PDA

View Full Version : Contact In Louisiana

Trbl639
09-17-2008, 09:15 AM
GOT WORD, THAT 2 OG&E HANDS WERE BURNED IN LOUISIAN, DOING RESTORATION WORK.................

THEY WERE WORKING ON A LATERAL, BEHIND AND OPEN SWITCH, NO GROUNDS, NO HOLD CARDS, NO FLAGGING.............DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING, BUT ANOTHER GROUP OF OG&E HANDS CAME BY, FOUND THE SWITCH OPEN AND TRIED IT...IT WAS IN A RURAL AREA, AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW THEIR CO-WORKERS WERE DOWN THERE!!!!!:mad:

ONE WAS TREATED AND RELEASED THAT DAY...THE OTHER TREATED AND RELEASED THE NEXT DAY....BOTH WILL MAKE IT........

DON'T KNOW ALL THE DETAILS, BUT AS SOON AS I FIND OUT WHAT I CAN..........................

THIS JUST DON'T MAKE SENSE TO ME...OUT OF TOWN...STORM WORK...UNFAMILIAR AREA...1000'S OF OTHER HANDS WORKING THERE....AND NO GROUNDS

I GUESS STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.....................

lewy222
09-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I hope it turns out to be different then your report...I cant imagine being that lazy or stupid or whatever. I guess they are lucky to have made it and I'll bet they do it right if they get a second chance. I will usually take the door with me when I patrol the line. I am not sure which crew in this situation is really the worst, the guys working without grounds and tags or the a-holes that just tried the cutout without going over it. Work safe guys!

HEAVY DUTY
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I Have Done Alot Of Crazy Things But I Hate To Think I Would Do Something Like This. Everyone Please Pray For These People

God Answers Prayer

Steve

Trbl639
09-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I hope it turns out to be different then your report...I cant imagine being that lazy or stupid or whatever. I guess they are lucky to have made it and I'll bet they do it right if they get a second chance. I will usually take the door with me when I patrol the line. I am not sure which crew in this situation is really the worst, the guys working without grounds and tags or the a-holes that just tried the cutout without going over it. Work safe guys!

I got a little more info yesterday....the SECOND OG&E CREW was working with the first one(guys that got burned) ...there was a short 1 span lateral across the road from the switch with a transformer and 1 customer...they were going to close the switch to get the 1 customer back on....they did not look very close, as the 1 customer was on a hot line clamp.....NOT A FUSE SWITCH....... and already had power....they closed the fused switch thinking it would heat up the 1 customer....INSTEAD IT HEATED UP THE LINE ON THEIR OWN MEN!!!!!!!

it's definately SAD!!!!!!:mad:

linedog
10-02-2008, 08:05 PM
First of all the guys that were hurt better learn a big lesson from this, who cares if there is a million costumers out of power take your time and do the job safely, Secondly why in the hell didn't the guys that closed the switch talk to dispatch before they got rammy? Truth be told were I work, not a single one of the guys involved in the incident would still have a job.:mad: