PDA

View Full Version : Help For A Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoman
07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Is there anyone out there that can offer advice and guidance?

here is our dilemma: I am a steward for the line dept and we have a young fellow that is currently partially disabled due to an work related injury. This guy has a relentless desire to become a lifer in the line series but due to his injury he may find himself on the street. The cause of the injury was the neglect of the employer and a contractor of the employer. It has been turned over to Workers Compensation and now the kid is trying to fight city hall. The question I have is; can this fellow sue the employer for neglect? The fact that his every day life activities have become a struggle for him appears to have taken the back burner. No one seems to care and our Local Union seems to consider the issue contentious.

CAN ANYONE OFFER AN AVENUE TO PURSUE?

Bull Dog
07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
In my state the company's and the state made a deal. No law suits for workers compensation but there still is a way to sue the company. The company has to be guilty of gross negligence. I would say darn near impossible to prove. He could contact an attorney and see what he says.

snoman
07-03-2008, 02:07 PM
thanks BD, we are trying to find a lawyer that will help.