PDA

View Full Version : IP Numbers and Usernames---FYI

LostArt
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Hello...it's me again. Heh.

Hope those of you lurkin' around decide to register and at least read some of the threads and participate with those that are in the same trade as you. Many of you have been here much longer than I... and have mastered the technology of posting on a message board. Then there are some that just like reading the threads here without typing a word.... and there is nothing wrong with that either.

There are two usernames that are located on my computer that have posted on this message board. One is the Boss and the other is mine. But, both show the IP# as being the same. This is okay if you have two people that share the same computer and post on the same site. At least I think it's "okay" here. If it's not, well.........then we have a problem Houston! :eek: :D And I'll have to work something out with Byron. But, most of the time it's not....in my few years of experience on some MB's, it's not been a problem.

There are probably some that might have one or more usernames. Some of you might have more than one IP# (the number assigned to your computer)....meaning you might be using the same "handle" (username) on two different computers or a different handle for both computers. But, if you are using multiple usernames from the same computer, it can be tracked. This can only be tracked by an administrator or moderator here on the site.

As Swamp as always said, it's nice that we can use the freedom to express our opinions, ideas and/or debate on different issues here without any or hardly any moderation. I also agree. That is what is so unique about this site. However, you might want to think twice about abusing this privilege. A privilege that we all should appreciate and share.

Why did I share this? Oh.......**tongue in cheek**.....I just thought maybe some of you might benefit from this knowledge. Oh, I know....I'm becoming a bit fisty, but sometimes....it might be warranted, however, I sincerely hope that I don't offend or become rude. There are times when some of the threads become heated. More heated than I WANT to read! LOL! But, all I do....is vacate the thread. It's a linemen site. I know this. And I sure do appreciate the answers and your support in my being here. It means alot. I do have a life outside these threads and some of you might know it, but I'm the same here as I am outside of this computer.

Enough on the lastest FYI. How are some of you doing with the smilies? :D

tramp67
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/drink013.gif