PDA

View Full Version : selcat

phone man
08-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Has any gone through selcat if so what was it like ie what happen 1ST when did you go to climbing school how long was it did you get paid how hard was it?
any help would be great

Thanks

phone man
08-16-2008, 06:29 PM
does anybody have any info

IronLine
08-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Welllll...All I know is what I remember the Union Rep tellin' me last year bud. Climbing school is a week long, and no, you do not get paid. You get room and board though. Its pretty intensive from what I heard, climbing ain't that hard though. Just learn to trust your equipment and you'll be fine. It's hard to believe that a tiny little spike can hold you as you swivel and move and reach out, but it can. Only time I fell was I wasn't paying attention, had my safety lengthened all the way out, and I stepped in it hahahaha. Pulled my ass right off the pole. I was laughing at my buddy next to me who didn't follow instructions and cut out. Pay attention!

2WDKING
08-18-2008, 09:23 AM
hello phone man i am hoping to get interviewed in nov for mo valley in iowa i am 38 and desperately need a career change,i almost went to school to be a lineman 20 years ago,i too have the same questions as you,what state are you in? goodluck