PDA

View Full Version : Accident Shelby NE

Ghostrider
05-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Anyone know about this?

A power pole slipped and hit live lines that workers were repairing in the town of Shelby in Polk County on Friday. The accident left three men in critical condition at the St. Elizabeth Hospital burn unit in Lincoln.

The workers were setting a pole when it struck a 69,000 volt line.

The workers have been doing repairs on the lines in and around Shelby since the ice storm earlier this year. NTV will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

ssgerken
05-14-2007, 07:48 PM
We were told at work today that they contacted 7200, but not many more details were available. I'll let you know if we hear anything else.

Ghostrider
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
3 utility line workers improve to fair condition
By the Lincoln Journal Star
Monday, May 14, 2007 - 05:27:44 pm CDT
Three utility workers are in fair condition at a Lincoln hospital after being injured setting utility poles in Shelby on Friday night.

William Dimond of Osceola, John Bishop of Oakdale and Eric Miller of Creighton were taken to a hospital in Osceola and later taken by helicopter to Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center due to their injuries, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies were called to the west end of town at about 6:30 p.m. when one of the utility poles made contact with live power. Rescue workers from Shelby, Osceola and Rising City came to help. Their conditions since have been upgraded to fair, according to Jo Miller, a hospital spokeswoman.

tramp67
05-20-2007, 10:31 PM
My thoughts go out to our brothers. I wish them a quick recovery.