PDA

View Full Version : Keeping in touch.

BigClive
04-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Just out of interest. How many of you still try to access the Internet when you're working away from home? I've got a laptop that I lug about with me, but for my trip to Oz I'm planning on taking a palm computer with integrated WiFi so I can access my email from wireless hotspots. (It's a Palm Tungsten TX.)

The full laptop has been useful in the past because you can often find an open network somewhere and then use something like Skype to call home. Not sure if I can use Skype on the palm unit though.

Stinger
04-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Big Clive, If I am going to on the road more than a week, I'll take my lap top. It makes life easier. Also use to do all my time reports and other paper work on the job when I am away, just e-mail everyday. That way I am sure the crew pay sheets are in on time and accurate.

topgroove
04-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Dual Band (800MHz CDMA/1900MHz PCS)
1xEVDO/1xRTT
Microsoft Windows Mobile™ 5.0
Wireless Sync
MiniSD Card expansion slot
Connect with Bluetooth® (using certain profiles)*
Side-Out QWERTY Keyboard
1.3 Megapixel Camera/Camcorder
Windows Media Player 10
Speakerphone
TTY Compatible
Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3
For details on Hearing Aid Compatibility, select this link
Meets FCC SAR limit. Manufacturer's highest FCC reported SAR 0.0987 at ear, 1.098 on body. Actual SAR may vary
*The XV6700 supports the Wireless Headset and Handsfree Bluetooth Profiles. It does not support object transfer (OBEX) profiles. Accessories sold separately. See Bluetooth for details

I'm on vacation with my family in sunny South Florida right now and using this XV6700 Pocket PC I love this thing

Squizzy
04-09-2007, 02:42 AM
If all else fails there quite a few internet cafes around especially in the CBD, some of my friends operate their own wireless servers from their houses shouldn't have any access issues...

LINETRASH
04-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Clive, ya big lug,

I made the mistake of traveling to France without my laptop.

It was amazing how much money I could have saved had I bothered.

I'm not sure about OZ, is that Australia?

The average internet cafe here and elswhere charge minimal for using your own pc.

Here, you can just park near a Starbucks with your laptop/wireless card and surf like murf.

As much info is available on the net , it offers an advantage to us travelers....

If you ever venture into Miami, look me up, that goes for all yall!!!