PDA

View Full Version : Einstein & Faith

CenterPointEX
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Einstein was an intriguing fellow. A lot of folks misunderstand his ramblings because he thought on a quantum plane. His description of things were piercing.
"I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. My God created laws that take care of that. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws."

I can see in this, an understanding of God, by Einstein. Einstein understood that God is unchanging. God is God. And thus because of His immutability it is not necessary for Him to reward or punish... For rewards and punishments are already part of the immutability of God. Einsteins thoughts on God were most marvelous in nature. For they were not content to dwell in a cursory expanse, but rather he strove to delve into the molecular sphere. In this sphere he became most awed by the essence of God to the Point that he ridiculed those who tagged themselves atheists.

quote=Swamprat;29624]""Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible laws and connections, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious." The Bible states Swamp, that the Heavens declare the Glory of God... Einstein restated that in the above words.

LostArt
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
But Einstein's answer was to look upon free will as something that was useful, indeed necessary, for a civilized society, because it caused people to take responsibility for their own actions. "I am compelled to act as if free will existed," he explained, "because if I wish to live in a civilized society I must act responsibly." He could even hold people responsible for their good or evil, since that was both a pragmatic and sensible approach to life, while still believing intellectually that everyone's actions were predetermined.

From what I have gathered through many years of hearing His Word and reading His Word, that we are all predestined or foreordained. Meaning God knows already if our will is to accept Him or not. Which the concept of free will is for us to accept Him. Our choice. What has always facinated me is that He knows our choice even before we do.
And yet, God still gives us a choice to make up our own hearts and mind.

"I am compelled to act as if free will existed," he explained, "because if I wish to live in a civilized society I must act responsibly."

Sure, we can all follow the laws of our land and the 10 commandments which were first given by God. But until we accept who He really is and why he came, how are we to reap the many benefits in which He promises us, unless we accept Him for who He is?

And THAT is the greatest joy. He wants it for us all. Yet, not all will accept what He has to offer.

CenterPointEX
04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Thus the battle royal on pre determination v.s. free will L.A.... My personal position is that we have free will within bounds. As a tiger has free will to roam about its cage. God has set boundaries within which we are free. Even as our children are free to do as they please within our boundaries. Within Gods will we are free. Gods boundaries are limitless... As we know the past God knows the future. Our knowledge of the past is non effectual of the past. Even though we know it, we no longer can have any cause on it. God sees the future. God is unchanging... He will not force us to accept Him against our will... A forced friend is not a friend in the image of God... in that we can program a robot... The robot will be always just a robot and not a friend. Einstein was a strong willed fella to say the least... I would like to think that at some Point Einstein accepted our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as his Lord... Cause I would like to meet him someday.

CHICAGO HAND.
04-10-2007, 06:20 AM
If you can handle some heavy reading get the book "SHOW ME GOD" by
Fred Heeren. if you are an athiest bewar you wont be for long.It is not a bible thumping book ,but a science thumping book.
Good reading boys and girls, there will be a test.

CenterPointEX
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
He did mention Jesus Swamp...

CenterPointEX
04-11-2007, 08:38 AM
What he said about Jesus was, that his words in the new testament were those of the living and not of the dead. The words of the Greek gods were those of dead men. Einstein understood a glimpse of the nature of God. Swamp being a retard makes you no more able to accept Jesus than does being a genius. Thats the beauty of the gospel. Though Einstein understood at least in his middle years... he refused to accept Gods sovereign rule over his soul. He knew better than to believe that life was Pointless.