PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Log Master" software.

michaelroyames
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
My crew has a set of three Log Master devices for measuring voltage (model number LM750, serial number 0161, from BROY Engineering - see attached image). They are great for troubleshooting, but we have a problem: we lost the software! Can anyone help us get a copy?

When we got a shiny new computer the installer-tech-guy forgot to copy the Log Master software to the new machine. The software is essential to communicate with the Log Master field units, and to display the results. We can't find the original installation disks for the software... so we're stuck. The company (BROY) markets a new, fancier version of the software, but we don't need that, we simply want to run the older DOS-based version that we already paid for - it was plenty good enough! Does anyone have a copy of this old Log Master software so we can continue using these excellent devices.

MRA

topgroove
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
broylogmaster@broy.com

you may be out of luck and have to run the newer software. Have you tried emailing broy and explaining the problem

Trbl639
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
If you can get hold of the old laptop..get the Tech to do a DATA-MIGRATION.....OR IF SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE COMPANY HAS IT ON THEIR COMPUTER THE tECH SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRANSFER/COPY IT TO YOURS.......

ooopppss ...sorry I hit the caps!

michaelroyames
04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I did try emailing BROY - no reply. But I"ve yet to try asking the company techs if they know of anyone else with the software - good thought! I'll giv eit a try.

MRA

BigClive
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I did try emailing BROY - no reply. But I"ve yet to try asking the company techs if they know of anyone else with the software - good thought! I'll giv eit a try.

MRA

Maybe better actually phoning them. It's too easy for them to ignore an email or even for it to fall into the spam bucket.

That said, I'm pretty bad for choosing to email people over talking to them directly.

BroyLogmaster
06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Michael
Where are you located?
Please visit our site at broy dot com, and you can access my email address, and I will get what you need.
I came across this post and form while searching stray voltage subject all over the web, so I would like to follow up that you have everything you need and the units are working well for you.

Peter Roy
Broy Engieering Ltd

BigClive
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't think the guy is active on this forum. He must have tried here in desperation.

I've sent you a PM with his email address. (PM = Private Messages up at the top right of this screen.)