PDA

View Full Version : Questions On Breaking in

KrazyK1605
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Hello there all, I am currently in the navy and am in Iraq right now. I am going to be getting out of the navy about 6 months after getting back and I want to be a lineman. I have looked into schools like northwest lineman in Idaho and a few more. My main questions were would it be best to waste the money on school and go from there, or just wing it apply at different places and try to get an apprenticeship? Also I am 24 single and dont mind travelling so any good suggestions on companies that do travel and pay good and would get me an apprenticeship I am willing to relocate anywhere in north america including canada. Shoot I would even go overseas. But anyways if there are any good suggestions I would love to hear it. Thank you

Saildier in the Narmy

swetngblts
06-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Money is not wasted on schooling.

If you can get in w/o going to school then go for it. You have some time to research and apply. I've seen alot of companies with the helmets to harhats logo on their websites.

Good Luck!

KrazyK1605
06-10-2008, 07:51 AM
thanks for the reply I had never heard of helmets to hardhats. I went online and looked it up and think i might apply when i get a little closer to getting out. If you have any good Ideas on school I would like to hear that as well. thanks again

electric squirrel
06-10-2008, 08:53 PM
The military will pay for you to go to that school in Idaho or California.
E.S.

Perk
06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I am an apprentice myself in East Tennessee & work for a public utility, but there is a contract co. based in Chattanooga (Dillard-Smith) that works all over the south-east and I know at least to St. Louis. Anyway they have a good program - SELCAT Southeastern Line Constructors Apprenticeship & Training. I work with several Linemen who came through there and they are some of the best we have.