PDA

View Full Version : apprentice burned

TexasNightTrain
08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Caught word today that an ape from local 66 went phase to ground on 7200.
Dont know a lot of details other than two apprentices where at a padmount. 1st apprentice says "well, he said that it is dead but maybe we better check it." 2nd apprentice says, " if he said that it is dead then it is dead." 2nd apprentice reaches into the primary compartment and grabs the cable. Underground was not dead. Dont know if it was dead front elbow or live front termination and dont know the condition of this boy yet. I worked for 3 weeks with him and even though I hate sayin this I am surprised that it didnt happen sooner. He was constantly told to always put on his harness or hard hat or gloves. He tried cutting the top side of cutout that was still closed feeding a 75kva pot with me in the bucket with him. That was the last time he was in the bucket with me and that was 5months ago. He drug up not too long after that. He is a pain in the ass, but I sure hope for the best for him with a hard lesson learned. Will probably know more tomorrow with the safety stand down in the morning.

Koga
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
someone else Ive seen on these boards. I hope the young man makes it and can work. Please keep us posted on anymore details.

Koga