PDA

View Full Version : Cut-outs And Picking Up Lots Of Load....

johnbellamy
01-09-2008, 11:50 PM

CHICAGO HAND.
01-12-2008, 06:48 AM
I still like the pogo stick myself.
I like big bangs and fire just but only when I know it's coming and when I am in control or far away.

Patriot
01-12-2008, 11:55 AM
We have been having one in 50 cutouts, after the fuse is in the tube, and you hang it in the cutout, the door/tube won't close! THe spring plate at the top does not allow it, the top of the door/tube, or cap hits the spring plate. THese are new out of the box. We dry run them all now.

PA BEN
01-12-2008, 01:35 PM
We have been having one in 50 cutouts, after the fuse is in the tube, and you hang it in the cutout, the door/tube won't close! THe spring plate at the top does not allow it, the top of the door/tube, or cap hits the spring plate. THese are new out of the box. We dry run them all now.

What brand and type of cutout are you using?

CenterPointEX
01-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Ditto on the what brand question...I hate "AB Chance cutouts with a passion... There is nothing good about them except they are one third the price of a kearney. They are hard to hang. They are hard to open, they are hard to get out of the saddle... on occasion when they blow hard they come out of the saddle and come after you... the stupid little pins that hold the spring guts in on top of the switch sometimes are defective and for the most part in my humble opinion will never make it thirty years like a kearney will.

woody
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
dry run all cut-outs w/highside off before closing after restoring power or simple re-fusing. also remove high side before removing fuse barrel...especially on oh/ug risers...if cable is bad or faulted you may see or experiance a fire that wont go out right away. same thing on a ug/oh riser...take the high side off first then remove the barrel...still some upfeeds on the puget sound energy system here. not all are properly labeled UG FEED!!! woody

polerunner
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Take the riser off and move in for a close inspection of the cutout too. Watch your limits of approach of course. This is a simple step. Some of the sectionalizers need resetting and a new firing pin installed. I heard about one of our absent minded Linemen close one with out resetting it. It was like putting a new fuse in and forgetting to wind the tail around the bottom of the cutout. It fell open. Need I say more !!!!!!! We get paid peanuts for what we do. If you need a bucket or more help, then get it. I will not risk my brothers or my life to rush an outage or for some office idiot. WE ARE IN CONTROL. Don't forget it. :D