PDA

View Full Version : To all.

PA BEN
12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
We in the northwest are having a wind storm now and more to come. 12/3/07. I just heard on the news this morning that last night out of Aberdeen WA. Two line workers up in a bucket were hit by a tree and rode the bucket/tree to the ground. There ok according to the news. If I hear more I’ll post it. We are expecting 100 mph winds today on the Washington coast. Let’s stay safe and watch out for each other. Last year’s wind storm hit last December and the line crews had to be called back in because of trees coming down. We also lost a tree trimmer in the Seattle area durning last years storm. A tree took a power pole to the ground. The pole was laying there like an arrow on a loaded bow. When the crews freed the pole the butt took off and hit the tree trimmer killing him. I say again, be safe and watch out for each other.

chaz33
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
damn that is like hurricane winds . do be careful and watch out for each other .

PA BEN
12-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Extensive storm damage along Washington, Oregon coast
By The Associated Press

Winds gusting to 81 mph blew trees onto roads and across power lines as drenching rain pelted the Washington coast, bringing a danger of flooding across much of the western part of the state.

The Grays Harbor County Public Utility District (PUD) reported 33,000 customers without electricity today, and most major roads in Grays Harbor and Pacific counties were closed or blocked, including U.S. Highways 12 and 101. At one point this morning nearly every road into Aberdeen was closed or blocked.

Two PUD workers trying to restore service were injured, one seriously in a 40-foot fall, when a windblown tree hit a lift truck bucket Sunday night, sheriff's Deputy David A. Pimentel said. Both were hospitalized, one with head injuries and the other with back injuries.

Rescuers used chain saws and dodged falling trees to clear the way for an ambulance to the scene, Sheriff Michael J. Whelan said.

"It was very dicey," Whelan said, adding that he had to be picked up by a patrol car after a falling tree smashed his truck in the driveway at his home.

"In 30 years of law enforcement, it's as bad as I've ever seen," Whelan said.

Whelan said all access to the western part of Grays Harbor County was blocked.

"We have trees and power lines down literally all over the county and they're blocking the roadways," he said. "The wind so far has not abated. It's been extremely strong."

Crews won't be able to reopen the roads until the wind dies down, Whelan said, though officials are trying to get some emergency routes open.

Repair crews were pulled off the roads and streets early today because of the continuing hazard, PUD officials said.

Doug Barker, managing editor of The Daily World in Aberdeen, said the newspaper had no electricity and only one reporter was able to get to work this morning. "We're powerless and trying to figure out how to print today," he said.

electric squirrel
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Are they looking for hands?? Who , Where? E.S.:cool:

Koga
12-03-2007, 07:50 PM
in the bucket is going to be OK . Yall be safe up there and don't fly your buckets in wind that strong.

Koga

Bull Dog
12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I Would Be In The Barn Till It Calms Down.

Bull Dog
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I WOULD BE IN THE BARN TILL IT CALMS DOWN. ES is always up for a little extra cash!

PA BEN
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Are they looking for hands?? Who , Where? E.S.:cool:

Call Local 77 in Seattle about the work. The whole coast from Oregon up in to Washington was hit hard. 124 mph winds in Oregon up to 100 in Washington.
As far as for the linemen in the buckets. Our boss told us today that at 10:00pm last night a tree hit the boom and broke both buckets off the boom. The two lineman rode with the tree to the ground.

BigClive
12-04-2007, 06:57 AM
I WOULD BE IN THE BARN TILL IT CALMS DOWN. ES is always up for a little extra cash!

Nah, ES wants to ride the storm like a bronco. :)

Worst winds are the ones that surge. You go up in the bucket while it's calm then suddenly all hell lets loose while you're up there. You can either try to go down or hold onto whatever you were working on until it passes.

Personally I quite enjoy the more "rugged" weather.

Orgnizdlbr
12-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Stay safe PA

linemanswife
12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
My husband called 125 and 77. Both were rude as hell and he asked 125 about what was there and was told we have five eights but you don't want that. The Hall's did this same thing when he went on storm there last year. The local hand's told him that the Halls there don't like tramps and try to keep them out.

Bull Dog
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Pls Take It To The Ladies Lounge.

PA BEN
12-04-2007, 09:10 PM
My husband called 125 and 77. Both were rude as hell and he asked 125 about what was there and was told we have five eights but you don't want that. The Hall's did this same thing when he went on storm there last year. The local hand's told him that the Halls there don't like tramps and try to keep them out.

What does five eights mean?:o

Bull Dog
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I think shes trying to say five eight hour days for straight time pay.

woody
12-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Both lineman were in a elevated position in a bucket. Tree came down and broke the boom. (forty feet est.) both ejected(wearing harnesses...that failed). Both taken to the hospital...one released and one currently still in the hosp. in stable condition but has injuries. The crew was on storm response and doing their job....BIG GUST Of WIND came up and they were in a world of shit right now!. Easy for others to say why this happened...it did and now we have brother in the hospital trying to get the lights on. doing his job just like the rest of us. Talked to a union rep...sounds like it was a freak deal. woody

woody
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Don't know who talked to who...will say this...local 77 WILL fill the calls for any journeyman lineman that has a union card and a travel letter of introduction. Had lots of travelers here last year and always welcome them when the call goes out. two years ago I went to florida to help and did'nt get no respect from the airlines with the weight of my baggage. Payed out of pockect...there and back... no problem. Just want to get the lights on. Will say this ... the outage of power (here in wash.) is very small...small enough that my fellow union brothers are doing their daily jobs and haven't even been asked to help. So there is no calls for storm here at the hall. woody

77liner
12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Check out the Local 77 web sight for more info

PA BEN
12-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Check out the Local 77 web sight for more info
http://www.ibew77.com/