PDA

View Full Version : Lineboots

jimmyjames
04-20-2007, 09:17 PM
What make line boots do you guys prefer? I know it's a matter of personal prefrence, and am just curious what's most popular. Also, tall or short boots which do you like? Do you wear different boots for basic work, climbing or competing in rodeos?
I'm looking for some good lineboots for climbing and rodeos. Any input greatly appreciated.

graybeard
04-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I've tried different brands but the best for climbing is got to be Hoffmans in 10''

tramp67
04-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Redwing lineman boots, made in USA!:cool:

BigClive
04-21-2007, 12:12 PM
So what are the pro's and cons of long or short boots? I'm guessing the longer boots will provide more leg support.

Don't you guys find that your feet melt in some of these boots?

LostArt
04-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Don't you guys find that your feet melt in some of these boots?

They also smell really bad too! http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif :D

graybeard
04-21-2007, 10:20 PM
The tall boots are suppose to help keep the top pad from rubbing your leg raw,thats what the 16'' are for. 10'' is plenty of ankle support.

cj28
05-16-2007, 01:53 PM
west coast boot are the cadilliac for climbing poles long is what i prefer

LINETRASH
05-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Get short ones, you'll be hapier.

Long ones may look sexy with your jeans tucked in 'em, but really offer no benefit.

I special ordered 18" wesco's and they still didnt come up far enough help with my top pad.

"c" pads helped the most .

I have also heard of guys having an extra arch support shank put in their boots.

Most of all, lineboots are very expensive, so keep 'em in the bin and wear kmart boots on the ground. They will last a lot longer that way, And never climb steel with 'em.

RWD
05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Cant beat em ... Custom built and I think they run about $450.00 now days. (Tall if your climbing a lot (daily) short if your a clumbsum bucket calf or hike once in awhile.)

White feel like your barefoot and don't weigh too much.

RWD

zapman3021
05-17-2007, 07:48 AM
well here in Australia we pretty much wear anything providing it has a heal and a steel cap toe the boot must also at least reach the ankle myself i prefer a boot that just slips on and off without laces as the last thing i want to do in the morning is bend over and do up laces but then again the need for lace ups over here is not as crucial as we don't use climbing irons any work we do outside of an E.W.P (cherry picker ) is done off ladder

tolex42
05-17-2007, 10:02 PM
18 inch Red Wings. Take them to a shoemaker right out-of-the-box and have him put on a double sole. When you're in your hooks, it feels like you're standing on your kitchen floor, almost!

mullet man
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
i have a pair of 8" Redwings for ground work and 16" Halls for the wood.

my oldman just got rid of a pair of 16" Halls that he had worn daily for the last ~25yrs and replaced them with 16" Hoffmans. he says the Hoffmans are the greatest pair he has ever owned...but what does he know, they're only his 2nd ;)
like a well taken care of baseball mit, good boots will last a career and then some.

then there is also
Dayton
White
Westco

one of those, cant remember which, on their website has a sheet you print out to draw your foot profile around and they custom build a boot to your foot 'specs'.

a78jumper
06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Viberg Lineman here, see www.workboot.com.

linescum
06-08-2007, 07:31 PM
i get mine at the shoe factory outlet in the next town they make all kinds and brands.. most people don't know it but boots and shoes are all made at the same factory and they just stick different tags on them....i should know i worked there for 10 years before the linegods called me