PDA

View Full Version : Nifty Lift Warning

Squizzy
02-08-2008, 07:14 AM
The local utility has withdrawn from service all Nifty Lift buckets model NLK-140 as one malfunctioned while being elevated and didn't stop resulting in 2 lineman being seriously injued when contact was made with the high voltage line. Info is still sketchy and I have also heard of a near miss with a another Nifty Lift with a utility contractor bucket doing the same thing (different model !?)but the Line was dead on this occassion I will post more info when I get it. Due to the location the HV line that was hit would most likely have been 33kV.

Tshooter
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Is this a truck mounted bucket or a back yard machine? I havent heard of this brand name.Thx for the info.

Squizzy
02-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Its a truck mounted unit and being the weekend it may be a few days before I can get more info...

Squizzy
02-19-2008, 07:20 AM
The incident report came out and didn't say much that I didn't already know except the model number was different from what I was originally told its NL140RKT http://www.nifty-lift.com.au/truck.html the exact cause of why the bucket failed to stop elavating is still being investigated. Looking at their home page and vehicle mounted buckets there is a link to a "parent" company in the UK so these buckets may not just be in Australia....