PDA

View Full Version : Nstar truck kills 13 year old

loodvig
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
A Walpole middle school student was killed yesterday afternoon when she was struck by an Nstar utility truck.

The 13-year-old victim, Justine Trainor, whose name was released last night by WHDH-TV, was riding her bike alongside Route 1-A when she was hit and dragged by a Nstar truck as the driver was pulling into the company’s driveway at 1477 Main St.

“She was a happy kid and she was just enjoying life,” said John Trainor of Ohio, an uncle to the victim, who received the news from family over the phone. Relatives in Walpole could not be reached.

Trainor was a student at Johnson Middle School in Walpole, where grief counselors will be available for students today. According to relatives, little Justine was an active child who loved dance.

“This is something that every parent worries about and something that every driver is concerned about,” Tom May, president of Nstar, said in a statement released last night. “The driver of the vehicle is a long-standing Nstar employee who is extremely distraught over the loss of this young girl’s life.”

According to Deputy Chief Scott Bushway of the Walpole Police Department, no charges were brought against the driver as of yesterday. Nstar is reportedly cooperating with Walpole and state police within the investigation.

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1032253

LostArt
09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Gracious, that is sad. I worry about kids crossing in front of vehicles. It's worse in a school zone. I am always down to a slow crawl during those intersections, but still......you never know when a child will dart out in front of you.

Prayers out to the families.

Koga
09-18-2007, 07:19 PM
family and for the driver .I know the brother will never be the same. I know it would kill me to have something like that happen.

Koga

dirtdobber
09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
thats my biggest.may GOD be with both familys during this trying time.

Squizzy
09-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Thats very sad sad news indeed thoughts and prayers with the girls' family and for the driver...

Gracious, that is sad. I worry about kids crossing in front of vehicles. It's worse in a school zone. I am always down to a slow crawl during those intersections, but still......you never know when a child will dart out in front of you.

Prayers out to the families.

Do you in the US have "School Zones" as a traffic zone? Meaning that over here we have areas of school crossings and around schools that in the morning and afternoon the speed limit around schools start and finish time is lowered to 40km/hr (roughly 25mph).

Orgnizdlbr
09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Sad news, prayers for the families involved

sarh99
09-26-2007, 09:21 PM
We have them, its 20 mph, but it doesnt do andy good if some idiots dont care enough to slow down and be careful. Always in to much of a rush.

Dorchester
09-28-2007, 03:05 PM
We have them, its 20 mph, but it doesnt do andy good if some idiots dont care enough to slow down and be careful. Always in to much of a rush.

Was not in a school zone. The poor brother driving is a tremendous individual who served 2 tours in Nam. On the downside of his career and is now going to live with this for the rest of his life. The poor bastard is devastated. Be careful who you call idiot.

sarh99
09-30-2007, 02:57 AM
I was replying to a question asked by Squizzy. Did not mean to nor will I say anything against this man.