PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Goods

Irishup
06-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I am looking for some info. My employer, Nat Grid, tells us that the class 2 rubber gloves I've used for the past 18yrs are no longer available. They were made by White Rubber, and they were bought by Salisbury. I and many of my co-workers find Salisbury gloves and sleeves for that matter, too stiff. I hope that they are not the only supplier. Any suggestions?

Trbl639
06-25-2008, 09:22 PM
No suggestions.............but we're still gettin Class 2 gloves!!!! But they are Salsbury.............

wudwlkr
06-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately, Salisbury is currently the only manufacturer of rubber gloves and sleeves in the US. I don't know anyone who cares for their gloves. They bought out White and have all their molds. Why they don't use them, heaven only knows. They need to get out and do some market research. I have heard of a couple of foreign companies that are trying to build manufacturing facilities and get established in the US. Hope so. Get some competition and wake Salisbury up.

BobbinWithApes
06-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Salisbury is the only manufacturer of quality gloves for the U.S. right now, however, Hubbell Power is going to be coming out with a private label agreement on gloves which should be available 4th quarter, 2008.

As for the class 2 gloves, you can still get the Salisbury type, but no more White available. This glove issue has been a mess for my company. It's harder than heck to get the gloves in then when they do come in they have a 40-50% failure rate.

bwa

mainline
06-26-2008, 05:37 PM
We were told by our told man that Salisbury destroyed the White molds that they acquired. We all suspect that if you asked for class two and three gloves you would get the same thing. I don't know whos hands they used for a model, but they are odd shaped.

Ski_Digger
06-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Irishup- It seems the gloves we have been getting for re-placements from the test lab are alot thinner?(for about the last year or more). I would have to check what make!
Ski

JAKE
06-27-2008, 06:45 PM
its real hard to get gloves right now at all i had my last pair fail and got destroyed and they got replaced with bell cuff cause it was all they could get and there HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

we have been having a 55% failure rate with gloves right now salsibury is having issues we wernt having this issue with the whites and the earlier salsibury's but all the sudden there going to shat, i hope hubble comes out with something good. i wear 11's to get the long enough fingers but there made for someone 300lbs and 7' tall they go 4" past my elbows and im 6'4" i miss my whites, i would like to kick the guy that decided to scrap the whites molds in the balls repeatedly.