happens that I do it while pissing on you.

I love when there is actual information being shared. I think when a situation that arises to learn something from is the best part of this board. I love to learn. Keep it up!

Trouble is that most of you are in a stupor. Probably caused by sitting on your own head. It is further up in a few cases!

I'll take great joy in pointing that out to you individually. You know who that will be.

Meat
03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Theres a word for people like you 500kva." Lineman". Be safe

topgroove
03-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Is boring most of the time. The characters who play regulars on here for the most part are boring. You need individuals such as myself to spice things up.

You can complain all you want to about how mean I am, but if it weren't for me and a couple others what would you have to talk about? Your boring assed crap that amounts to nothing.

I look at it as performing a necessary function. I am here to provoke thought and stir your natural senses. Just happens that I do it while pissing on you.

I love when there is actual information being shared. I think when a situation that arises to learn something from is the best part of this board. I love to learn. Keep it up!

Trouble is that most of you are in a stupor. Probably caused by sitting on your own head. It is further up in a few cases!

I'll take great joy in pointing that out to you individually. You know who that will be.500KVA is not so bad... But for some reason he makes all the lineman on his truck wear crotchless carharts??? Whats that all about???

Meat
03-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I hear you really love gruntin on that crew topgroove!Be safe

BigClive
03-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey 500kV! UP YOURS!

Right flame me. Go on, lay in. I wanna be in the 500kV club. :cool:

Dave@PSE&G
03-16-2007, 10:29 PM
500KVA is not so bad... But for some reason he makes all the lineman on his truck wear crotchless carharts??? Whats that all about???

Is that the truck with the SpongeBob air freshner hanging on the mirror?

LINETRASH
03-16-2007, 11:44 PM
I can take getting blasted.

I can understand when non performers get theirs.

But how in heavens name can you evoke Spongebob????

Man, I'm getting misty... little fella frolicing under the sea...

Chasing jellyfish, hanging with his bud Patrick...

How dare you sir....

Oh the Humanity!!!!!

tramp67
03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=500 KVA;28298]Is boring most of the time. The characters who play regulars on here for the most part are boring. You need individuals such as myself to spice things up.

Sounds kinda like a hemorrhoid to me!:p

Dave@PSE&G
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I can take getting blasted.

I can understand when non performers get theirs.

But how in heavens name can you evoke Spongebob????

Man, I'm getting misty... little fella frolicing under the sea...

Chasing jellyfish, hanging with his bud Patrick...

How dare you sir....

Oh the Humanity!!!!!
It's a carryover from another thread (Dickies or Carharts). I think SpongeBob is a funny cartoon, my kid loved it. That's why I find it so amusing that SB and Gays are being linked. I don't get it. Again, I can't speak for Mr. Krabs...:rolleyes:

500 KVA
03-18-2007, 12:38 AM
I'll get to all of you. Not a problem. I'm going to do it at my leisure. You cannot rush genius.

Clive I really hate to say it, but you aren't on my enemy radar. Now If you are trying to be, you may want to step up your efforts just a bit. Otherwise you may just want to sit back and relax.

If you are indeed trying to make me angry at you, I'd have to ask. why? Just looking to piss people off for no reason? Your decision Brother. Here I am! Go for it.

My second subject I believe will be Hemmingray Insulators.

This young man wants to be a lineman. Why? We are all a bunch of assholes! He apparently knows this and still wants to be one. OKAY!

We have sort of a rocky relationship. It mostly comes from his youth and my lack of it. He wants to be a part of the brotherhood very badly. He will try a bit too hard, and maybe come off too cocky at times. This may not be a bad thing, but it may cause a reaction from me sometimes. I hate cocky people who talk with no real knowledge or experience.

I am beginning to see that Mr. Hemmingray is lacking experience, but is actually using his head, and apparently has some knowledge. Where is he getting it from? He must either do a lot of surfing on the internet, or has a library of lineman books. He has eluded to having relationships with Utility Linemen in the past. He must have been listening to them.

Mr. Brown has taken it upon himself to quiz him, and others have joined in and are helping. That is great! I will myself learn from this too. I will always try to learn what I can from everyone. I am not a know it all.

I think Brian has the dedication that is a necessity. The drive to learn, and the guts to talk shit when he really shouldn't. I guess he will be an asset to whomever he goes to work for.

That doesn't mean I won't tell him when he's f-ing up. I'd tell my own kids if I thought it wouyld keep them from getting hurt.

Attitude is everything. Just keep a good attitude and keep your eyes and ears open and listen, listen, listen! You will do fine.

What also helps is don't piss the Journeyman off. They will teach you a lot, but they can also let you rott with no help at all if they think your a dumbshit asshole. It all comes down to attitude.

Keep on learning and go for your dream kid! You may want to ask yourself why Linework is your dream though. Its a lonely road for a long while. Try to get into a Utility. The family life is so much better for you there.

Dave@PSE&G
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Try to get into a Utility. The family life is so much better for you there.

Maybe, but not by much.

LostArt
03-25-2007, 10:48 AM
I might be wrong, but getting into a utility is not going to broaden Brian's horrizons. And since I only read here and live with a lineman, I'm sure I don't know what I am talking about! And I have most likely left myself wide open for criticism for Mr. 500. Oh well, give it your best shot!! I love being entertained! :D

And who could be mad a Clive??? :confused:

topgroove
03-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I'ld like to see brian graduate high school with a 4.0 gpa get a scolarship to a major colledge! get his ba in electrical engeneering and see what happens after that! I better be nice to him on day he may be my boss

'

Orgnizdlbr
03-25-2007, 01:01 PM
I'ld like to see brian graduate high school with a 4.0 gpa get a scolarship to a major colledge! get his ba in electrical engeneering and see what happens after that! I better be nice to him on day he may be my boss

'

I said that a long time ago, nice to see an ambitious young man, he shouldnt limit himself now, he would make a good engineer!!!!!

LostArt
03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Thank you guys. It seems like I push education a bit too much. But, I'm glad you guys mentioned it. It would mean more coming from ya'll anyway.

Dave@PSE&G
03-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank you guys. It seems like I push education a bit too much. But, I'm glad you guys mentioned it. It would mean more coming from ya'll anyway.

Is the phrase "If you were smart, you'd get an education" an oxymoron?:D

Hemingray Insulators
03-26-2007, 09:21 PM
now. i know you all think that is the best for me, but i don't think i want to be an engineer. i've had a bit of "experiance" engineering stuff. in my electrical class, we've been working on programable logic to drive motors to make like say a small "car move, to follow a line or sense follow a course in a maze. it's not necisarily "engineering" per say because lots of people know how to do it, but the way they format it its to give us experiance what it is like how to engineer stuff. we have the knowledge to program it, but we have to think about how we think it should run, and thus how to program it. it it don't work you fix i till it does, and thats not my favorite thing to do. i get really frustrated after the 5th or 6th time of trying to get it to work, and i really suck at it. probably my least favorite thing to do electricity wise. so i really would prefer not to be an engineer. i know the backyard doesn't cout for real experiance, but i think its a lot more "fun" to get to build it than to draw it on paper. i like building stuff with my hands. now i think i will get a degree in something, mabey EE but only to fall on if i ever get hurt, which i hope never happens.

another thing. i'm not positive this is how it is, so don't quote me on it, but a consumers lineman and i were talking this summer, and he was askin if i'd ever want to be an engineer, that he thought i'd make a good EE. and i asked if there was a way somehow to do both. and the way i understand what he was telling me, that at least for consumers, once your an engineer your in mangment, and that means if you don't like being an engineer you cant go back down the ladder to a lineman, unless you quit, which i thinkis kinda a stupid way to do things, but thats what it sounded like.

LostArt
03-26-2007, 10:48 PM
You know Brian........it really doesn't matter what any of us "think" you should or shouldn't do. It's all about what you want to do. I personally think you should go ahead and get at least an AA. This way, you can go out and become a lineman two years after. I'm sitting here calculating how young you are still going to be even AFTER you make JL. Pretty darn young.

Enjoy learning all that you can learn. You already have a big jump on most of the men here. You have been reading and learning far more than most linemen starting out. Get out and do what you KNOW you want to do, but just get that 2 year edge on most folks. You will NOT regret getting an AA. I've yet to hear a person with a college education/degree... regretting it. NEVER. But, I haven't heard many say they regret going or finishing.

You are young now. You want to go ahead and get a big jump on your career in what you seem to love learning. There is nothing wrong with that. Not a thing. Just give education a two year shot. You won't regret it. Then get out there and learn this trade...onhands. And if you don't plan on marrying and having a family anytime soon, do some tramping or at least broaden your experience a little more in other areas of this trade.

Then when the knees start cramping, your back is aching, and the rotors need replacing, then think of ending your career in upper management....being an engineer...that actually knows what he is talking about because he has BEEN THERE and DONE that.

I know you have learned one thing about this trade, other than the mechanics part, and that is earning the respect of those in it.

Good luck Brian,

LA

tramp67
03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
AA??:confused: Is that a new support group - apprentices anonymous?:p

LostArt
03-27-2007, 06:10 AM
AA??:confused: Is that a new support group - apprentices anonymous?:p

I'd say it might help some of those working with an MA, BA, and an MDA.

MinerApes, BadassApes and those with Major*ickswithAttitude, but what do I know? http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/doh001.gif

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/fock003.gif

PA BEN
03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Then when the knees start cramping, your back is aching, and the rotors need replacing, then think of ending your career in upper management....being an engineer...that actually knows what he is talking about because he has BEEN THERE and DONE that. LA

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. What make a good engineer? The one who knows how to build an electoral system and one who can listen to a linemen in the field who does the work.:eek:

Squizzy
03-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Whats wrong with being an engineer? I have been seriously looking at doing Electrical engineering for a while and will hopefully start in a few months. I will have heaps of exemptions with my 2 trade certificates , linesman and electrician then I can keep starting arguments with the ones who don't seem to know when to listen to advice from the field.

Orgnizdlbr
03-27-2007, 11:03 AM
now. i know you all think that is the best for me, but i don't think i want to be an engineer. i've had a bit of "experiance" engineering stuff. in my electrical class, we've been working on programable logic to drive motors to make like say a small "car move, to follow a line or sense follow a course in a maze. it's not necisarily "engineering" per say because lots of people know how to do it, but the way they format it its to give us experiance what it is like how to engineer stuff. we have the knowledge to program it, but we have to think about how we think it should run, and thus how to program it. it it don't work you fix i till it does, and thats not my favorite thing to do. i get really frustrated after the 5th or 6th time of trying to get it to work, and i really suck at it. probably my least favorite thing to do electricity wise. so i really would prefer not to be an engineer. i know the backyard doesn't cout for real experiance, but i think its a lot more "fun" to get to build it than to draw it on paper. i like building stuff with my hands. now i think i will get a degree in something, mabey EE but only to fall on if i ever get hurt, which i hope never happens.

another thing. i'm not positive this is how it is, so don't quote me on it, but a consumers lineman and i were talking this summer, and he was askin if i'd ever want to be an engineer, that he thought i'd make a good EE. and i asked if there was a way somehow to do both. and the way i understand what he was telling me, that at least for consumers, once your an engineer your in mangment, and that means if you don't like being an engineer you cant go back down the ladder to a lineman, unless you quit, which i thinkis kinda a stupid way to do things, but thats what it sounded like.

Brian, I felt the same way when I was your age. But when you get to be my age, and your back hurts every morning, and your knees hurt when you stand in the tools, you'll understand. Get an education, you obviously have an aptitude for line work, put it to good use! i love linework, it's the greatest trade there is, but I am limited because I did'nt educate myself when I was younger, again dont limit yourself by putting all your eggs in one basket.

Take a poll of some of the old timers on this board, see what they have to say.....

tramp67
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Brian, I'm one of the lucky ones! I've worked industrial maintenance, powerplant operator, been to school for diesel engine repair, used to be an inside wireman doing industrial power and controls (PLC's and control work are lots of fun when you can see the end result of something practical) and troubleshooting, certified welder, etc. But I love linework!:D I do what I like though, and tramp to jobs I want to work, in places I want to work in. I've met many excellent linemen and have learned more than I thought possible, and keep learning from the different people I work with. I never feel like I have to stay on a job I don't like, or feel is unsafe. And when I get old and tired, I have all these other things to fall back on if I want to. I almost went the EE route, but I decided I wouldn't be happy behind a desk. But, when you get older, you might want to take a break- be a field engineer, or project manager, etc. It's easier to do the school thing when you are young, than try to jump back in when you get older.:cool:

Hemingray Insulators
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
well i guess what i'm trying to say, is that i'm not ruleing out college, but i'm not going to college right out of HS, i am so sick and tired of school i'm done for another 6 years or so. you would not beleive all the crap i catch at school for my "diferent" interest. every single minute of the school day SOMEONE is saying SOMETHING bad about me.all the guys just think its weird, and alway make fun of me for it and a whole bunch of other crap. been suspended 2 times in HS for fight i did not start, and in fact i never even threw a punch, yet i still got suspended. the girls, well they don't make fun of me much, but none of em like me, cuz although they don't really have a problem with me they are all worried that they will be made fun of for hanging out with me because i'm "wierd".

all this being said, i really look forward to only haveing one year left. i wanted to be done with school last year. so what i was thinking. graduate and travel around for a month or so, since i'm only 17 when i graduate for another 2 months. find out where i wanna work, and when i turn 18, sign the books at a union hall somewhere. get my apprenticeship done in about 4 years mabey less depending on how much work there is. tramp around for a few years and then find the company i want to work for that will pay for me to get a degree. which if i star when i'm 18, i'll probably make journeyman by 22, tramp til around 24 or 25 and then go to school even doing that, i will still be really young, basically i need a really big break for school..............and my parents, they are about just as bad as the kids at school. i don't think calm is a word in my dads vocabulary. every time he speaks to me he YELLS, and then wonder why i just walk away in the middle of him yellin at me and ignore him. for example. i just take out garbage, and put a new bag in. i go to my room to read, and bout 5 mins later i get YELLED at to take garbage out, because he's filled it up again with a bunch of crap, and he yells like it was supposed to be done yesterday. like i'm suposed to know that its full again within 5 mins of emptying it when i'm in my room. thats just one of the many stupid things i get yelled at over. and then on top of that i get yelled at for not spending enough time with "the family" when its like what, are you stupid? why would i want to spend time listening to you talk $h!t, you think i enjoy that? sorry, it just pisses me of how i get treated at school, and then have to come home and put up with my dad, well actually my stepdad...........not that anyone ever botherd to tell me that either, i found that out on my own when we had to have our birth certificate for drivers training. all this, and my step sister NEVER gets yelled at no matter what. sorry for the venting,
but to sum it up

I'm done with school..........for a while, and i'm definately not stayin here when i graduate.........right now i really wish i was anywhere but here. my friend from church and his family feel more like family to me than my real family...............

PA BEN
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Sounds like me growing up but I was the fat kid. My Dad was old school and I got beat for just about anything. Now my Dad is in his seventies and loves his grand kids, I have to ask myself is this the same guy that razed me? Sounds like you have a good plan. You’re a young man on his way to be a man. Life is hard in school; kids can be so cruel and have no clue of the harm they cause. But you know, look at it this way. At your 30 year reunion like mine most of them will be fat, bald, and at the same old dead end job. And you can be proud of the fact that you are a self made man {with the Lords help} who took life by the balls and became A LINEMAN the best JOB ON EARTH!!!!!! Go for it! :D :cool: :rolleyes:

LostArt
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. What make a good engineer? The one who knows how to build an electoral system and one who can listen to a linemen in the field who does the work.:eek:

Heh. Is that so far out in left field Ben? The Boss actually likes the engineer at work. I mean, as well as to be expected of an engineer, I suppose. We were talking one evening and after reading a few posts here I asked if the engineer where he worked was a *rick. He laughed so hard he got choked up. I thought while he was trying to stop choking and laughing, "Geewhiz....this guy must be a riot or something." When he calmed down a bit I asked, "So....is he a laugh or really a sh*thead or WHAT???" He still chuckled and said, "Actually Dear.....she ain't all THAT bad." He grinned harder as my eyes grew a little larger.

Brian, life is tough. My father, rest his soul, always said I could do anything I set my mind to do and I could do it better than my brothers if I had a mind to. This was also the man that put a lid on me going into the Air Force the year I was graduating. I know this is not the samething as you, but I'm just saying that our parents want the best for us. But sometimes ......we have to choose our own lives or decissions in life. My father was against me marrying the Boss. However, my mother put her foot down and said, "It is her choice, her life and she is 19 yrs old. Butt out." :D I guess you can tell where I got some of my attitude from!

You have some great advice here Brian. Not that Georgie and I know everything, it's just that...........well, hindsight is always better than foresight. Right Georgie? And no, I'm not talking about the cute little blonde you saw with the nice buns!! http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/ass020.gif

Hemingray Insulators
03-28-2007, 06:26 AM
wellllll, i guess all that i've had to go thru is my training to put up with ALL YOU GUYS:D LOL.

LostArt
03-28-2007, 06:48 AM
wellllll, i guess all that i've had to go thru is my training to put up with ALL YOU GUYS:D LOL.

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/bling1000.gif

And that will get you a big head start! LOL!

LostArt
03-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Well, we sure took over 500's thread, didn't we?????? LMAO!

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/worship012.gif

tramp67
03-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Well, we sure took over 500's thread, didn't we?????? LMAO!

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/worship012.gif

Guess he's just a sheep in wolve's clothing!:p

Dave@PSE&G
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
well i guess what i'm trying to say, is that i'm not ruleing out college, but i'm not going to college right out of HS, i am so sick and tired of school i'm done for another 6 years or so. you would not beleive all the crap i catch at school for my "diferent" interest. every single minute of the school day SOMEONE is saying SOMETHING bad about me.all the guys just think its weird, and alway make fun of me for it and a whole bunch of other crap. been suspended 2 times in HS for fight i did not start, and in fact i never even threw a punch, yet i still got suspended. the girls, well they don't make fun of me much, but none of em like me, cuz although they don't really have a problem with me they are all worried that they will be made fun of for hanging out with me because i'm "wierd".

all this being said, i really look forward to only haveing one year left. i wanted to be done with school last year. so what i was thinking. graduate and travel around for a month or so, since i'm only 17 when i graduate for another 2 months. find out where i wanna work, and when i turn 18, sign the books at a union hall somewhere. get my apprenticeship done in about 4 years mabey less depending on how much work there is. tramp around for a few years and then find the company i want to work for that will pay for me to get a degree. which if i star when i'm 18, i'll probably make journeyman by 22, tramp til around 24 or 25 and then go to school even doing that, i will still be really young, basically i need a really big break for school..............and my parents, they are about just as bad as the kids at school. i don't think calm is a word in my dads vocabulary. every time he speaks to me he YELLS, and then wonder why i just walk away in the middle of him yellin at me and ignore him. for example. i just take out garbage, and put a new bag in. i go to my room to read, and bout 5 mins later i get YELLED at to take garbage out, because he's filled it up again with a bunch of crap, and he yells like it was supposed to be done yesterday. like i'm suposed to know that its full again within 5 mins of emptying it when i'm in my room. thats just one of the many stupid things i get yelled at over. and then on top of that i get yelled at for not spending enough time with "the family" when its like what, are you stupid? why would i want to spend time listening to you talk $h!t, you think i enjoy that? sorry, it just pisses me of how i get treated at school, and then have to come home and put up with my dad, well actually my stepdad...........not that anyone ever botherd to tell me that either, i found that out on my own when we had to have our birth certificate for drivers training. all this, and my step sister NEVER gets yelled at no matter what. sorry for the venting,
but to sum it up

I'm done with school..........for a while, and i'm definately not stayin here when i graduate.........right now i really wish i was anywhere but here. my friend from church and his family feel more like family to me than my real family...............

Brian, I think that all the negativity in your life is clouding your mind. Screw the assholes at school. A year from now when you blow town, they'll just be a memory in the rearview. Unfortunately, while you live at home, you have to deal with the crap. It's the old "my house, my rules" BS.
You current plan sounds like a good one, but take it from me; the longer that you are out of school, the harder it will be to get back. Then you have to re-train yourself to be a student again. I went to college for 1 year. I was struggling, so I decided to leave school for a year or two, then go back. That was in 1985. I never made it back, and not a day goes by that I don't regret that. I have learned that it is much more prudent to work smarter, not harder.
It sounds to me like a change of scenery will do you a world of good. What I'd suggest to you is this. Try to figure out where you'd like to be, geograpically. Wanna see Hawaii? How about Austrailia? Think about what part of this blue ball of rock that you want to live in, and look for school there. Get the education out of the way. Your old hassles will be gone. New faces, new opportunities. I wish someone had given me this advice when I was 19. I would have definitely done things a little differently.
As for your current situation, just hang tough. You're almost done, and you are about to begin a new chapter in your life. You'll look back one day and realize that while there's been a lot of crap in your life, you still managed to come through with your act together. Good luck, kid.

LostArt
03-28-2007, 08:35 PM
You current plan sounds like a good one, but take it from me; the longer that you are out of school, the harder it will be to get back. Then you have to re-train yourself to be a student again. I went to college for 1 year. I was struggling, so I decided to leave school for a year or two, then go back. That was in 1985. I never made it back, and not a day goes by that I don't regret that.

Thank you Dave. :)

My son, now 25 yrs old, told me not long ago, "Mom, I wish you would have MADE me go to college." And I said, "You wouldn't listen to me or your dad darlin'."

My son is what? Eight or nine years younger than Brian and he is saying this? I'm telling you.....NO ONE EVER REGRETS going to college and getting a degree.............NO MATTER what profession they go into. I've never heard anyone say they regretted going to college. If there is one of you out there that has regretted it, would you please post!!! I want to know WHY!!

dbrown20
03-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Brian join the Air Force when you graduate HS. I'm not an ex-airforce person, but I am Navy. However the Air Force has a classification that is precisely the same as a distribution Lineman. Demand that classification. Contribute to the GI bill. They have a good school. Go in for as short an enlistment as you can. When you get out you'll be a pretty good distribution lineman. Go then to college on the GI bill. Get your double E. You will be well prepared for the future. If you want to sign the books at some union hall after college you will be well armed for whatever comes your way. Do a little high lining ,what the hell. Keep us posted on your plans. dbrown20

PA BEN
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Might be a good idea:rolleyes: My old pole partner was a lineman from the air force when he got out he took the Journeyman test at the hall and got a union card.:D

"little beaver"
03-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Might be a good idea:rolleyes: My old pole partner was a lineman from the air force when he got out he took the Journeyman test at the hall and got a union card.:D

My first Foreman was a guy named Bruce Harell who had been a lineman in the Air Force. He was a very good lineman and Foreman. He was originally from Kentucky. The last I heard he was working in Delaware. He would be about 69 yrs old today.