PDA

View Full Version : So, I went test driving yesterday.............

LostArt
03-01-2008, 10:03 AM
This is what I want:
* something sporty
* something with either a sun roof or convertable
* a smooth ride
* a luxury ride
* a comfortable ride
* a daily rider that I love
It has to be:
* used
* low milage
* never been smoked in
* not over 25K

I don't mind my Sports Trac, but I'm not "in love" with it either. It's a nice ride, but it's not "ME". I don't know why it's so hard for my husband to understand that I want a nice sporty ride. I'm so tired of settling for something HE thinks I would be happy in. (I love ya dear, but this is my daily driver!)

These are the cars I drove:
Volvo (it was a nice ride)
BMW (I wasn't impressed with it---a rough ride)
Infinity (that was the roughest ride I ever took! Awful---but it looked sporty)
Caddy (wow. Very nice)
Charger ( great ride )

I think the best, as far as a nice comfortable ride, was the Caddy (CTS). However, the red Charger was a close call. OMG........it could get on it! And it was sharp. :yup: But, the Boss is going to cry, "No Dodge."

Do you guys have any suggestions on another ride I should try? :cool:

loodvig
03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
It doesn't look like your looking for good gas mileage! Good luck!

LostArt
03-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, loodvig.....I'm not getting something that I feel trapped in or feel like a canned sardine! :D

Have ya tried the Chrysler 300? That's a sharp lookin ride.

A friend has a CTX and he really loves it.

No, but does this Chrysler 300 have a sun roof? I want to feel the sun and the breeze if I feel the need. :D

Plus it did occur to me that even though this is basically my DD, I would like for the Boss to look nice if he is driving it. I know it's crazy, but if we make trips and he is driving, I would want him to feel comfortable in it also. Know what I mean?

I think what you have mentioned Swamp sounds like him as long as it doesn't come in pink or yellow. :D

Bigheadnc
03-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Tracy, I found a ride!! it meets all your tough criteria:

This is what I want:
* something sporty
* something with either a sun roof or convertible
* a smooth ride
* a luxury ride
* a comfortable ride
It has to be:
* used
* low milage
* never been smoked in
* not over 25K

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/bigheadnc/horse.jpg

BigClive
03-01-2008, 09:23 PM
How about a Tesla Electric car?

0-60 in less than four seconds.
135 mpg equiv.
220 miles per charge.

Really high price!

http://www.teslamotors.com/

LostArt
03-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Tracy, I found a ride!! it meets all your tough criteria:

This is what I want:
* something sporty
* something with either a sun roof or convertible
* a smooth ride
* a luxury ride
* a comfortable ride
It has to be:
* used
* low milage
* never been smoked in
* not over 25K

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/bigheadnc/horse.jpg

LOL! Oh, I'm gonna look hawt riding that stud! Hehehe......

Or....are you making fun of the Ford Mustang? :D I haven't rode in those yet, but I'll get to it.

Thanks Swamp, I'm gonna give that one a go too.

JAKE
03-02-2008, 09:26 AM
LOL! Oh, I'm gonna look hawt riding that stud! Hehehe......

Or....are you making fun of the Ford Mustang? :D I haven't rode in those yet, but I'll get to it.

Thanks Swamp, I'm gonna give that one a go too.

now that would be green power right?? that tesla car is pretty cool but the 6 figure price tag can buy alot of fuel!! hmm at least an electric car i could charge at work...

im about to start ridin my horse back and forth to the shop im only 6 miles!! but i think im gonna be goin to pedal power here soon with diesel at like $3.50 a gallon
i have no advice on cars all i have ever had is trucks my ole 97 F350 nice smooth ride on airbags all the way around, comfortable interior quiet, 490 rwhp, 15-18mpg, 13.2 second quarter mile at 101mph.

Stinger
03-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey Lost Art, That ride that Big Head showed, its free, all you have to do is go the Virginia, North Carolina shores and catch it, tame it, feed it, stable it, pay vet bills, etc, Guess what, a new car is cheaper. But on the light side, I've never seen anything more wild and free than them horses on the shoreline. When I lived down there I always took long walks on the shore and you would see the wild horses running on the shoreline on occasions.

Koga
03-02-2008, 11:34 AM
there's always http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2008_Motorcycles/2008_Motorcycles.jsp?locale=en_US&swfsection=model&swffamily=to&swfmodel=flhx or if ya want to go for long trip http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2008_Motorcycles/2008_Motorcycles.jsp?locale=en_US&swfsection=model&swffamily=to&swfmodel=flhtcu . You'd look good on one. And the boss can just hang on. But if it has to be four wheels the old classic Mercedes SLs are the ticket. I swear I'm gonna get me one one day.

LostArt
03-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey Jake. Hey Stinger. A horse, huh? I think they are beautiful creatures...really! I do! However, I've rode horses and I'd rather take my chances on something I have control over! Long stories...but I know ONE THING... I really don't like eating shit!

My last 2 rides were trucks. The one before that was a 96 Jeep Cherokee. I've done the economy thing. I've owned two Honda Civics before the Jeep.

I just figured since the boss has a 4x4 2005 Silverado, why do we both need trucks?

You'd look good on one.

And the boss can just hang on

LMAO! Koga, the boss and I went down this road before and both of us decided on the jeep. :D

LostArt
03-02-2008, 11:53 AM
But if it has to be four wheels the old classic Mercedes SLs are the ticket. I swear I'm gonna get me one one day.

Oops! Caught you editing. :D

Yeah. Mercedes. I'll try that one too.

Okay......so far, I need to try a the Chrysler 300, a Mustang, and a Mercedes SL.

Got it. Any other suggestion guys? And it's no on the bike (I live 24 mi. from my job), or a moped. Becides, it does rain in Florida and it still gets a little chilly. :D

T-Saw
03-03-2008, 07:52 AM
My wife has been looking for a " sportier " car too. She said she is tired of being a minivan mom. Our oldest is headed off to college ,so I guess we won't need quite as much room. We drove a 300 this weekend and I can say , they are very nice, and I do like the looks of them. The Chrysler guy told us that the charger and 300 are built on the same chassis, but the 300 is designed for a little smoother ride . I haven't checked into it yet , but it would seem logical . My wife stil wants to drive a charger, and I wouldn't mind it either, but we have a hard time finding them around here , unless they are the top end models that run about 32K on up to 35Kfor new, and you very rarely see a quality used one at a dealership.( there are lots of 07 300s with less than 10,000 to 18,000 miles for under 23,000$ , around here )
I talked to the local Dodge dealer here, and he is going to be getting a new charger in shortly , and he said he will let us know when it gets here ( my guess is , my wife will be driving by there everyday, until it is in , and SHE will be letting me know LOL ) He also suggested on the lower end of what we were looking at to try the Dodge Avenger, it looks to me like a no frills mini charger . The wife is gonna pick one up on Tues. and take it for a spin. ( my guess is it will not be quite big enough or smooth enough , but maybe I'll be suprised. ) They seem to run about 19 K on up to 25k pretty well loaded.

As for the mustang, it would be nice , but not for us, we still have 2 kids at home and I'm afraid they would be a little cramped.

Well I gotta run.... but definitely try the 300.

Koga
03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
refering to when I said a "classic" SL ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Mercedes-560SL-with-33-318-original-miles_W0QQitemZ220203744455QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m220203744455. I always thought they were some fine cars . Maybe one day I'll have one.

T-Saw
03-05-2008, 06:27 AM
well the wifey got to drive a Charger.( she still hasn't tried the avenger,).......looks like that's what we will be getting. I must admit , that it was fun to drive , and it did ride very nicely. Now all I have to do is see if I can find one with the available options I want.( of course I meant, " the available options that SHE wants ") lol

LostArt
03-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, that's cool T-Saw. I'll try a merecedes Koga.

No, I've not been test driving anymore this weekend. Not good weather really. Even the Boss was called out this morning due to the high winds and worked all day. That makes 3 times he has done some overtime in the last 2 weeks. They kept him late two days, but today was the first callout he had. It has to be pretty bad for them to call him being a foreman.

You boys stay safe during these storms.

PA BEN
03-09-2008, 09:40 AM
You should test drive one of these. 5.7 HEMI, Mega cab. You don't have to buy just give it a test drive.:D
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/105_0963.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/105_0965.jpg

LostArt
03-09-2008, 07:49 PM
That's nice Ben, but I'm going for a car. I don't need another truck. :D

Hemingray Insulators
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
LOL< Hey LA you should try the 2008 C-6 Corvette convetible (or are they on C-7 now) LOL now THAT is a nice ride lol.i got to drive a 2007 C-6 convertible..........silver for a week earlier this year. lol. and man was it nice:cool:
Plus it was good for pickin up chicks :D lol, now that was like the best week ever so far lol.
oh, and BTW a 2006 corvette was the first car i ever drove in my life lol, when i was 15 lol, but thats a long story.

BigClive
03-09-2008, 10:22 PM
However, I've rode horses and I'd rather take my chances on something I have control over! Long stories...but I know ONE THING... I really don't like eating shit!

I'll bet you didn't get dragged a considerable distance behind the horse with your right foot stuck in the stirrup though! The horse in question was called Charlie and they even mentioned that he was "quite a character" before putting me on him, whereupon he promptly threw me off and galloped away with me in tow. I sometimes wonder how I managed to keep myself away from his hooves. I do know that I was "running" on my hands behind him for what seemed like an eternity until my foot finally slipped free of the stirrup.

Koga
03-10-2008, 11:36 PM
we are all waiting ? Whatcha got ? :confused:

LostArt
03-12-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm in no hurry Koga. And the weather has played a small part in more test driving. I did get a Bike Crusier though. Does that count? :D I wanted to do more than walk for exercise. So, now I'm sore as hell with the Boss laughing at me. EGADS! I threaten to purchase him a bike to go riding with me. He says "I" need the exercise. Riiiight. He wouldn't last a quarter of a mile down the road! :D

I'll bet you didn't get dragged a considerable distance behind the horse with your right foot stuck in the stirrup though! The horse in question was called Charlie and they even mentioned that he was "quite a character" before putting me on him, whereupon he promptly threw me off and galloped away with me in tow. I sometimes wonder how I managed to keep myself away from his hooves. I do know that I was "running" on my hands behind him for what seemed like an eternity until my foot finally slipped free of the stirrup.

Nope. Never had that happened Clive. But, I was stupid enough to get back in the saddle!!!

loodvig
03-25-2008, 09:03 AM
So, what did you buy? Anything yet?

LostArt
04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
So, what did you buy? Anything yet?

No car..............yet! :D

However, I have purchased a 50" Dixie Chopper lawnmower, HE Kenmore dishwasher, new tile for kitchen and laundry room is being laid on Monday. And about 4 linemen (not purchased) are coming Saturday to lay laminate flooring for our living room.

Yeah, I've been busy this spring break! Now the daughter and I are going to the beach (St. Augustine) for a day and night to relax before the work this weekend. :D

T-Saw
06-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll make you one heck of a deal on a Chrysler 300, It is .... uhhmmm excuse me .. it WAS a beautiful car... it now has a mild case of hail damage... well it was really just one hail stone, one furry brown, deer shaped hail stone, that weighed about 150 pounds , and tried to run across the highway in front of my wife.... sigh, it didn't make it. The wife is fine , her car..... not so much.

I can say though, that the 300 is a very nice car ( she chose it over the charger)

So did you ever find your new ride ?

LostArt
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I'll make you one heck of a deal on a Chrysler 300, It is .... uhhmmm excuse me .. it WAS a beautiful car... it now has a mild case of hail damage... well it was really just one hail stone, one furry brown, deer shaped hail stone, that weighed about 150 pounds , and tried to run across the highway in front of my wife.... sigh, it didn't make it. The wife is fine , her car..... not so much.

I can say though, that the 300 is a very nice car ( she chose it over the charger)

So did you ever find your new ride ?

Whoa. Glad she is okay. That's scary.

It's still up in the air, but yes, I want to get a car. Now with gas prices rising and not looking to come down, I'm thinking of getting something that does have good gas milage. Yeah, I'm pretty much disgusted. :D

BigClive
06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Here's what you want LA. These ladies are lovin' theirs, well, except perhaps the one at the back.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVvocDhhoT4

LostArt
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Clive, that was too funny. Awful, but funny. :D

I posted this before...but THIS is DEFINATELY YOU Girl!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdku_3QMyM

There ya go! Enough room to fit in my purse when through! I like it! :D

BTW.....the BMW, the Boss would never let me have anything THAT sexy to drive in! LOL!

LostArt
06-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Shame.......:(

Yep, even if it was inexpensive. :D

I noticed on MSN this morning they had the Top Topless 10 (sorry....just cars guys--heh). Here is the link:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=510924&topart=newcarresearch

oldfpler
06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
go for the cad, sweet.

LostArt
06-12-2008, 11:27 AM
go for the cad, sweet.

:D I know. I keep going back to it because it's just a damn smooth ride.

Hey, I'm getting 20 mpg right now with the Ford SportTrac. I'm hoping the caddy will be better though.

LostArt
06-12-2008, 05:16 PM
That's really pretty darn good milage for your Sport Trac.

I think the CTS only gets like 16mpg city and 25 mpg on the highway.
or so they say in the adds. A friend who has one says he gets 18 city.

Yeah, I thought so too. Man, I hate the thought of changing and it not be that much difference in the milage. Mine is usually highway milage. We have no real cities here. At least not for me. After my post this morning to Oldfpler, I went surfing. I sure love those red CTSs. :D

It's funny. One minute I'm all gungho and the next I'm wanting to hold off a while. Next thing you know the Boss has hauled my butt up to a dealership and we drive one off the lot. That's the way it works here. He just gets a bug up his butt and off we go! :D

1sully
06-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I might sell my Cad next year, be 50 years old, had it over 40 years.
Not cheap.

LostArt
06-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Oh man......she's a beaut sully! Really nice! I wouldn't sell her though.....expecially with what they can do with DNA these days. :D

Koga
06-14-2008, 10:25 AM
OK what ya want for it ? Where is it ? And a few details please ? It will go great with my other one ?

LostArt
06-17-2008, 06:47 PM
If and when I do, it will be on a High reserve bid auction, I have turned down $100K from a Japanese fellow.
It’s in my garage where I live, in the west.
What kind of details?
Showed you mine, let’s see yours.

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/laugh007.gif
http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/transport002.gif

WCLR
06-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Here is what I just bought. 08 Mercury Milan V6 Premier brand new for about 21,4K. Has two tone leather, sunroof, alloy 17" wheels, Microsoft Sync, 6 disc in dash changer, Sirius Satellite Radio, all power, heated seats and all kinds of other stuff I cant think of right off hand. Its sharp and you can get one used for about 16K with less than the mileage you want.

Edit: Forgot it has an 8 speaker Audiophile Stereo System that sounds unreal.

WCLR
06-18-2008, 02:33 AM
I might sell my Cad next year, be 50 years old, had it over 40 years.
Not cheap.

Just seen a 60 that had the same color combo that sold for well over 6 figures on a tv auction. Nice retirement there:D;)