PDA

View Full Version : What cuts could the government save money on?

Dave@PSE&G
03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I would eliminate all matching campaign contributions that are paid with taxpayer's funds. If you want to get elected, raise the cash yourself, or write a personal check. Politicians burn through millions during an election year, a practice that would surely cease if they had to pay it themselves.

PA BEN
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
How about the women who is on welfare with kids, make them work in Government run day cares for the working women who needs to work and can’t afford day care? What about those people on welfare, mowing laws in City parks, picking up garbage on the streets. If they have to work for there money maybe they will get a real job. If you don’t work you don’t eat. They can even mow my yard:D

tramp67
03-22-2007, 11:49 PM
What would the sanitation engineers do for a job then?:confused:

CenterPointEX
03-22-2007, 11:56 PM
They could stop funding Abortion, Stop regulating States Rights, They could stop funding ALCU lawsuits against Crosses in cemetaries.

wormy
03-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I remember when helping the poor was a good thing

How about the women who is on welfare with kids, make them work in Government run day cares for the working women who needs to work and can’t afford day care? What about those people on welfare, mowing laws in City parks, picking up garbage on the streets. If they have to work for there money maybe they will get a real job. If you don’t work you don’t eat. They can even mow my yard

thrasher
03-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Instead cutting OSHA fines collect the FULL ORIGINAL amount if a company has ever been fined before. That ought to help the deficeit and make things safer both.

Dave@PSE&G
03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
I remember when helping the poor was a good thing
Worm, There's nothing wrong with helping the poor. I am a firm believer that we should help those who CAN'T help themselves. However, there are a lot of deadbeats and cheats screwing the pooch for all it's worth, day after day, year after year. I think that the way to reform welfare would be to make it mandatory that to be elegible to collect ANYTHING, you must have some type of employment. If you have a legitimate reason not to, such as medical, etc, you'd be exempted from that. Welfare would then be supplemental income, thus reducing the amount each recipient gets. Everyone still eats, taxpayers save money. If you can't find work to be elegible, the local governments could set up work crews which would clean litter on the highways, take care of munincipal properties, daycare, etc. Should you get caught cheating the system, you lose your collection priveleges for a set amount of time.
When welfare was first created, people were expected to do exactly what I propose. You had to work to collect, and the welfare check was supplemental. Somewhere along the way, it became this huge crutch to hold up a large number of people who would rather stick out their hand for a freebie instead of becoming a productive member of the system.

harley
03-24-2007, 08:40 AM
wellfare should be a hand up, not a hand out

wormy
03-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I agree with you both. I just don't know how to do it

PA BEN
03-25-2007, 08:07 AM
I think anyone who put a cross in a jar of urine is not an artist. And why as a tax payer should we pay for this.:mad: