PDA

View Full Version : need advice

necpoletop
01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
been with a co-op 2 yrs,went to pole climbing school,enrolled in nw linemans college at work,worked in the bucket on dead lines,new lines,currently im the main digger operator there,how long do you think it will take to be a jouneyman lineman,i know its all about safety,but im willing to wait and do it right,nobody wants to climb, i ask the foreman everyday if he needs me to climb,i love what i do and do what i love,any advice,by the way im 38

texas1
02-18-2008, 11:53 AM
benn a lineman for 14 yrs,sounds to me like your doing it right,all i can say is dont give up and be persistant,i promise it will happen

newbie22
02-18-2008, 01:40 PM
When are you going to NLC? Are you working for a contractor who does'nt offer an apprenticeship?

necpoletop
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
When are you going to NLC? Are you working for a contractor who does'nt offer an apprenticeship?

Im taking it the course through the co-op i work for, im midway on the second module,study the book at home,and take test at work.there are a total of 4 modules.or 40 test.

markwho
02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
What company provides your course materials. I had done mine through ICS and received my certificate after 4 yrs. I had done strictly books and testing. Our course has since changed and includes videos along with book work and then a test. I can't really remember the name of our vendor, but think it is NUS.
Mark

necpoletop
02-24-2008, 04:05 PM
What company provides your course materials. I had done mine through ICS and received my certificate after 4 yrs. I had done strictly books and testing. Our course has since changed and includes videos along with book work and then a test. I can't really remember the name of our vendor, but think it is NUS.
Mark

They are from Northwest lineman college,and its a 4 year course,you can finish the books as fast as you can do them,but you will still have to complete your hours